• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I like your setup. Very nicely dun. I have a 20 ga set up just about like yours. It is there for the wife to grab just in case. Her car.

A truck or car gun is very personal just like what you carry all the time. You pack what you think you will need. At one time I carried a Savage 24 in 3030 over a 12 ga. It was great for what it was used for around the farm. At that time I wasn't in the city much and didn't see the need for more than a single shot. With the Savage I had the choice of the rifle or shotgun.

In my truck when I go to town or a questionable part of town I grab a 12 ga and put it in the truck. It's there for the fire power not long range. I see no need for long range when I can drive away. Now if someone disables the truck and is shooting at me from past a 100 yards I am in deep doo doo.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have always wanted a truck gun. More specifically, a truck rifle. I have had a Kel Tec Sub 2000 for a while now and finally decided to figure out how to make it my truck gun.

I have a Toyota Tundra Crew Cab in which the back seats fold down. After playing around for a while, I figured out how I could get the Sub 2k mounted up in there. Finally made it happen today. Evn had room to mount two Glock 33rd 9mm mags to go with it.

Would love to hear INGOs feedback.

I like it.

Do you keep a charged 17 round magazine inside the magwell of the rifle? I would!

ole hombre

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    Nobody is stupid for applying their best effort and personal preferences on a truck gun or any other firearm for that matter. Mine at present is a SAA revolver in 357--don't mean that should be yours. Just gives this ole timer some confidence.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My truck gun is a .410 snake charmer with 10 rounds on her...A couple Buckshot and Slugs, and the rest a mix of number 6's and number 8's....I guess I don't have many shootouts on a regular basis like many of the posters seem to have to deal with or are concerned about...(I had no idea it was so dangerous up North!) I am more concerned with having a varmint/coppehead killer close at hand when I pull up to our little farm after being gone a couple of days...Those cucumber cooking brown demons (copperheads) like to sun on my old creek rock steps when we are not around....:xmad:

My thinking is kind of like Que's...If there is a shootout going on and I make it back to the truck I am leaving the area....:):

To the OP I think it looks great and you did a great job....:yesway:

Top Bottom