• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's also handy in a shtf situation if your carbine also can use the same mags/bullets as your EDC. So those rifles are handy if you also carry a Glock. I like those rifles as a defensive long gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now it's a rifle caliber war, how refreshing. NOT.

OP, cool idea well executed.

OK smart guy.......What would you do. To me a 9mm is a waste of time in a hand gun let alone a carbine. I even stated I was already biased.
    OP asked....opinion given. Not in a snarky manner either. Pretty honest all things said.

Ask a question....be ready for some answers.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    LOL! My first thought to the 9mm is worthless conversation. Yep 9mm is no good.....but 33 9mm is downright delightful!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    True, but you can't slip a rifle into your pocket if you're pumping gas in a bad neighborhood. I think there's justification for a long gun and a handgun in a vehicle, since both would be needed at different times.

Totally agree. I was working under the assumption that a handgun was always part of the mix. I always have mine on me or in the door pocket of the truck. Been working out a mounting system for the AR also.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I like the idea of a truck gun. Especially a rifle, I carry a pistol. I'm just scared to leave a weapon in a vehicle, if I'm not close by. I'm sure I could get away with it in my small community, but too much Army in me. Your weapon stays with you. I am almost always with my .45 so I don't feel naked, but if I can ever figure out a way to have one "secured" in my truck, I would. The threat level in my area doesn't warrant having a rifle with me at all times, right now. I do have a locking gun box suspended from the roof of my camper shell, but I seldom use it as not being in the cab, it does not offer quick access anyway. I have carried an AR many times behind my seat, I just don't leave it there.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Guns are way too dangerous and scary to be owned, handled, used, looked at, or even thought about by commoners. But, if I was to lose my mind, do something completely crazy and unsafe like carrying one in my truck, then a folding AK with 10 30 rd mags filled with 7.62 goodness would be just the way I'd go.

rwp1jd.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    OP, I see some negative remarks and quite a few "IF I had a truck/car gun, it would be ........"

You are happy with your set up. Great job. (Just get the FMJ's out of the 33 rd mags and put some good SD ammo in there.)

If I had a truck gun, it would be a......
    [video=youtube_share;Rx6WB5YJia8]http://youtu.be/Rx6WB5YJia8[/video]

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    OK smart guy.......What would you do. To me a 9mm is a waste of time in a hand gun let alone a carbine. I even stated I was already biased.
    OP asked....opinion given. Not in a snarky manner either. Pretty honest all things said.

Ask a question....be ready for some answers.
    My point exactly. If you don't carry regularly, I can see a handgun (or a handgun caliber carbine) being your truck "gun". But since I'm always carrying, make mine a truck "rifle"...and make it something with some punch. The overwhelming odds are that I'll use it on a 4-legged animal before I ever would have to use it on a 2-legged animal...at least that's "my reality". For me the best options are a moderately powerful common caliber bolt gun (308/3006) with a low mount fixed 4x scope sighted in at 100yds(this is my current setup), a 12ga pump with a full length stock and ghost ring sights sighted in for 50yds with slugs(buckshot on a side saddle), or a ghost ring sighted lever gun in 30-30 or 44mag for more capacity. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with a 9mm carbine...but you're severely limited in range and power. Having said that, if the zombie apocalypse happens I would want to be riding in your truck.

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, that was rude.

Personally, I like something smaller in my vehicle. I have a .38 Smith snubby in my console. But as was already said, different strokes. :)

Ah the elusive Sub2k in the wild. I envy the owners, but I went the cheap (and available) route with the 995TS. Love it though for the range.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    ACC, I think that looks pretty good! Nice job, and just powerful enough to get the job done for most cases that you would possibly run across.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not that there is such a think as 100% secured, I don't think I like the idea of this gun being secured only by Velcro straps and locked doors. It's my opinion that a firearm left in a vehicle should be under some sort of secondary Lock-&-Key, where the primary lock is the doors of the vehicle.

Top Bottom