• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have always wanted a truck gun. More specifically, a truck rifle. I have had a Kel Tec Sub 2000 for a while now and finally decided to figure out how to make it my truck gun.

I have a Toyota Tundra Crew Cab in which the back seats fold down. After playing around for a while, I figured out how I could get the Sub 2k mounted up in there. Finally made it happen today. Evn had room to mount two Glock 33rd 9mm mags to go with it.

Would love to hear INGOs feedback.

My back seat in position:

Back seat now folded down:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    A pistol is for close people shootin...if I need to use my pistol to fight my way to my truck gun, I'd hope to find something more powerful behind my seat than a little 9mm when I make it there. When I think of a truck gun I think of something that will reach out and touch something, hard. Not a short range small pistol caliber. Mine's an '06 loaded with 180grain RN at 2800fps. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Nice mounting scheme.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Nice set-up. Nothing wrong with a 9mm carbine for a truck gun. If one is using his pistol to get to his truck gun then the threat is already on top of you and no need to "reach out and touch something". If one needs a long range rifle to stop a threat, then in my mind, it's not a threat. As already said, different strokes.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Stupid is as stupid does lol. Any gun is better than no gun. I be willing to bet 75% of the people here don't even have a dedicated vehicle gun. Nice setup you have there.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Except that the OP asked for feedback. On INGO. I'm sure the OP was expecting atta-boys and props, but again, this is INGO. You will seldom find unicorns and rainbows here.

Honest feedback would also explain WHY it's stupid. That was just a snarky remark for the sake of making a snarky remark.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I think it's a good setup, out of sight and quick to get to. My concern has been leaving a gun in my car if the car was stolen or broken into and the gun stolen. I just don't know what the liability is, and wouldn't want it used against me.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Honestly, it's cool, but it's just a gigantic hand gun.
    Get a glock 17 and some of those 33 round mags and it's the same thing.
    With the room you have, build a cheap A2 style AR15 and stash it back there. then you've got some firepower.

I think one of the best "truck guns" is a police trade Glock 22. Cheap and very effective.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Honestly, it's cool, but it's just a gigantic hand gun.
    Get a glock 17 and some of those 33 round mags and it's the same thing.
    With the room you have, build a cheap A2 style AR15 and stash it back there. then you've got some firepower.

9mm out of a 16" barrel is on par with a .357 magnum round. Still not a rifle round, but no slouch either. Having a much longer sight radius and a stock makes for MUCH more accurate shooting as well.

Top Bottom