• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I keep hoping to be that question so that I can show the doctor pictures of my six year old daughter with her rifle and my AK. Maybe the picture of her in her Barbie Jeep with the "Protected By HK" bumper sticker, too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Another idea would be that it is a standard form, used for persons from toddler age to geriatric. If the person being treated shows signs of depression the doctor can refer to the chart.

One of my docs explained it that way to me when the issue came up. My "box" on the form wasn't answered.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    my doctors office subtractes 5 lbs off my weight for my pistol. and then my doc usually orders something nice from me.... last time it was a dagger with a very handsome spalted maple handle. :)

and he is of middle eastern discent! what got us talking at a vist was my "Death to AQ" shirt!! ;)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Since more children typically die each year by drowning in BUCKETS (it's true, check the CDC numbers) than from firearm accidents, where are all the questions about whether I have any buckets in my home?

Add bathtubs, swimming pools, and toilets to the list and we have a horrendous number of preventable of drownings. Why allow anyone to even HAVE a bathtub? Not only do people drown in those things, they also slip and fall and break their hips. You can get just as clean in a shower. You shouldn't even be able to have a bathtub unless you can prove you need one, obtain the necessary permits, and take an approved bath tub safety course.

Don't even bring up toilets. Those things all ought to have locking lids. I mean come on, if ONE kid drowns in a toilet (and they do) that's one too many. We need a national toilet lid lock law.

AND, all this ignores the fact that doctors themselves are MORE dangerous than firearms. I'll spare everyone by not posting the accidental and malpractice related death statistics.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Today my 3 month old son had his first round of shots ( how horrible! ). My wife was asked to fill out paperwork that asked lots of different questions, most of the routine such as :

1.) What type of water do you have, well or city?
    2.) Is your water flourinated?
    3.) Do you have smoke detectors
    4.) DO YOU HAVE FIREARMS IN THE HOME?

My wife checked yes about the firearms; after I read that I had her change it to "no". Does anyone know why they would need to know this information? This is an invasion of privacy if you ask me! Sounds like some covert CPS operation.
    My theory is that the admissions clerk has a boyfriend who does home invasion robberies for a living. She inserted that question on the admission form so that she can go home and tell him which houses to avoid!! ;)

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    There were also strange questions such as "was your house built before 1970, do you have radon detectors etc". I personally don't trust anyone, especially some government questionnaire, call me crazy..

Then why trust them to inject unknown substances directly into your child's body? Vaccinations are NOT mandatory; NOT even mandatory for public schools.

My other post on this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_vaccinations_in_health_bill.html#post487004

Vaccine Exempt link: Indiana State Exemption Information

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Then why trust them to inject unknown substances directly into your child's body? Vaccinations are NOT mandatory; NOT even mandatory for public schools.

My other post on this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_vaccinations_in_health_bill.html#post487004

Vaccine Exempt link: Indiana State Exemption Information

Thanks for this information - I had tried to make this argument to my wife but she and the doctor were set on the vaccinations. I personally do not agree with inoculations and I would prefer not to have them in my children.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I have noticed that doctors that are members of the AMA will ask this question. Not all doctors are members. I would find a doctor that is not a member and you will not be asked this question. The AMA is very anti-gun so I am not suprised that this question was asked.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Went in for a minor surgery a while back, and the questionairre wanted to know if it was OK to give the ins company ANY info they wanted. I chewed some arse on that one... Gotta protect your rights, and your privacy.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    My doctor never asked that when Callie was ready for vaccines. That being said...I CHOSE which vaccines I let them give her.

If my DR asked about firearms...I WOULD get a new Dr. But that's just me!

They asked about your house being built before the 70's because of lead paint. That's all.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    That is a question I routinely ask when dealing with pediatrics. I follow that with what does the child know about gun safety and what do the parents teach about gun safety. Nothing more, nothing less. Some people may stick their own personal agenda into that but patient education is a big part of my job and if there is a deficiency in an area of safety such as that, I will be more than happy to pass along NRA safety pamphlets, let them know free locks can be had at the local PD and recommend teaching gun safety to their children as early as possible.

Edit: I have never placed this information in the patient's chart and if it were, it would not be available to the insurance companies without a court order.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The magic phrase I learned for all kinds of questions that are none of the doctors' business and which are an invasion of privacy having nothing to do with the treatment and/or care being sought is "that's a boundary violation."

Top Bottom