• hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    googleearth-1.jpg

googleearth-1-1.jpg

I'm sure the surveyors lines are a little straighter than mine.:D

Just found out from the surveyor that the total lot is 27.187 acres. 10 of that is farm ground to the right and bottom of this picture. I can't wait to start building in it. I'll be deer hunting from a bedroom window.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Have an area picked out for the house?

It it were me, I'd put it half-way between the road and ravine, probably out towards the southern edge to make building an access road/drive easier.

googleearth-1-1.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    googleearth-1-1-1.jpg

The house will be the red dot. The pole barn will be the yellow dot. Eventually the pond will be the blue area. About 2 acres or so.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Where is the pistol range going to be?

Pistol? I've got almost 450 yards of depth. Te range willbe right next to the woods on the south side. I figure I'll put up a backstop made of railroad ties and fill it with dirt at the end and put fence posts up marking every 50 yards.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Pistol? I've got almost 450 yards of depth. Te range willbe right next to the woods on the south side. I figure I'll put up a backstop made of railroad ties and fill it with dirt at the end and put fence posts up marking every 50 yards.

I've got a buddy here in zombie-filled Lafayette that owns a Bob-cat, and he lets me borrow it!

Pm me if you need help. I'll see what we can figure out.

BTW- BEAUTIFUL place. I'm envious, to say the least! :patriot:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Congratulations on this major step! You'll love being out on your own place.

Do you want dibs on the screen name 'Lovemywoods2'? :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've got a buddy here in zombie-filled Lafayette that owns a Bob-cat, and he lets me borrow it!

Pm me if you need help. I'll see what we can figure out.

BTW- BEAUTIFUL place. I'm envious, to say the least! :patriot:

Already got that covered. I have a Deere 4120 with loader, backhoe, and a bunch of other attachments. I've been using it to clear out where I'm going to put my house and barn.

I probably won't get the mini truck until spring or so. Unless I come up on a deal I can't pass up.

Thanks for the compliments. I grew up a mile from this place and hated it then. Now we can't wait to get back.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Oh, that's too bad. I heard that the Colts are looking for a summer training camp location, and they're going to use eminent domain to take this acreage for their new facility. I think the pond location is right where they are going to build a swimming pool though, so maybe you can work out some kind of shared agreement for that space.

;)

Seriously, that looks great. My dream is to own 100 acres, about 60 acres of woods and 40 acres of field, and build my house in the middle of it all. Congrats! You're living the dream. It makes me want to get out of my neighborhood and into the country. If it were me, I'd pick out a spot for an orchard and plant the trees now, especially if you want to plant nut trees. You'll appreciate them later.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh, that's too bad. I heard that the Colts are looking for a summer training camp location, and they're going to use eminent domain to take this acreage for their new facility. I think the pond location is right where they are going to build a swimming pool though, so maybe you can work out some kind of shared agreement for that space.

;)

Seriously, that looks great. My dream is to own 100 acres, about 60 acres of woods and 40 acres of field, and build my house in the middle of it all. Congrats! You're living the dream. It makes me want to get out of my neighborhood and into the country. If it were me, I'd pick out a spot for an orchard and plant the trees now, especially if you want to plant nut trees. You'll appreciate them later.

only if irsay has the stones to serve me the eviction papers in person.

Top Bottom