• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Very nice place. How did you decide on the builder?

We originally were going to have TK Constructors build our house but we heard about ICF homes at the home show a year ago. We were talking to geothermal people at the show and they kept talking about ICF construction and pointed us out to the builder we ended up choosing. Their name is Crane Builders and their office is just inside 465 on Rockville Road.

With the exception of 1 small wallon the 2nd floor, our entire outside walls will be poured concrete in insulated concrete forms. I'm even having a 26'7" x 22' safe room in the basement that will be fully encapsulated with concrete.

This house is way more than a conventional stick built house but the utility bills should be way cheaper with concrete. I'm ready to get this house started and move in.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dude seriously.

envy.jpg
    = ME.

Very nice!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Printcraft, I was thinking of you yesterday. We haven't even dug a hole for this house yet and already my wife is driving me nuts. I've never built a house before although I have some construction experience. She's constantly asking me questions (sounds like they are questions to me anyway) like I know everything there is to know about everything. They're usually in a tone that I don't care for and she gets mad at me when I get ticked off. I'll usually say something to the effect of "I've built 6 houses before so I know everything there is to know about ......". Then she gets picked and says it wasn't a question, just saying.

Well I told her last night that I need to get a life sized cardboard cut out of me so she can stand there and ask all these questions as it will care about as much as I do. Can you hook a brother up? JK.:D sort of.

Top Bottom