• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Had this a couple months now, finally got around to posting it up.

I orderered it back in May from Wyatt's Sporting goods in Cicero, picked it up new for $220. Sadly it took them a while to get it to me because i ordered right in the middle of their licensing debacle over there. however they did do as much as they could to make it right so I would be willing recommend them.

3949292866_c9781959f2_b.jpg

One of the coolest aspects of this little rife is that it all packs down into the stock for easy carrying. Plus it weighs in at only 2.5 pounds (they also say it floats but i'm none to eager to test that out).

3948515181_0e41b67e4e_b.jpg

3949296056_d7ed485b6b_b.jpg

It comes with 2 8-round mags that pack into the stock (1 in the receiver, 1 in a slot), all metal parts are Teflon coated, both the stock and the barrels cover are "impact resistant" plastic (another thing I'm perfectly happy not testing out). It all assembles together real easy with not tools or fuss.

3949299130_3ef74d96c2_b.jpg

3948517771_46a7057742_b.jpg

It can be pretty front heavy when fully assembled, but that's just because its so light in the first place. I'm thinking about putting in some fishing weights to balance it out more and give it some more heft. The first thing I noticed while shooting it Is that the stock is rather "chunky" and the lack of any fore grip whatsoever forced my to ajust myself constantly for the first few mags through it. It comes with a adjustable peep site in the rear with a blade in the front. The peep comes in two standard sizes too big and just right. Took me about half an hour but once i got use to it, I was getting 2 1/2 inch groups @ 50 yards. (that's pretty good for me and not bad for a rifle that packs into my backpack)

3948516717_8afaec92ae_b.jpg

All in all i like the little thing and it will soon become the bane of cans and squirrels everywhere. :D :ar15:

3948514055_bd4cae4d9e_b.jpg

Ah and cons/things they could do better:
    -You can't safe it unless there is a round in the chamber
    -no place to put extra ammo beyond the two mags (a la the Springfield M6)
    -some hardware not Teflon coated and prone to rust (oil this thing down before you put it away)
    -NEVER TAKE IT APART (i was chasing springs for two hours)
    -Mag release is inside the trigger guard

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I want one of these, very, very badly. Please get it out to the range ASAP and get some 5 round groups with various kinds of .22lr and bring back a range report with pic. I am desperate to know how accurate these henries can be.

These pics only make the want ever so much worse!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I want one of these, very, very badly. Please get it out to the range ASAP and get some 5 round groups with various kinds of .22lr and bring back a range report with pic. I am desperate to know how accurate these henries can be.

I'm prolly not a good enough shot to be judging this thing off of. If anyone wants to borrow it for a day feed it and put it through its paces let me know. Just make sure to have her back by curfew :D

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    Awesome gun I used to have one. It was a Armalite though, sadly when I took it home it didnt fire. So I took it back and havent bought a new one yet.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have heard nothing but good on these. No to mention they added a rail on the receiver. Too, too cool.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Omg! I've always wanted one of these. It would be one of those "oh my, the sh*t has hit the fan and we gotta go!" guns. Too cool. A pretty cool last ditch weapon.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    had one and loved it. one of the best shooting survival guns out. besides my bronco 22 wire frame

I've heard of those, looks like this right?

Model_7_w_.jpg

there was also a .410/.22 combo out i think. I looked them up they run anywhere from 100 bucks to 800. Neat, has a kinda post apocalyptic look to it. Seems like it would be had to track one down in decent condition tho.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I was thinking of buying one of those for a behind the seat gun in my truck. But I stuck a Marlin 39A back there instead. Still like those guys, though. The thick butt and no stock seem like they might make shooting ackward, though.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I just saw one today at the Gander Mountain on the Northside but it was silver was the most akward looking firearm evar. I would love to see how it shots would maybe make a great in the kayak gun.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a couple of these and they are fun to shoot. Interestingly enough, one of mine groups exceptionaly well with Aguila 60 grain SSS ammo. Also, as a lefty shooter, I think they are a little easier to shoot since the receiver is offset slightly to the right, bringing it in line more with the eye.

I am shooting this weekend, guess I'll have to break it out.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I like weird takedown/folding survival guns. I've been meaning to have a survival .22 shoot out with my AR-7, Springfield M6 Scout, Savage 24 and Marlin Papoose.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Please anyone, report if you see an accuracy test on one of these. I would love to see if they are capable of 4MOA or not.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Please anyone, report if you see an accuracy test on one of these. I would love to see if they are capable of 4MOA or not.

Still broke, So you'll have to do with my Google-tek for now

Video: [ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3193223/henry_ar7_22_us_survival_rifle_trail_boss_test/]Henry AR7 22 US Survival Rifle Trail Boss Test - Video[/ame]

and some articles/reviews:

Oh Henry, it's a classic plinker. - Writer's Corner: General Non-Fiction - Epinions.com

The Next Chapter: Survival Arms AR-7 Survival Rifle

U.S. Survival Rifle – Henry Repeating Arms

Top Bottom