• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've always thought they were cool and would love to have one. I was afraid that they wouldn't hold up too well with a lot of rounds through it, so I recently bought a Ruger 10/22 for my plinking. However, I still love the novelty of these and would love to pick one up. Thanks for sharing all of the pictures and for the video review post. :yesway:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'll try to do some 25 yrd and 50 yrd groups this weekend and report later.

25 yard groups would be perfect! I am looking for slow and deliberate fire to see what the rifle is actually capable of.

If it is accurate enough, and I can find a way to sling it... Hmmm...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    How much did you give for that? Reason I'm asking is because you should have possibly looked at a Kel-Tec SU22. They fold by depressing only one pin. High cap mags, and light as ****.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Hey Techres - Shot mine today. Great weather and no wind. Shot at 35 yards.

Benched the gun off of my range bag. Held a 6 o'clock hold on some 3" shoot n see stickers. I fired five round strings. Three ammo types were used and all shot around 1-2" low and a little to the left. I have never adjusted the sight on this rifle.

Worst was PMC Moderator. Tried this to see how sub-sonic would perform. The rifle would not fully cycle and 35 yard group was around 3.5".

Second place goes to Federal Champion 36 grain HP bulk pack with a group around 2". Actually two were touching with one 1" high and one 1" low. some shooter error involved me thinks.

Not surprisingly CCI Mini-Mags 36 grain HP did the best with all five rounds within 1". Shot a second string to be sure and it was similar.

I was a little surprised as the sights on these are pretty primitive. 35 yards (actually 107' per laser) is well within rabbit range or whatever "survival" game you are hunting. The receiver is grooved for a scope but that defeats the neato factr of storing in the stock. They are fun, though a little awkward to shoot. I would not want to plink all day but they certainly have their place.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Benched the gun off of my range bag. Held a 6 o'clock hold on some 3" shoot n see stickers. I fired five round strings. Three ammo types were used and all shot around 1-2" low and a little to the left. I have never adjusted the sight on this rifle.

Worst was PMC Moderator. Tried this to see how sub-sonic would perform. The rifle would not fully cycle and 35 yard group was around 3.5".

Second place goes to Federal Champion 36 grain HP bulk pack with a group around 2". Actually two were touching with one 1" high and one 1" low. some shooter error involved me thinks.

Not surprisingly CCI Mini-Mags 36 grain HP did the best with all five rounds within 1". Shot a second string to be sure and it was similar.

I was a little surprised as the sights on these are pretty primitive. 35 yards (actually 107' per laser) is well within rabbit range or whatever "survival" game you are hunting. The receiver is grooved for a scope but that defeats the neato factr of storing in the stock. They are fun, though a little awkward to shoot. I would not want to plink all day but they certainly have their place.

:postpics:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

Next time you shoot it, try flipping the rear peep site over to the smaller aperture.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'll have to check the peep sight. I did not know it flipped. Groups shown below. They are a little better than I described earlier. PMC was about 2.5" with equal spread. Federal was about an 1.5" plus a flyer to the southeast. CCI had three of five shots touching with one a half inch up and one a half inch right. Overall I would say the CCI was darn impressive. That was also the first string I shot which may have something to do with it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I want one of these, very, very badly. Please get it out to the range ASAP and get some 5 round groups with various kinds of .22lr and bring back a range report with pic. I am desperate to know how accurate these henries can be.

These pics only make the want ever so much worse!

+1. My thoughts exactly. These look like great rifles.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Well I have always thought these AR-7's were pretty cool!
    There are accessories to be found which is a plus! They breakdown which is cool in my book, especially while hiking. Reliability, well looks like Henry is doing alot better then there predecessors, and Henry's CS is awesome!

What what it is designed to do it is the perfect companion to anyones survivial needs. I am glad of all the posts, positive posts on this thread, it seems that this little rifle doesnt get the respect it deserves. +1 to all the positive comments!

I think the only competition to the AR-7 now a days is the Marlin Papoose, they are harder to find but also a great take down .22.

I think either one of these would bring great satisfaction to the survival aspect that they were designed to fulfill.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I think the only competition to the AR-7 now a days is the Marlin Papoose, they are harder to find but also a great take down .22.

I have both of these and, while they are often compared, I personally feel they are different enough to not be comparable in an either/or way.

Like other takedown .22's such as Rossi Pumps and Henry Lever actions, the Papoose is more of a good shooting rifle that breaks down.

The AR7 has the whol store in the stock and float thing which sacrifices ergonomics and long term durability for function.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    I've had two of these and they're definitely worth the money. Also, I think the odd off-centered stock that gives it the stranger ergonomics is shaped that way to hold the barrel, hence the lumpiness off to the left side. Just my thoughts on that matter.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I have one. Going back to the factory for the second time this week. First time it was a jam-o-matic, six years ago. Then it would double fire, fixed that myself. Now it won't fire at all. At least they fix for free.

I hope you have better luck with yours than I have had. For me this is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Holy thread resurrection Batman.

I got a Charter Arms AR7 and a Bulldog .44spl at the same place back in the 90’s. I still have the Bulldog and love it but the AR7 was a jam-O-matic so I got rid of it.

I’m glad Henry did it right. errr..... for the most part.

Top Bottom