My first rant: Why can't idiot drivers merge correctly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Urggggggh! Do people get taught how to merge onto a freeway anymore?

I drive for a living and day in, day out I see these imbeciles who think that 1: they have the right of way when merging, 2: have to immediately go from the far right lane to the far left without checking mirrors or using signals, or 3: don't bother to try to get to highway speed before trying to join the lane. Complete jackasses!!!! :xmad:

Sometimes I wish I carried a paintball gun in the truck with me. I'd love to just be able to roll down my window and pelt them. At least other drivers could see the idiot marks on their cars and be wary of them! :):

Wha say you all?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's the me first generation.

Everything is not as important as me, everthing else is secondary.

If every body would just leave for work 5-10 minutes earlier a lot of thses problems would cease to exist.

But then again, the me first atitude would more than likely still be burned into their thought process. We need to become more polite and courtious as a society again.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I agree. Too many people don't understand the concept of an "acceleration lane." And the other problem that I have been running into lately is people driving in the right lane that won't make room in merging traffic. And in some cases will move INTO the right most lane as they are coming upon merging traffic and intentionally close up the holes. EVEN when there was clear traffic in the lane that they just left for the right lane. Sometimes I think just to be an a$$.

I firmly believe that the majority of people driving the roadways today are inconsiderate, self-absorbed, clueless idiots that get out on the road and enter their own little world in their own little head.

Okay, I put my soapbox away. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    You think that's bad? Come to Hamilton county where they're replacing every 4-way stop in the county with a roundabout and nobody knows the difference between "yield" and "stop".

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You had your answer all along.

People are not taught how to drive well. What little they are taught they quickly forget. I would guess that the majority of people could not even pass a driving test.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

You had your answer all along.

People are not taught how to drive well. What little they are taught they quickly forget. I would guess that the majority of people could not even pass a driving test.

I know they wouldn't pass mine. :D Ohhhhh sorry! Thanks for Playing. NEXT! :draw:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i heard somewhere that like 80% of traffic jams are caused simply by people in general being moronic drivers...namely not knowing how to merge properly

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Many times, I get stuck in the right lane because my company chooses to govern all their trucks. I keep right so that traffic can pass.
    But an 80,000# rig does NOT slow from 60 to 30 in enough time to let Grandpa Jones enter from the right. Top that with the fact the I'm hauling liquids and you can see my frustrations. If I can, I will move over, but then I get hung out in the middle while noone, who were shown courtesy and allowed to merge, will allow me (or other traffic) back to the granny lane. :noway:

I just remembered, my chickens might be able to help me with some extra eggs to throw........:dunno:

Geez!, and they say that guns are dangerous!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Based upon feedback from both daughters, the drivers ed courses nowadays are only teaching the bare essentials to pass the driving test. The real basics of driving; merging in traffic, right lane only unless passing, etc, you know. . . .the true mechanics of driving that make it all work, aren't being taught anymore.

I for one won't mourn the passing of the "everybody gets a trophy" generations. Of course I will have been worm food long before this ever happens.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

If every body would just leave for work 5-10 minutes earlier a lot of thses problems would cease to exist.

But then again, the me first atitude would more than likely still be burned into their thought process. We need to become more polite and courtiois as a society again.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.

But then again, the me first atitude would more than likely still be burned into their thought process. We need to become more polite and courtiois as a society again.
    You took the words right out of my mouth!!! :) It won't let me rep you!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    And you get some drivers who refuse to let other drivers merge FROM the on ramp.

They refuse to get in the center lane, even if they are able.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As far as merging is concerned, most people seem to fear the pedal on the right. You are NOT going to hurt your car by stepping on that pedal. With practice it can even become fun!

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

No, they'd all just happen 5-10 minutes earlier!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Since nobodys has mentioned it, I will; how many of these driving impaired people are busy on their cell phone? I'd say most. I can spot a cell phone user very easily by their driving habits. The majority of times I finally get to pass a poor driver, they have a phone stuck to their ear. Of course, there were bad drivers before cell phones, now its a lot worse.

Top Bottom