My first rant: Why can't idiot drivers merge correctly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I have always wanted to get a land barge beef it up demo derby style and just drive around completely following traffic laws but not yield to other peoples ignorance or mistakes and see how many wrecks I would get it. I should take up that idea and call up 1-800 ASK-Gary I would be rich

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I flash people in and wave them in all the time. I am usually in no hurry to get anywhere because I set off in PLENTY of time.

If someone is bigger than me, wants to go faster than me etc. I usually move over if safe to do so and let them pass. If I'm already doing 5-10 over and they still want to go faster, they can either wait or I'll let them get past me.

My wife has ZERO patience with anyone else on the road. I anticipate situations, lights, merges etc. She accelerates up to red lights, slams on the brakes etc. etc.

I still get annoyed with the odd person on the road but thats where a loud horn comes in handy. So many people are on the phone, have their radios on loud etc. and not paying attention.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Other traffic stuff the "me generation" does:
    Walk in the middle of the street, don't move off the road, even when there is a sidewalk.

Wear black at night while walking in street.

Pull up to intersections and block entrance/exit of businesses at intersection, such as gas stations.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no consideration in the young people today. They think the space I leave between my front bumper and the vehicle in front of me is for them. I see everything that all of you are talking about everyday through the windshield of my service truck. If I was not on the ball every second on the freeway and the main streets it would be ugly. To many luxuriance's in the cars and folks are always late to get absolutely nowhere. As the pressures we put upon ourselves increase these things will only get worse. To confront these idiots (as I have so many times) just confuses me more as they truly do not understand and think I am in the wrong for getting up-set about them trying to kill me so they could get into a gas station for an energy drink. If you read any of my posts and sense a cynical frame of mind you are correct. You can not fix stupid.

ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    I didn't read all 5 pages so my apologies if this was previously posted.

I think everyone's license plate should be electronically tied to their phone number so that everyone can tell you what kind of idiot driver you are...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No.2 Don’t jump the line
    As much as we despise offenders of our previous unwritten rules of the road, there’s no excuse for jumping the line either. When approaching toll booths, merging into traffic or for lane closures, don’t be a self-important douche. Seriously, if you save any time at all, it’s usually negligible. So, signal your lane change, don’t cut off, and show thanks when you’re let in. While you’re at it, give big trucks a flash of the lights when they’re trying to get in ahead of you to let them know they have enough space.

About 80% of the traffic jams I've had in the last 10 years are because of this. Illinois drivers are the worst offenders, followed quickly by any liscense plate touting their college almamater.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Urggggggh! Do people get taught how to merge onto a freeway anymore?

I drive for a living and day in, day out I see these imbeciles who think that 1: they have the right of way when merging, 2: have to immediately go from the far right lane to the far left without checking mirrors or using signals, or 3: don't bother to try to get to highway speed before trying to join the lane. Complete jackasses!!!! :xmad:?

I don't know who I hate more, those above or those that cut across the solid white line, before the merge point, only to prevent everyone else from merging properly.........Dumba**es

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Urggggggh! Do people get taught how to merge onto a freeway anymore?
    -Snip-

I hate merging and being stuck behind some imbecile who doesn't accelerate up to MATCH the speed of the oncoming traffic they're going to be merging with.

Instead they attempt to blend in with traffic that's going 10-20 mph faster, and I"M STUCK behind them!!

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    I remember a comedian (Gallagher I think) that had a great idea concerning bad drivers. We are all issued Dart guns with "Stupid" flags that will penetrate a car's sheet metal.

Once a person receives 5 "Stupid" flags their licence is suspended. As long as the number of flags issued is limited, say 5 every 5 years or something, then people will be careful about when they use them. Theoretically, only the worst drivers will end up with 5 flags.

Also, I believe license plate numbers should be the cell phone number of the driver, so we can call them to let them know what we think of their driving.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I hate merging and being stuck behind some imbecile who doesn't accelerate up to MATCH the speed of the oncoming traffic they're going to be merging with.

Instead they attempt to blend in with traffic that's going 10-20 mph faster, and I"M STUCK behind them!!

I'm with you on this one. I cannot stand those idiots that can't wait until you pass, since there's no one else behind you and can't manage to figure out that magic number they call the speed limit.

Hanen42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Ossian
    In the Army I drive frequently on the streets in a Oshkosh M1120A4 HEMTT LHS. Despite that big ole twin turbo Cat C15, it doesn't like traveling faster than 60mph. Even on the highway and interstate. I wish people had to drive big vehicles before they drove a car. That way they understood the mechanics of actually driving. If I merged over without knowing what is in the lane next to me, it could be very ugly for that other vehicle.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    We put just over 40,000 miles a year on our F350 while pulling various trailers, with the longest being a 46' gooseneck.

Across the country the drivers truly are getting worse, with getting up to speed and merging correctly being at the top of the list. Fortunately most states that have different speed limits for anyone pulling a trailer are slowing changing that. Requiring vehicles on the same road to go different speeds is ignorant at best.

Top Bottom