• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No doubt the same one that gave my daughter a bogus "following to close ticket".

It is his standard fishing BS MO.

Well how close would you estimate she was following the car in front of her? Have you or she been pulled over by this officer for the same thing in the past?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Personally, if I am asked:
    "Do you have any illegal drugs or weapons in the car?"

..to cover my butt, and make sure my answer can't be taken out of context, I will answer:

"Officer, there is nothing illegal in my car"

THEN, if the LEO specifically asks about ANY weapons, I will answer honestly.

I just don't want the question to be misinterpreted as meaning:
    Do you have any illegal drugs or any weapons in the car.
    When I hear it as:
    Do you have any illegal drugs or illegal weapons in the car.
    ..as previously mentioned.

why answer with anything to anything? you have the right to not answer anything at all. hand him your info and keep your mouth closed and all is good. :yesway:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Unless the officer is going to be doing something "official" (like taking me into custody) with me or my vehicle, I will not disclose my carry status.

On the troopers conduct, I would write an official complaint and mail it signature required with a return receipt to the Indiana State Police and Governor's office. In the complaint, state that you would like this complaint to be placed in the troopers "Official" file and a written response be sent to you from the ISP's "Internal Investigations".

This procedure is as official as you can get and makes it so that the trooper in question probably won't do something like this again and gives his bosses the info that they need to discipline or if need be , fire him.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Well how close would you estimate she was following the car in front of her? Have you or she been pulled over by this officer for the same thing in the past?

She told me traffic slowed in front of her she was 4 car lengths at the closest point and she was in the right lane doing under the speed limit.

Tinted windows in a Eclipse = him doing his fishing operation.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    She told me traffic slowed in front of her she was 4 car lengths at the closest point and she was in the right lane doing under the speed limit.

Tinted windows in a Eclipse = him doing his fishing operation.

But you weren't there. And you haven't had any other experiences with this officer. And you don't know that the officer that pulled your daughter over has ever done anything similar in the past. And you don't even know that the officer in this story is the same one that pulled your daughter over. That's all I was asking, thanks for responding.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    But you weren't there. And you haven't had any other experiences with this officer. And you don't know that the officer that pulled your daughter over has ever done anything similar in the past. And you don't even know that the officer in this story is the same one that pulled your daughter over. That's all I was asking, thanks for responding.

Yes I do know the officer that stopped my daughter has used the "following to close" scam before. I have read it on other forums with posters posting his name.
    Yes I am not sure it is the same ISP officer but the MO and location is nearabout the same.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

BTW I also saw a Brookston police car doing about 80 on I65 north the other day too. Their usual MO too.;)

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I'm sorry if this post is out of place, but can anyone tell us if it is legal to audio or video tape a l.e.o without telling him? Also, must you tell him about your concealed weapon? I would not volunteer any info. aAbout my gun unless he was going to search me or my vehicle.

Yes, it is legal. I carry a mini-dvr camera on my key ring. It is a key fob. It looks exactly like my other key fob. It records both video and audio. Nothing speaks like video.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    So I guess next time you will keep your mouth shut like the rest of us and be on your way in 5min. or less without any drama...

Keep your mouth shut and be on your way, remember anything you say can and will be used against you...

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    One of the recent times I've taken a lawful weapon from a guy was when he brake-checked me because he felt I was "following" him around. Then he proceeded to throw a fit in the middle of the street and being extremely belligerent and then tells me "I've got a gun, too! You want that??" Why yes, yes I do. Thanks.

Wow! Brake-checking is dumb, but brake-checking a cop is more dumber.

This would appear to be a instance where jack-booted-thuggery was proper, prudent, and authorized. :):

You handled it with much more delicacy than I would have. That's probably why I ain't a cop.

I salute your restraint, good sir! ;)

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    One of the recent times I've taken a lawful weapon from a guy was when he brake-checked me because he felt I was "following" him around. Then he proceeded to throw a fit in the middle of the street and being extremely belligerent and then tells me "I've got a gun, too! You want that??" Why yes, yes I do. Thanks.

Congratulations, You're one of the bad ones. :noway:

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    Its a lot less bashing than what the cops do to us on their forums or in real life.

cupofcare.jpg

Top Bottom