MY EDC Gear, with pics! What is your EDC gear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Something in between this:

ccw001.jpg

And this:

ccw003.jpg

Very nice digital camo grips on that Sig.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011

The gun changes with what Im feeling that day but latley its been the Kimber.

I know .45ACP is expensive but do you not carry and bullets with it?;) Even the HK guys will carry one, albeit backwards.

The knives posted actually has me pretty interested in terms of having non-lethal/less lethal alternative, or should I manage to run out of bullets or have a major malfunction and not have a BUG on me. I currently carry a Leatherman folder that is very much a tool knife not a fighting knife.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Very nice digital camo grips on that Sig.

Thanks those are the Hogue Extreme G-10 grips. Those are the black/grey color scheme.

They came on the pistol when I bought it, and I think Im gonna switch them for the green/black ones. You know Kawasaki colors lol ;)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know .45ACP is expensive but do you not carry and bullets with it?;) Even the HK guys will carry one, albeit backwards.

The knives posted actually has me pretty interested in terms of having non-lethal/less lethal alternative, or should I manage to run out of bullets or have a major malfunction and not have a BUG on me. I currently carry a Leatherman folder that is very much a tool knife not a fighting knife.

LOL, I assure you when its on my person it is loaded. I just happen to have my Sig on me at the time I took the pics.

Ive been carring a knife as long as I could walk. Ive loved knives and guns my whole life, and Ive spent ALOT of money on both. The CRKT that I carry is imho one of the finest EDC folding knives on the market. but it is a fighter first and last. It is not made for "work". I somtimes carry a leatherman for work and its been great when I needed it.

A good knife can save your life, and not just in a fight. I would definately recomend getting a good EDC knife. Some prefer fixed blades, I prefer a folder just bc of my job. Spend some time in the "cutting edge" section of INGO and ask some people who know best what they use then spend some time and find what works best for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Trade that Leatherman in on a Gerber. It opens quickly and can be used as a weapon. Gerber rules.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Trade that Leatherman in on a Gerber. It opens quickly and can be used as a weapon. Gerber rules.
    I don't trust Gerbers anymore, I had one that was supposed to be a locking blade, it slid out and pinned my thumb in the serrations.

Here's the EDC as it stands right now...
    IMG_7146.jpg

The Glock tool and CPR mask are representative of the whole keychain

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't trust Gerbers anymore, I had one that was supposed to be a locking blade, it slid out and pinned my thumb in the serrations.

Here's the EDC as it stands right now...
    IMG_7146.jpg

The Glock tool and CPR mask are representative of the whole keychain

I have a few different Gerber multi-tools. I prefer them over the leathermen. I have broken a few of the leathermen but the Gerber's really take abuse. I used to carry Gerber knives but not any more.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    For a normal day:

G19 IWB in Raven Phantom, small notebook with titanium money clip, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Cavalier Pen, Kershaw Scallion, spare battery for HTC Incredible (which took the picture)
    picture.php

Also, Palm Defender OC in jacket pocket in winter, pants pocket in summer
    picture.php

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I trade out the Spyderco for a ZT 0300 and the LCP in pocket for a .357 on the belt sometimes but, since these are the newest ones they are currently getting the most carry time.

P1010287.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I see a lot of Serpa holsters, not just in this thread, but in pictures on this site a lot. I had one, and I wore it all the time before I got something else, but I have NEVER seen someone who was not an on duty police officer wearing one out and about.
    I am not saying that these people don't wear them out, just that I find it odd that it seems like a lot of people own them and carry in them and I don't see them much... come to think of it, I live in Bloomington and don't see people carrying much at all. :/

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i see people posting pictures with 2 guns, 3 flashlights, 6 clips, 4 knifes and more kydex than i have ever seen. i understand the whole "be prepared thing", but when is enough enough? 3 clips for a firearm with a 14+1 capability is just overkill. seems like no one has faith in just one piece of equipment.

Top Bottom