MY EDC Gear, with pics! What is your EDC gear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    i see people posting pictures with 2 guns, 3 flashlights, 6 clips, 4 knifes and more kydex than i have ever seen. i understand the whole "be prepared thing", but when is enough enough? 3 clips for a firearm with a 14+1 capability is just overkill. seems like no one has faith in just one piece of equipment.
    Better to have it an not need it, than need it and not have it. If you've ever gotten a flat tire and installed a spare to get you to your destination and then the tire shop, you'll likely understand this. There is also the concept that at some point all mechanical devices fail at somepoint, having a solution to that may save your life if it happens at the wrong moment. Then consider should you reach the point of needing to use lethal force there is a chance that you may be involved in physical confrontation first, if this results in a ground battle or injury to you having other weapons aside from your primary firearm (BUG, knife, OC, etc.) may make the difference of being able to separate the bad guy from you and make accessing that primary firearm an option in the first place; or having a weapon at all, if concealment needs make it so that you can only access your primary firearm with the support hand. If you are capable with it, see a potential need or logical use for it, and can comfortably carry it, and should you CC, it meets your desired level of concealment, then by all means I think the more options one has the better; and the increased odds of them winning the fight. If you're in that fight you don't want it to be fair you want to have every advantage. Between increased drug use and addiction to chemicals that numb or remove altogether the sensation of pain, flash mobs and frequently armed criminals; not only is there a need to carry, but there are times where there is comfort in knowing you have the tools available to handle situations that might overwhelm you if you had a 6 shot revolver and no reloads.

lrahm post it up:popcorn:

New Safariland holster that was back ordered should be here in about 12 hours:rockwoot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Okay, I'm not understanding the knife thing. Pocket knife I can see, but some of these knifes look excessive. Are you guys planing on field dressing a would attacker after you shoot him?
    Answer this question: You've just pinned a guy's hand against your side while desperately trying to retain your pistol that he is attempting to remove. Wouldn't it be nice to have something, say a really nasty knife, to sink into his wrist/forearm/side/neck to end the fight before he wins and kills you?;)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    i see people posting pictures with 2 guns, 3 flashlights, 6 clips, 4 knifes and more kydex than i have ever seen. i understand the whole "be prepared thing", but when is enough enough? 3 clips for a firearm with a 14+1 capability is just overkill. seems like no one has faith in just one piece of equipment.
    I don't see what you are talking about. Can you please quote an example?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Any one piece of equipment can fail.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ

I didn't see a single clip in any of the pictures. Only magazines. :stickpoke:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Not going to criticize, this is a reasonable question. What a person is comfortable carrying is completely subjective. For example I don't EDC a gun or fighting knife because of work. (Hence why I didn't post pictures.) I am not at all uncomfortable without my gun. But I am still more prepared then most. I have started EDC a small 24 hour kit, surefire light, and a utility knife.

I never carry a folder specifically for sticking people. I do agree with the idea and purpose for doing this, but since I am not trained in knife fighting I don't carry one. I consider a knife to be a weapons retention aid. Personally I would never recommend getting in a knife fight if either a firearm or running away is an option. Besides that a knife is a weapon so no go at work. I do carry two utility knives.

I do EDC a good flashlight. Keep it in my weak side pocket. While not a knife I could hit somebody in the head with it. I carry a surefire E2DL if wearing my work pants. It is not my first choice in lights but it is bought and paid for. I don't pay for the pants so if it eats up the pockets no big deal. Also the tail cap is well protected which works good for work when I use it for ...... get this ..... a light.

Around the house or running errands I simply pocket carry a smith and Wesson 642 revolver. If I decide to carry IWB on my strong side I drop a speed loader in my strong side pocket. I love snubs as pocket guns/ backup guns. They are reliable and make nice social guns.

If I carry a real gun it is a glock 23 in a comp-tac IWB holster. I have started carrying a spare mag on my weak side. ( If I am out fishing I will just use a fobus paddle.) The reason for the spare mag is not neccesarily because I expect an extended gun fight. It is because if the glock malfunctions the easiest fix is 1) an immediate action drill and the 2) reload the gun. Hard to do that without a spare mag. If I am carrying my glock the mission has changed. My goal has changed from protecting myself to protecting my family or area. This dictates the use of a service pistol and spare mag.

FYI my flashlight of choice is a surefire LX2 lumamax. There are a couple threads about this light on the board right now.

atazmann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    jeffersonville
    simple but effective
    20120315_100958.jpg

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Here is my EDC. There are two of them. I usually CCW them in my front pockets at 3:00 and 9:00.

I work in Illinois so it's the only choice I have. But I am rather quick on the draw and they are almost always with me. I have never had a bad LEO encounter even though I have had them in plain sight on each and every stop I have been envolved with. I have been told to take them out of my pockets and leave them on the steering wheel but I have never had them taken from me and run through the computer. Although I have scanned my butt on the copier at work one time.

I have trained with them and I have even poked MYSELF in the eye with them occasionally. I have taken them to gun shows, court buildings and police stations without so much as a second look. I have also carried them on commercial airliners.

I have used them to work on cars, construction, even sex. Once when I was a kid (yes, my parents allowed me to have them) I even smashed one in the utility room door. A few days later I lost the nail on the middle one (that's my traffic finger).

On the left one you may notice a scar below the finger nail to the left. That is because I cut that whole end of my thumb off with a skill saw.

These are intended for close-quarters combat and they have never been, and never will be, taken from me by some five year old little girl. Although my daughter has bent one of the fingers back until [STRIKE]I cried[/STRIKE] my eyes began to water.

So without further adieu - here they are

IMG_0336-1.jpg

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Here is my EDC. There are two of them. I usually CCW them in my front pockets at 3:00 and 9:00.

I work in Illinois so it's the only choice I have. But I am rather quick on the draw and they are almost always with me. I have never had a bad LEO encounter even though I have had them in plain sight on each and every stop I have been envolved with. I have been told to take them out of my pockets and leave them on the steering wheel but I have never had them taken from me and run through the computer. Although I have scanned my butt on the copier at work one time.

I have trained with them and I have even poked MYSELF in the eye with them occasionally. I have taken them to gun shows, court buildings and police stations without so much as a second look. I have also carried them on commercial airliners.

I have used them to work on cars, construction, even sex. Once when I was a kid (yes, my parents allowed me to have them) I even smashed one in the utility room door. A few days later I lost the nail on the middle one (that's my traffic finger).

On the left one you may notice a scar below the finger nail to the left. That is because I cut that whole end of my thumb off with a skill saw.

These are intended for close-quarters combat and they have never been, and never will be, taken from me by some five year old little girl. Although my daughter has bent one of the fingers back until [STRIKE]I cried[/STRIKE] my eyes began to water.

So without further adieu - here they are

IMG_0336-1.jpg

Hilarious sir.

Top Bottom