• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This ignorant administrative crap happened when I was in school. Some things never change. Although I applaud you're actions, the machine will never cease. At least not in the public school market. The only solution is too send your daughter to a smaller private school. Sure it costs more, but definitely worthwhile. I am not a big fan of "homeschooling" except in certain conditions. Many parents think they can keep up with teaching on top off everything else in their daily lives. Often times the child falls behind.

Anyway.....a big:+1:for your relentless efforts. Many people are too lazy to stand up for what's right. It's just easier for them to grab their ankles. Keep up the fight!!!:patriot:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Well, I had my meeting with Senator Sipes and Representative Stemler yesterday, and it was a very good meeting to say the least. Both of them are 100 percent behind Rachael.

I addressed the School Board tonight, and I guess what I had to say was heard. I know that the entire audience applauded when I was finished. So, we'll see what happens next. I have also been requested by Senator Sipes and Representative Stemler to contact them for anything else they can help me with.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement for Rachael, she really needs them all. It was difficult to get her to go to the meeting tonight, but she eventually did go.

Well, thanks, and when I find out something, I will update.

WAY TO GO RACHAEL!!!

INGunGuy

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    As one of the young member of INGO, I know the pressures of school as it wasn't that long ago when I was there.

I can tell you that you and your wife have done a fine job of raising Rachael.

I would rep her if she was on here but I will rep you instead.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Some school officials are simply more concerned with their jobs, than the children they are responsible for. Sorry to hear this story. Kudos to your daughter for saying no. Shame on the principal and others for not rewarding her for her honesty and integrity in the issue.

My question is, why don't concerned parents apply for the school board or superintendent jobs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Basically I received a registered letter from the school district lawyer telling us the next time they want to hear from me is if I bring a lawyer...

INGunGuy

So... Hum... this means... hum... :dunno::dunno:

1) Your daughter still had to serve out her suspension? She was not kicked out of school right?

2) That your state reps and senator indeed were of no help?

3) That you are now taking this matter to court via an atty?

:popcorn:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Some school officials are simply more concerned with their jobs, than the children they are responsible for. Sorry to hear this story. Kudos to your daughter for saying no. Shame on the principal and others for not rewarding her for her honesty and integrity in the issue.

My question is, why don't concerned parents apply for the school board or superintendent jobs.

The school board backs up my daughter. As for the superintendent, well lets just say that was a freaking scam to say the least. They hired the superintendent from the Jefferson County Kentucky school district but he wouldn't come for the standard pay so they asked people to donate money to cover the difference from what the school district would pay to what he wanted. So joe-citizen came up with an additional 40K I think to pad his salary so he would come to the Greater Clark County school district. Basically IHMO the guy is an asshat...

INGunGuy

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    So... Hum... this means... hum... :dunno::dunno:

1) Your daughter still had to serve out her suspension? She was not kicked out of school right?

2) That your state reps and senator indeed were of no help?

3) That you are now taking this matter to court via an atty?

:popcorn:

The school district policy is to punish the student before any kind of hearing. Oh wait a minute, they dont have a formal hearing process, so yes she served her suspension.

The state reps and senator were also behind my daughter, but talking to the school district officials was like talking to a brick wall. As for taking this to court, unfortunately I really dont have the extra money to hire a lawyer and no lawyer would take this pro-bono.

So right now I am trying to figure out my next move.

INGunGUy

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    So as it stands right now it's still on her school record & she is back in school now?

Yes my daughter is back in school, she served her suspension, yes from what I understand the infraction is still on her record. My daughter went ahead and did all the work that she missed and made up all the tests she missed. BUT, she still has this crap on her record. When I was in the Navy and went for my security clearance, whoever did the background check contacted my GRADE SCHOOL principal for information on me along with the people that were my neighbors when I grew up so that has me concerned if she ever needs to get a security clearance, and there is a "possession of drugs on school property" on her scholastic record.

I dont get beat easy, but the school has beat the hell out of me about this, and I dont know where to turn next.

INGunGuy

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Well Im not a lawyer however if I was and being a fellow INGO member I would do it just out of principal in my free time.

Do we have any lawyers on here to help a fella out?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yes my daughter is back in school, she served her suspension, yes from what I understand the infraction is still on her record. My daughter went ahead and did all the work that she missed and made up all the tests she missed. BUT, she still has this crap on her record. When I was in the Navy and went for my security clearance, whoever did the background check contacted my GRADE SCHOOL principal for information on me along with the people that were my neighbors when I grew up so that has me concerned if she ever needs to get a security clearance, and there is a "possession of drugs on school property" on her scholastic record.

I dont get beat easy, but the school has beat the hell out of me about this, and I dont know where to turn next.

INGunGuy

There's got to be some group somewhere that could help you out, right? I mean, there are groups for everything! Perhaps try talking with your representatives again, but this time take the stance of, "Look, since you haven't been able to help me out, can you point me in the direction of somebody or some group who can?"

I just hate the idea of being forced to give up and live with it. Could try going back to the media again, too. I dunno. I'm just trying to brainstorm.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When I was in the Navy and went for my security clearance, whoever did the background check contacted my GRADE SCHOOL principal for information on me along with the people that were my neighbors when I grew up so that has me concerned if she ever needs to get a security clearance, and there is a "possession of drugs on school property" on her scholastic record.

She will be given a chance to give a written statement and/or talk to an investigator when her clearance is being done to tell her side of the story. However it would be best if she did not have it on her record to begin with.

Agree with MK2ja there has to be a group somewhere that can take up the case.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Sad case all around, not sure how she could be in possession if it's not on her person at the time of the incident. That's "all here say". I would have a lawyer draft a letter "official letter of complaint" stating you want that mark expunged from your daughters record, or you will continue contacting media services, and that if this matter is not resolved in X amount of time, legal action will ensue.

That letter will cost $50-150 depending on the law firm.

May seem a bit harsh but in the end it has you legally holding all the cards.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Basically I received a registered letter from the school district lawyer telling us the next time they want to hear from me is if I bring a lawyer...

INGunGuy
    So, you can not communicate with the people that you pay through your taxes or you elect? I think I would be sending a registered letter telling the district lawyer to....

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Save your money and don't worry about it. In nearly 9 years as a middle school administrators, I've only had one request for discipline records, and it was for a court case. We gave them nothing because we destroy discipline records after 7 years.

We've got former students who are in the CIA, FBI, and military in every area. Never have we received a request for middle school or elementary discipline records or even grade transcripts. Never. Not by anyone or any employer.

If they did ask, they'd have to meet with me and explain what the hell their rationale would be for that, and I still wouldn't give it to them. Kids are going through puberty at that age and many do dumb things, including me and probably the person asking for the records. They'd have to get a subpoena to get them and I would still fight it. After 7years, they'd be SOL anyway.

Btw, colleges and universities don't ask for middle school records, either.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Skinr is correct on this one. Gov. security cleareance only look at records from age 16+ of the Subject. In terms of school records they only look at the high school records, talk to the teachers (at the HS) and any possible contacts at the HS. Middle/Elementray school are not looked at.

In very rare cases, if the Subject has a criminal record (pre age 16) for "big ticket items" (robbery, armerd robbery, grand theft, etc..) then does the gov pull whatever they can that is "public" (without a subpoena) on the issue. If a pattern shows up of continuing issues then chances are good the clearance will be denied.

If it's a 1 time event the majroity of the time it's not an issue. The adjudicators looks at eventS vs time. If you did one stupid thing (underage drinking, smoking weed, etc..) in your youth, took your punishment and stayed on the RIGHT side after that they will grant you a clearance vs the youth that got into trouble again and again and again. That shows a pattern of "not learning" and not being thrustworthy.

Top Bottom