• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    There are a few things about this that really **** me off. I would not have complied with their request for counseling or even go so far as t get a latter from a pastor. I would have found a new place for her to go or done the home schooling you continue to hint at.

I would also have made signs, fliers, whatever, with the full story and made sure every household in the district got them.

Skinnr, This kind of BS is exactly why my kids have known from day one, MY rules trump school rules on EVERY OCCASION. My kids take no sh!t from bullies and receive no punishment if they followed my rules. I have had to tell principals this several times and they always say I can't teach them this kind of stuff, well, I can and do. We fought and fought to get our son this far through school and some p!ss3d off public servant is not going to stand in his way. and personally, having knowledge firsthand of most schools in the central Indiana area, I seriously doubt your school is much different than any other....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The CURRENT government background investigations for a security
    clearance are done by OPM or it's contractors. All agencies (some
    exceptions for FBI, CIA, smaller hush hush agencies that do their
    own but follow the OPM guidelines) DOD MUST use OPM BTW.

Here is a nutshell of how it works for TOP SECRET. (SECRET has lower requirements so not everything on this list gets done). You (the SUBJECT) fill out paperwork documenting the last 10 years of your life.

* Where you have lives (all addresses),
    * where you worked (even for 1 day),
    * all the schools you attended, all your family members that have been nationalized,
    * all your family members that live outside the US that you keep in contact,
    * all friends/associates that are no US-citizens,
    * all the places you have visit outside the US for any purpose
    (even 1 day to Mexico)
    * Any run ins with the law (be it you were given a ticket, arrested, warning, etc..) PUT IT ALL DOWN even the warnings!
    * Any times you may have gone to court (civil or criminal)
    * All your marriages (ALL OF THEM not just past 10 years)
    * All your children (ALL of them as in even the ones your Ms. may not know of)
    * 3 people who know you very well
    * Any type of medical treatment you had (drug abuse, alcohol, mental health)

For each of the items you list you also need to list someone that can collaborate that info. (ie. Your roommate when you lived in the dorms, etc..) it should be a different person for each item if possible.

So once you put the paperwork you also sign 2 to 3 consent forms; general consent to allow gov to view your records, financial consent for the credit report and any other $$$ records, medical consent due to HIPPA.

Next your paperworks gets to OPM. They run a credit check, send your fingerprints to the FBI and then breka up the rest of the case to the varies field offices.

Any place you have been in the past 10 years (lived, school, worked) a segment is opened in which they want the following.
    - check local LEO for any records (you might have missed one)
    - check local court for any records
    - check records of the school, work, place you live to see if you did school,work,live there
    - Talk to former school/employee/neighboor about you. What were you like, any issues they may know of, where the po-po ever called, etc... (what was your character like)
    - Find at least one person NOT on the paperwork that can verify you were at school,work,lived there and ask them character questions.

All former spouses get talked to no matter how long ago.

Now for some reason (i think it was a court case but never found out) the feds. STOP at age 16. Unless the agency wanting the clearance does a special request for PRE-16 records and it does thru a legal type of system to request it.

Top Bottom