techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    UPDATE 07/10/09

Due to being overwhelmed with Appleseed and INGO Moderating, I have neglected the MSG activities. Thankfully, longbow has stepped forward to take over and start making things happen again. My thanks to him and I look forward to seeing more picnics, shoots, and training sessions. Thanks to everyone!

And most thanks to longbow!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Looking for topics - ladies and gentleman - what skills can you share and what skills do you need.

PM if you want.....

I think EVERYONE could use some first aid training. never hurts.
    How about perhaps some training on trapping animals?
    Building primative shelters out of things found in wood rather than brought in.

Let me think on it a bit and i will get back to you with more ideas. :)

Greg

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    My weak area in a SHTF situation would be electricity. Anyone who understands how to set up solar charging with inverters and stuff would be interesting to me. I bring to the table a fair amount of knowledge about food preservation (dehydrating, canning) as well as being a "jack of all trades". I just never was into electricity. :patriot:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    One thing that use to work. One weekend, turn off the main on your breaker box and see how you do. Turn it off Friday evening and not turn it on again until Sunday evening. See how it really is if you lose electric for a weekend.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I wouldnt mind getting involved in this but my time may be limited to requirements i must fulfill to Uncle Sam. I'm Jackson County, Area 3 but close to Area 4 as well.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    One thing that use to work. One weekend, turn off the main on your breaker box and see how you do. Turn it off Friday evening and not turn it on again until Sunday evening. See how it really is if you lose electric for a weekend.

I remember we lost power down here for a week due to the floods last year. All i did is sit on the porch smoke cigarettes and drink moonshine with my 1911 close. Should have been born 200 years ago.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    would like to get something started up in Hamilton county

Still looking to see if anyone is interested up in Hamilton county on getting together to have a starting point. Let me know if your interested.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Looking for topics - ladies and gentleman - what skills can you share and what skills do you need.

PM if you want.....

I would like to get some map and compass work done. I know we live in timelessness of GPS but if SHTF then I think the satellites will be offline to consumer use. Map and compass is really the way to go.

I had heard that down by Morgan Monroe there is a Map and Compass practice course. Anyone know about this?

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    The electricity issue is why I do more dehydrating and canning than freezing. I have a generator on my RV, that will work in an emergency, but that wont be a good long term fix. The wind generator sounds cool, but I'm not any good with electricity. :patriot:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    MSG 3 and others nearby, is it time for a BBQ and function check for your weapons? I have some ideas, and need your feedback...Summer is going fast and school starts in about a month.

Nothing formal, just food, conversation and some 100 yard shooting. The site is just west of bloomington and its very easy to find.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Still looking to see if anyone is interested up in Hamilton county on getting together to have a starting point. Let me know if your interested.

I live in Deleware but am in Hamilton county every sunday. let me know if you want to meet up sometime.

-PFC

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I will, I have a meetup page on preparedness and msg's. I'm looking to have 10 people interested, then I was going to schedule an initial meeting. Hopefully, I'll have something set up soon. I'm shooting for sometime in the next month or so and then some regular meetings.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I will, I have a meetup page on preparedness and msg's. I'm looking to have 10 people interested, then I was going to schedule an initial meeting. Hopefully, I'll have something set up soon. I'm shooting for sometime in the next month or so and then some regular meetings.

I'm in Madison county, but Hamilton isn't too far of a drive, and I'd be more than willing to come down for something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom