• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    there is no 1 organizer, PM some people in your zone and think something up, BOB camping, first aid, etc. you make what you want out of this.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    there is no 1 organizer, PM some people in your zone and think something up, BOB camping, first aid, etc. you make what you want out of this.

Exactly! You want to do something, set a date, start a thread and see if more than 3 people are interested. Or, if it is a dinner meet & greet, just set a date and go for it (people show for a dinner easily).

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

OH. I got the impression these things were sort of already up and running. Someone help me understand. Is there just not one started in areas two? Are there several per area not just one central group per area? Is there not 1 organizer because thats not the way these things work or because there just isn't somebody organizing yet?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    OH. I got the impression these things were sort of already up and running. Someone help me understand. Is there just not one started in areas two? Are there several per area not just one central group per area? Is there not 1 organizer because thats not the way these things work or because there just isn't somebody organizing yet?

When we first started this up I made a map and left open who would be the "go to guy/gal" for an area. Some people stepped up a bit, other areas - not as much.

In area 3C I am the lead, but in no sense am I in charge. Tyler setup a dinner the last time without consulting with me and that was great, a few events have been very organized - others were a spurr of the moment kind of thing.

Best thing to do is to setup a dinner meet. See what your turnout is and what people are actually interested in doing. If you want to be lead for an area, LET ME KNOW and I will put your name at the top of the list for people to PM you. It means nothing more than you are the gung-ho, go to, get 'er done guy to make stuff happen.

I am not announcing a next thing for 3C right now because I am behind with family and Appleseed obligations and am playing catch-up at work as well. A dinner makes sense, or picnic, or whatever.

Now, there were also planning meetings that we were having for 3C at night to see what kind of political action we might be able to get going (letter writing mostly) and that was done on a more subdued basis and has not happened in a while and that needs to happen soon (and that is what bwframe was referring to I am guessing).

I had the idea and posted it, created a map to facilitate groups that were small enough to make work, and all else is up to those living in those areas. Frankly, Area 1 seems to be doing stuff. And area 2 is about to have a huge meet & greet lunch as well as a WWII shoot if I remember right. And in the fall, the NFA day shoot will happen again. Each of these is an MSG opportunity and only depends on people on the MSG list making sure to meet each other and network, etc.

And now... back to work...

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    new events...sounds fun

slinging brass again at my place sounds fun.....did anyone pick up the brass at the class three fun at my place? I have to cut the grass and was going to look for it prior to doing that.

If any of you picked it up-great!

If not, I'll look in the taller grass!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    new events...sounds fun

slinging brass again at my place sounds fun.....did anyone pick up the brass at the class three fun at my place? I have to cut the grass and was going to look for it prior to doing that.

If any of you picked it up-great!

If not, I'll look in the taller grass!

We thought to pickup the water balloon remnants and go over brass at the top of the hill, but completely spaced the stuff in the grass. Simply did not think of it. My apologies.

Bear Poop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    I just started reading this thread. Great idea. I live in Bartholomew Co in the country. Anyone in my area setting anything up yet? I figure it easier to ask than read 29+ pages of posts

alwood317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Zone 2 I think, I live in Cicero, is anybody in charge of this area or have any thoughts. I'm interested.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just started reading this thread. Great idea. I live in Bartholomew Co in the country. Anyone in my area setting anything up yet? I figure it easier to ask than read 29+ pages of posts

Nothing near Columbus, but Bloomington has quarterly stuff and there is the occational thing in Brown county.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Area 1 here too. I always like to learn new and useful stuff. Plus the possibility of a MAG sounds nice it is too bad we are spread so thin up here.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sounds like fun. FYI, the Mormon Church does these types of things all the time. Classes on canning, food storage, emergency preparedness, etc. They have been doing it for a hundred years. Might check with your local Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints congregation.

NO doubt! My family is now very close with a Mormon family around the corner. Our values are surprisingly in line, our preps close except they have fewer guns and WAY MORE food, and they get living in but outside the current culture. Very happy to have them as friends.

And they are teaching us alot...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well darn, if only those Mormon Missionaries knockin on my door had started talking to me about food storage and preps, they'd have gotten my ear for sure! Guess ya just gotta know what type of honey you need to catch a fly!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom