Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well darn, if only those Mormon Missionaries knockin on my door had started talking to me about food storage and preps, they'd have gotten my ear for sure! Guess ya just gotta know what type of honey you need to catch a fly!

One of their requirements of faith is to have one year stock of food supplies for each member of the family. They have special warehouses for bulk food and supplies that you can only access if a Mormon takes you there. They are hard, hard core.

Oh, yeah!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    One of their requirements of faith is to have one year stock of food supplies for each member of the family. They have special warehouses for bulk food and supplies that you can only access if a Mormon takes you there. They are hard, hard core.

Oh, yeah!

Am I to understand that if you are taken there by a morman, then those of us NOT of the morman faith are able to purchase the supplies and use the facilities as if we were? I know I for one would be VERY interested in this. I was talking to my mom the other day and she was telling me about a cousin that married into the morman faith. I wonder if she would make a trip out from Utah to help me with my preps ;)

Greg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

And for history and heritage! And for community building too.

How many in MSG Areas 2 & 3 will be at Riley come the end of the month? How much MSG vital talk could happen around the campfire that Saturday night after the day's training is over? It will be an Appleseed weekend, but the first step of the MSG is actually getting together and building groups which could easily begin at an Appleseed as a great bonus to an already great program.

Perfect time, perfect example, and a whole lotta fun!

(and the Shoot Bosses are gonna be INGO members as well!)

See you all there!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    We are great people. Family oriented. Good citizens. Encouraged to serve the lord, serve our county and our fellow man. Don't ask anybody for much other than to worship as we please, as we allow others to do for themselves. Mormons have been persecuted for years and very strongly believe in self reliance. Very few Mormons live on government programs. Most have food storage for 1 year to 18 months, gardens, emergency call list, canning equipment, medical supplies, etc. The Bishop storehouses hand out food to ANYONE who needs it but you do have to go through a local congregational pastor.

Recently the Church made available millions in funds for any local agency to buy any needed equipment for disaster preparedness. Last year in the Indiana floods, there were millions of pounds of food and water trucked in from around the country. Thousands of volunteers helped those in need regardless of faith.

Through the mid seventies there was enough food storage to feed every person in the United States for several months. That is not possible today due to the increase in the population.

Not proselytizing the faith, but the real life practical self reliant training and know how is available to anyone for free. Even short wave radio operators are common.

I think a preparedness fair is being organized for this fall at the Putnam County Fairgrounds. If anyone is interested I'll keep you in the loop.

We are all very much interested and would love every opportunity that you know of, especially the fair mentioned.

As for faith, I am always impressed by anyone who acts from their faith to help others and their community. I am doubly impressed when they can do it without strings attached. And as such, thank you for whatever you can bring to the rest of us. Helping others to prepare is the Lords work wether you call it a "good deed", "mitzvah", "commandment" or "witness". I could really care less about the language.

So thank you and thank yours.

Now there's work to be done!

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    And for history and heritage! And for community building too.

How many in MSG Areas 2 & 3 will be at Riley come the end of the month? How much MSG vital talk could happen around the campfire that Saturday night after the day's training is over? It will be an Appleseed weekend, but the first step of the MSG is actually getting together and building groups which could easily begin at an Appleseed as a great bonus to an already great program.

Perfect time, perfect example, and a whole lotta fun!

(and the Shoot Bosses are gonna be INGO members as well!)

See you all there!

I could be up for that. Just gotta make sure I don't have anything going on. And depending on if I have my dep tags filled by then.

Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    This is a great idea. I am already involved with such a group further out, but would love to get together with like minded folks closer to my AO. If anyone from N. side of Indy Hamilton Cty can make contact with me, I would appreciate it greatly. Otherewise, I will be monitoring this thread for intel. Thanks.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm on the SW side of Marion County, couple miles from Southwestway Park. While I'm technically 2C, would it be better to aim for the 3C group and head away from the big city if TSHTF?

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Zone #2/Hamilton County/Cicero Is there interest

Not sure if anyone is doing anything in this area. I'll put together something if there is an interest. I'm sure I can find a gathering place. I was thinking maybe get together, introduce ourselves. Start with Bob's, some local resources and maybe a few tips and tricks and then build from there. If there is any interest let me know and we'll get er done. If someone already has something going in this area, let me know. I'm interested.

I'm not a huge firearms guy. I know enough to get myself hurt.:) but I'm sure there is someone who could help in that area. Love camping, Former AF Military Police. Served as a combat medic during 1st gulf war and came back to become a Firefighter. Was a medic for a while, now I count my days until retirement on a Ladder truck and have fallen back to basic EMT. I teach some CPR and First Aid on the side and other than that, enjoy time with my family and want to have a plan should SHTF.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Not sure if anyone is doing anything in this area. I'll put together something if there is an interest. I'm sure I can find a gathering place. I was thinking maybe get together, introduce ourselves. Start with Bob's, some local resources and maybe a few tips and tricks and then build from there. If there is any interest let me know and we'll get er done. If someone already has something going in this area, let me know. I'm interested.

I'm not a huge firearms guy. I know enough to get myself hurt.:) but I'm sure there is someone who could help in that area. Love camping, Former AF Military Police. Served as a combat medic during 1st gulf war and came back to become a Firefighter. Was a medic for a while, now I count my days until retirement on a Ladder truck and have fallen back to basic EMT. I teach some CPR and First Aid on the side and other than that, enjoy time with my family and want to have a plan should SHTF.

I'm sure there are a few of you that could help you our in the firearms area :rockwoot:

I for one would be up for meeting up with others and getting something going. I'm hoping to get my BOB together soon.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    yep, we just have to get a few people who are interested in meeting and we can put something together as a start. I wish there was a way to send out an email to multiple people at once instead of going through one by one, I saw a list of people in our area. I was gonna come up with an agenda for the first meeting. Even had a thought to give away a BOB. Nothing special, just a small backpack with some basic supplies that I can scavenge for nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom