• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    speaking of the ladies, here is one of the best songs ever put to a record, by one of the best singers ever

[video=youtube;9ZcA3kiaQb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcA3kiaQb0[/video]

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    When I was a kid, I had my mom's country records. Awesome stuff.

I wore out her 33 of "Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs"Big Iron - Marty Robbins - YouTube

I also put a hurt on her Jimmy Dean records.

BIG BAD JOHN ~ Jimmy Dean 1961 - YouTube

Can't forget Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen tons - YouTube
    I also listened to a lot of Glenn Miller.
    Glenn Miller LIVE - "In The Mood" - '41 - HQ - YouTube

My older siblings had left a few albums at the house when they moved out, but most of them were crap like flock of seagulls, KISS (2nd most awesome album covers combined with crappy music), meatloaf (bat out of hell had a super awesome album cover but a horrible album yuck), someone did leave the 45 of Queen's "another one bites the dust"/"don't try suicide". One of the siblings left some "Village People" albums which were at least better than kiss and meatloaf. None of that stuff really took off with me.

About sixth grade a classmate who would become a good friend moved to my small town from california. He brought some "rap mixtapes". I had never heard of rap music and it blew me away.
    We were a bunch of sixth graders in small town southern Indiana listening to stuff no one else in town even knew existed. It was like it came from some other planet. We pretty much passed on "hair music" and got heavy into rap.

Run DMC
    Run-DMC Peter Piper - YouTube
    Doug E Fresh
    Doug E Fresh & Slick Rick-The Show - YouTube
    LL Cool J
    L.L. Cool J - I Can't Live Without My Radio - YouTube

And since someone mentioned Metallica.

[video=youtube_share;UoYls_Afkqk]http://youtu.be/UoYls_Afkqk[/video]

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I was born in '93. Mainly listened to the classic rock my parents listened to. Once I got around 5th grade, it was all AC/DC, Metallica, and the 80's metal. I would say that is what I grew up with.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I remember that band. Look at the clothes and the hair.

I remember The Night Chicago Died also. I can still remember all the words to that song.

"And there was no sound at all (tick tick tick tick) but the clock upon the wall. Then the door burst open wide, and my daddy stepped inside. And he kissed my mama's face, and he brushed her tears away."

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    [video=youtube;fJ9rUzIMcZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ[/video]

Freddy Mercury RULED!
    The music world lost a legend when he passed.
    Also,
    Janis Joplin, and Jimmi Hendrix, and Stevie Ray Vaugn, Jim Morrison, Ubie Blake, Jerry Garcia, Ronny Van Zant, Michelle Phillips

I also really enjoy Dr. Hook
    Frank Zappa
    Here Come The Mummies
    George Thourougood and the Destroyers
    Country Joe and the Fish
    Steppenwolf
    Carly Simon
    Ann & Nancy Wilson

the list just goes on, and on, and on...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    speaking of the ladies, here is one of the best songs ever put to a record, by one of the best singers ever

[video=youtube;9ZcA3kiaQb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcA3kiaQb0[/video]

I liked Karen Carpenter's voice better.
    Especially in Superstar.

When I was a kid, I had my mom's country records. Awesome stuff.

I wore out her 33 of "Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs"Big Iron - Marty Robbins - YouTube

I also put a hurt on her Jimmy Dean records.

BIG BAD JOHN ~ Jimmy Dean 1961 - YouTube

Can't forget Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen tons - YouTube
    I also listened to a lot of Glenn Miller.
    Glenn Miller LIVE - "In The Mood" - '41 - HQ - YouTube

My older siblings had left a few albums at the house when they moved out, but most of them were crap like flock of seagulls, KISS (2nd most awesome album covers combined with crappy music), meatloaf (bat out of hell had a super awesome album cover but a horrible album yuck), someone did leave the 45 of Queen's "another one bites the dust"/"don't try suicide". One of the siblings left some "Village People" albums which were at least better than kiss and meatloaf. None of that stuff really took off with me.

About sixth grade a classmate who would become a good friend moved to my small town from california. He brought some "rap mixtapes". I had never heard of rap music and it blew me away.
    We were a bunch of sixth graders in small town southern Indiana listening to stuff no one else in town even knew existed. It was like it came from some other planet. We pretty much passed on "hair music" and got heavy into rap.

Run DMC
    Run-DMC Peter Piper - YouTube
    Doug E Fresh
    Doug E Fresh & Slick Rick-The Show - YouTube
    LL Cool J
    L.L. Cool J - I Can't Live Without My Radio - YouTube

All right, finally some country and folk.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This clip is from before I was born, but some of the first music I remember hearing a wee lad was Grandpa playing Johnny Cash and the first girl I thought was smokin hot was Linda Ronstadt.:drool:

[video=youtube;mue05fazqsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mue05fazqsI[/video]

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This clip is from before I was born, but some of the first music I remember hearing a wee lad was Grandpa playing Johnny Cash and the first girl I thought was smokin hot was Linda Ronstadt.:drool:

I remember I Never Will Marry. I think it was on an album, maybe with Dolly Parton? Yup, found it.
    [video=youtube;xUWcbSWIt94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUWcbSWIt94[/video]

And yes, Linda Ronstadt was painfully beautiful. :faint: She was my first girl-crush.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    My music like are rather diverse. Pretty much like anything, except Rap.

However, my favorite artists (of different genre) are:

Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    Aerosmith
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Linkin Park
    Garth Brooks
    Alison Krauss
    Led Zeppelin
    The Verve

The list goes on...

Top Bottom