• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This thread implies that there was a time in my life where music was great and it's frozen in the past - a premise I find entirely false. Sure, I listened to a lot of stuff in my teens, twenties and thirties. But, what was good then was then. I'll always keep listened to new music and never fall into this trap.

Also, it's important to have the right music at the right time - I was getting road weary driving the length of Nebraska in my pickup - some Jerry Reed turned a boring trip into the surreal.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    13 pages and no one has even mentioned a band that got their name from a marital aid.

steely dad. The album Aja is possibably one of the best studio recorded albums of all time along with dark side.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This thread implies that there was a time in my life where music was great and it's frozen in the past - a premise I find entirely false. Sure, I listened to a lot of stuff in my teens, twenties and thirties. But, what was good then was then. I'll always keep listened to new music and never fall into this trap.

Also, it's important to have the right music at the right time - I was getting road weary driving the length of Nebraska in my pickup - some Jerry Reed turned a boring trip into the surreal.

Lighten up! :) This thread doesn't imply anything. It's "music you grew up with". That doesn't mean that other music isn't good. If you want to start a thread about other great music, start it and I'd be happy to contribute to it. I enjoy a lot more music than the 70's classic rock that I grew up with.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've redefined my life so many times I don't relate to my own history. Yeah, I just said that and it may be my favorite quote.

That being said, a LOT of songs in this thread are what I would call ERA defining songs of my life. Great thread! Thanks for the memory lane that comes with MANY of these songs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's some good ones up there I enjoyed. I never had a taste for Zepplin though...they just grate my nerves. Here's a couple that are a little different:

[video=youtube_share;HtVxna2smkg]http://youtu.be/HtVxna2smkg[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And I grew up, in the south, around country music too. I really like some of the old stuff like this:
    [video=youtube_share;ovKk_kPmAk4]http://youtu.be/ovKk_kPmAk4[/video]

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I grew up in the late sixties, seventies and I suppose the 80's as well. Never cared for PoP Music. I prefer what is now called "Classic Rock" like Led Zepplin, the Who, Yes and others like this plus I do like some of the older punk groups like the Dead Kennedy's, Black Flag, Ramones and the Clash. These days I would say I still don't like PoP Music. I still like classic rock and near all music save the following genres:
    Rap
    Hip Hop
    The current batch of Country, love old country like Johnny Cash and such.
    Opera
    and finally DISCO! I hate disco music. I was there at the Disco Destruction Day that WLS had at old Comiskey Park too.

Top Bottom