• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While it is true that Trump was not exonerated of all wrong-doing, it is also true that JFK was never exonerated of buying the election by bribing Chicago voters.

Trump is presumed innocent until proven guilty. He wasn't proven guilty, which is not the same thing as being exonerated. But, some people will always need to lie to themselves to believe Trump stole the election rather than democrats merely being incredibly stupid. And that cost them an election they should have won. Hillary was the biggest reason they lost, thankfully. Visiting flyover country is beneath her, so she stayed in her cozy DC bacta tank to heal up from her cyborg neurological malfunctions, instead of sucking it up and condescend to the low people of rust belt states, which she was supposed to win.

Anyway, the list of people investigated but never charged is long and distinguished. And sometimes they were guilty as sin, like Hillary and her obstruction of justice when she wiped those servers clean, and destroyed evidence against her. But Hillary fans, all 9 of them, are certain that she was exonerated during Comey's passive/agressive press conference.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm inclined to lean in the direction of just moving on. This was an incredible waste of time, money, and political capital on both sides.

Barr could be lying about that phone conversation, and Mueller could be lying about it. Both parties have reasons to lie. But it's not established that Barr misrepresented the report.
    Yes, but we know absolutely that one person lied; "I'm not familiar with Fusion GPS". How is this statement even possible to come out of his mouth, in this modern age? Is there any potential punishment for lying to Congress, at this level of hiarchy?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just find it hard to believe he's never heard of Fusion GPS if he had anything but a figurehead role in the investigation AND buried his head in the sand throughout.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mueller claimed that his investigation didn’t include the origin including the involvement of Simpson/Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier that lead up to the appointment because it happened before he was appointed thus he couldn’t go into it.

Wtf? Everything you investigated happened before your special counsel was appointed. :n00b:

Mueller’s mandate was to investigate Russian influence in the election and apparently he was only concerned with investigating Trumps alleged connection with the Russians and not the DNC/Clinton bought and paid for Steele dossier that was filled with Russian disinformation designed to influence the election and used against Trump.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mueller claimed that his investigation didn’t include the origin including the involvement of Simpson/Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier that lead up to the appointment because it happened before he was appointed.

Wtf? Everything you investigated happened before your special counsel was appointed. :n00b:

Mueller’s mandate was to investigate Russian influence in the election and apparently he was only concerned with investigating Trumps alleged connection with the Russians and not the DNC/Clinton bought and paid for Steele dossier that was filled with Russian disinformation designed to influence the election against Trump.

That's what I thought about it when I heard that. What CAN you investigate if you can only investigate things that happened after you started investigating?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's what I thought about it when I heard that. What CAN you investigate if you can only investigate things that happened after you started investigating?
    Exactly. Was he appointed to investigate future potential crimes?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Foreign interference is bad.
    But allowing swarms of people to come across the border and vote Democrat, well there's nothing wrong with that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My take is this is your takeaway from the hearing that you picked out to predicate your notion that the President is guilty of wrongdoing and should pay for it and you want to know if there are any middle of the road types that were swayed in the direction of your “tribe”

Not “one way or the other”

As far as the other “tribe” is concerned there is plenty of red meat to takeaway from the hearing to support thier position that this was a crooked baked up political investigation with a number of questionable actors and actions from the beginning and Trump, his family and certain associates that were set up to try and get Trump got a raw deal because of it. (not including Manafort. He had unrelated issues)

That’s my take.

Trump has come to symbolize good for everyone who does not believe that he is a symbol of evil

The field strength just keeps rising and the polarization is almost complete

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Foreign interference is bad.
    But allowing swarms of people to come across the border and vote Democrat, well there's nothing wrong with that.

Citation?

The Hill is rated Left-Center with factual reporting High by Media Bias-Fact Check

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/416225-the-truth-about-illegal-voting
    The truth about illegal voting

Information on the exact number of illegal aliens who have voted in our country is debatable and arguably undeterminable, but some academic estimates have been high enough to “change meaningful election outcomes” and tend to favor Democrats over Republicans.

Scholarly study by Old Dominion U and George Mason U

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-con...tizens-Vote-in-US-Elections-Richman-et-al.pdf
    Do non-citizens vote in U.S. elections?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really?
    Have you been in a coma for the last decade?

Apparently I have. I haven't seen where illegal immigrants are voting for Democrats. Funnily enough, I know someone who was an illegal immigrant joined the military, became legal, opposes illegal immigration, and is a Republican. You act like people are altruistic enough to want to keep the door after them, after they've entered the house.... people who if they were allowed to follow behind, would compete with them for employment.
    But you can humor me, and provide a citation if you have one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Agree. I scanned the paper. I'm uncertain it yields much in the way of useful information or conclusions.

To what extent do illegal immigrants change presidential elections? Floods of immigrants voting in California would change the frequency of the blue, but not shift it anywhere toward red.

All the illegals in the USA voting enbloc for Kamala Harris would still throw the election to Trump.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Be careful that no one here has ever posted a news story that had "experts say" or "people familiar with the matter say..." and shared it as support for an argument.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thank you. However "some academic estimates" don't quite meet the criteria as proof.

Neither does the Mueller report. Weren't you one of the ones saying FedGov could pry your data from your cold dead hands when they were seeking to prove just that. It seems a bit disingenuous to refuse to accept the best estimates available while fighting against the aquisition of more accurate data

Top Bottom