• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Frightening that you were law enforcement with all the powers that come with it. But I guess that explains why there is so much mistrust with law enforcement. Affirmative action wins again.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think it's more likely that the 75% you're referencing (assuming you mean illegal) doesn't vote.

I'm only quoting Kut's words, in order to further the discussion. An academic exercise - and not quoting him as an individual / question you individually (which is why I took his name out of the quote).

That said - let us all pretend that the % of illegals who may/may not be fraudulently voting in elections is negligible at best. Presume that it's statistically irrelevant.

A) At what point does it become statistically relevant for a Free and Fair election, and

B) What about counting illegals in the official US Census (happening in 2020, by the way) - as it affects State populations and, therefore, representation in Congress?

I guess this doesn't have much to do with the Mueller Report, though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The author is addressing Trump's claim that he would have won the popular vote if fraudulent voting was eliminated, which is not the issue here. He stands by the reports conclusions that enough illegal immigrant voting has taken place to skew results in congressional elections and the electoral college

From your cite

Richman himself is not backing down from his initial findings. He says that even if some people did check the wrong citizenship box, enough respondents repeatedly reported voting as noncitizens to indicate that some noncitizens do in fact vote. Even some of Richman’s detractors, such as Rick Hasen, author of the Election Law Blog, acknowledge that “noncitizen voting is a real, if relatively small, problem.” Richman says those on the left are just as wrong to reflexively claim that voter fraud doesn't exist at all as Trump is to continue insisting voter fraud is a national conspiracy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lol, this guy

You know, he could be making a play on the idea of asking for citations and then complaining they're not the best information available when given and then when that argument fails complaining that they're not proof - hence the "prove me wrong" quote

Still waiting on your proof that outcome-changing voter fraud doesn't happen. You do know that absense of evidence is not evidence of absence, yes?

I can cite from Center for Immigration Studies for you but pretty certain you wouldn't approve of [STRIKE]anybody that doesn't support your view[/STRIKE] them either

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

The entire premise of the Mueller investigation is that the Trump campaign illegally coordinated with the Russian government to affect the outcome of the election. For the specific accusations I have at least two major problems:

First, this predicated on the notion that the Russians were manipulating weak- minded voters for nefarious purposes. At minimum, these are proper eligible voters. Beyond this, no one has challenged the truthfulness of anything the Russians allegedly told leaving us with the sole complaint being the identity of the messenger. Simultaneously, the Clinton campaign and DNC were paying Russian government agents through intermediaries to generate the false documentation to launce a 2 1/2 year investigation, but that is somehow alright.

Second, I find it incredible that the same people screaming up a lung about the remotepossibility that the Russians may have swayed a few weak minds are hell-bent on making sure no one verifies voter registries or the eligibility of people voting. Don't even try to tell me that fraudulent voting is statistically insignificant. When you have too many precincts turning in more votes than they have people, there is a problem that is not open for debate. When you have hundreds of voters registered under the address of a defunct Kentucky Fried Chicken, there is an undeniable problem. When you have roughly half of the political actors in the country fixated on making sure that voter eligibility can neither be verified nor ineligible registrations removed, there is a huge problem.

EVERY FRAUDULENT VOTE NULLIFIES THE VOTE OF A DULY ELIGIBLE CITIZEN..NEVER FORGET THAT.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    iL3EVa8.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm only quoting Kut's words, in order to further the discussion. An academic exercise - and not quoting him as an individual / question you individually (which is why I took his name out of the quote).

That said - let us all pretend that the % of illegals who may/may not be fraudulently voting in elections is negligible at best. Presume that it's statistically irrelevant.

A) At what point does it become statistically relevant for a Free and Fair election, and

B) What about counting illegals in the official US Census (happening in 2020, by the way) - as it affects State populations and, therefore, representation in Congress?

I guess this doesn't have much to do with the Mueller Report, though.

A) There have been representation elections decided at the national level by slightly more than 200 votes (Franken), Florida in the electoral college by 537 votes (2000 election) and plenty of vote margins in state legislatures of 2 or 3 votes. Any margin of illegitimate voting could be significant and should be driven to the absolute lowest incidence possible with zero illegals voting being the goal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_close_election_results
    List of close election results

B) The language of the constitution directs that all inhabitants be counted but we should be interested in separating out the number of non-citizens when it comes to allocating federal resources. Jurisdictions that welcome illegals should bear the cost alone of their policies. Also the data would be useful in policing voter fraud by providing a comparison of legal voters (citizens) and total votes cast. Obviously if the vote tally exceeded the number of eligible voters further investigation would be indicated

Top Bottom