• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Won't stop the Dem/MSM narrative from twisting the truth, but:

When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said.

So, Mueller apparently believes that the Dem/MSM narrative is misinterpreting his report, not Barr.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ng-of-reports-release-in-letter-william-barr/

The Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said. “But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released. However, the Attorney General ultimately determined that it would not be productive to release the report in piecemeal fashion.”

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ng-of-reports-release-in-letter-william-barr/

The Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said. “But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel’s obstruction analysis. They then discussed whether additional context from the report would be helpful and could be quickly released. However, the Attorney General ultimately determined that it would not be productive to release the report in piecemeal fashion.”

Won't stop the Dem/MSM narrative from twisting the truth, but:

So, Mueller apparently believes that the Dem/MSM narrative is misinterpreting his report, not Barr.

Dem/MSM reports that Barr's memo was inaccurate and/or misleading is directly at odds with the NR account DoJ statements above. My crystal ball says the Dems do not want Mueller to testify if the quote above is accurate... would kill their narrative.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Dem/MSM reports that Barr's memo was inaccurate and/or misleading is directly at odds with the NR account DoJ statements above. My crystal ball says the Dems do not want Mueller to testify if the quote above is accurate... would kill their narrative.

I am seeing shades of the Emperor's New Clothes. I am starting to think that Mueller's goal was to try backing Barr into a corner where he had to go find some obstruction in order to keep from looking like a fool before the "wise" but instead he played the role of the kid who pointed and exclaimed "The Emperor is buck naked!" Now, Mueller is one of many who are not at all happy that this backfired.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Heard snips on the radio of Lindsey Graham questioning Barr. I'm paraphrasing, but it sounded like this: "Are you interested in how the Clinton investigation was handled?" Barr, after a pause: "yes".
    There were at least 5 or 6 questions in this vein, on different subjects concerning the abuses that have happened over the last 3 years. In each instance, Barr answered YES, so I believe we're in for an unforgettable next two years. Add in all the House-issued subpoenas and demands, and it's going to be epic. Might keep .gov from doing anything else, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Have fun everyone!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I am seeing shades of the Emperor's New Clothes. I am starting to think that Mueller's goal was to try backing Barr into a corner where he had to go find some obstruction in order to keep from looking like a fool before the "wise" but instead he played the role of the kid who pointed and exclaimed "The Emperor is buck naked!" Now, Mueller is one of many who are not at all happy that this backfired.

Yup, the quote below says it all...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ba...-russia-report-conclusion-no-obstruction-punt
    ...he was surprised Mueller didn’t come to a conclusion over whether President Trump obstructed justice.

But Barr suggested Mueller should have taken a stance on the issue: “We don’t conduct criminal investigations just to collect information and put it out to the public. We do so to make a decision.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Heard snips on the radio of Lindsey Graham questioning Barr. I'm paraphrasing, but it sounded like this: "Are you interested in how the Clinton investigation was handled?" Barr, after a pause: "yes".
    There were at least 5 or 6 questions in this vein, on different subjects concerning the abuses that have happened over the last 3 years. In each instance, Barr answered YES, so I believe we're in for an unforgettable next two years. Add in all the House-issued subpoenas and demands, and it's going to be epic. Might keep .gov from doing anything else, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Have fun everyone!

https://spectator.org/listen-to-joe-digenova/
    Listen to Joe diGenova
    And in the case of the Obama anti-Trump brigade, be very afraid.

Joseph diGenova is the former U. S. Attorney for the District of Columbia and a former legal counsel to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. He has also been a frequent commentator on Fox News and Washington’s WMAL Radio. Throughout the Trump-Russia collusion fiasco and Team Mueller’s investigation of the president, diGenova has proven to be a reliable source of information as to what was happening behind the scenes. His pronouncements and predictions have consistently proven to be true.

On April 24, 2019, diGenova appeared on the Ingraham Angle and made his most explosive predictions yet. Here’s the link to the video. What follows below is a partial transcript of his remarks starting at 27 seconds into the broadcast.

It has been evident from day one that there was a brazen plot to exonerate Hillary Clinton illegally, and then, if she lost the election, to frame Donald Trump. This [Steele] dossier was a knowing part of that. It was created by Hillary Clinton. It was created knowingly by [former CIA Director] John Brennan as part of a scheme to do everything they could to harm Donald Trump.
    The problem for Brennan and [former Director of National Intelligence]Clapper and [former FBI Director] Comey and [former FBI General Counsel] Baker and all of them now is, is that the FISA Court has already communicated with the Justice Department about its findings. And their findings are that from more than four years before the election of Donald Trump, there was an illegal spying operation going on by FBI [private] contractors — four of them — to steal personal information, electronic information about Americans and to use it against the Republican Party.

There are going to be indictments. There’s going to be grand juries. John Brennan isn’t going to need one lawyer. He’s going to need five!

Near the end of the show, diGenova concluded his remarks as follows:

There is a hero in this entire story, and it’s not a lawyer. All the bad people in this story are lawyers. There’s a hero. His name is Admiral Mike Rogers. He was the head of the National Security Agency. He discovered the illegal spying. He went personally to the FISA Court and briefed the Chief Judge and worked with her for months to uncover the people who did it. The FISA Court has already told the Justice department who lied to that court and that has been given to [Attorney General] Bill Barr already.

Much of what diGenova said is partially supported by Chief Judge Collyer’s heavily redacted April 26, 2017 Memorandum Opinion, which is linked here. Reading and understanding the opinion is very difficult due to its use of technical and legal terms and extensive redactions at strategic points. The opinion states that it was the National Security Agency that brought the abuses to the court’s attention and that raw intelligence data from FISA intercepts had been illegally disseminated to “private contractors” working for the FBI. If you make the effort to read it, the juiciest parts start at page 82.

So, there it is. If diGenova’s track record holds, a legal rain of ruin is about to befall the deep state operatives who tried to steal the 2016 election and, failing that, to unwind the result. And if, in fact, the enormous surveillance powers of our intelligence agencies were usurped by the Obama administration to spy for years before the election on the opposing political party, then the implications go far beyond just one election and one presidential candidate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Democrats feel the Mueller report left the issue of obstruction open for Congress NOT AG Barr to make the determination on whether or not there was.

I personally happen to feel that the reason it was left open by Mueller and his team was purposefully for the Democrats to run with for impeachment purposes since the “collusion” aspect fell flat on it’s face.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the #1 rule of bureaucracies is protect the bureaucracy.

So do not be surprised if there are no indictments. The swamp is large and deep and if its gonna be drained it will take years.

Barr seems like a legit guy but right now its all political posturing for 2020.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    There's a lot of screeching about "Barr lied to Congress"... almost all of them paraphrase the question and truncate the answer with "I don't know." Here's the full question and answer, reference link at the end of the post:

“Reports have emerged recently, General, that members of the Special Counsel’s team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24 letter,” Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.) said at the April 10 hearing. “That it does not adequately or accurately, necessarily, portray the report’s findings. Do you know what they’re referencing with that?”

“No, I don’t,” Barr replied. “I think — I think — I suspect that they probably wanted, you know, more put out. But in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries. … I think any summary regardless of who prepares it not only runs the risk of being underinclusive or overinclusive but also would trigger a lot of discussion and analysis that really should await everything coming out at once.”

Which, we now know, is EXACTLY what happened... from none other than Special Counsel Mueller's own letter.

Mueller did not provide an introduction/executive summary for each volume of the report until AFTER the March 24th Barr memo. Mueller SAYS SO in his March 27th letter. We also know that Barr requested, but Mueller did not deliver, a fully redacted version of the report along with the full report, so it could be immediately released.

Source of quotes above:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/30/robert-mueller-william-barr-report-1295269

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the #1 rule of bureaucracies is protect the bureaucracy.

So do not be surprised if there are no indictments. The swamp is large and deep and if its gonna be drained it will take years.

Barr seems like a legit guy but right now its all political posturing for 2020.

If it meets the DoJ guidelines for criminal charges, I'm confident AG Barr would bring them. If it doesn't, then we will hear nothing except perhaps, at most, "no ongoing investigations".

As it should be.

And, I would add, mostly was before some of his predecessors and Comey ****-stained the whole DoJ and FBI.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Truth? We don't need no stinking truth! Get on with the narrative! Isn't that right Nancy, Adam, Jarrold?

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    Ted Cruz makes them all look like blustering idiots in conference the other day. The Democratic pretense is just to keep it alive to the uninformed public till the upcoming election. Oh my 17 months form now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That was pretty good. I watched as much of Barr's testimony as I could, but after 2 or 3 Democraps spoke I had to skip past most of them. What a transparent bunch of idiots. You could easily tell they were full of :poop: and still trying to push their agenda. Their hate for this president is blatantly obvious. They don't even try to temper it or seem professional at all. All I kept thinking every time one of those morons spoke is, just because you say something, it doesn't make it true. It's like the whole Mueller investigation, the left wanted it to be true and they repeated the lies over and over again and now they can't stand it because the truth is (and was) that there was no collusion and no obstruction. I did come away impressed with Barr. He seemed very intelligent and displayed patience and occasional humor during the proceedings. He was also very on point with several of his comments highlighting how the investigation had been weaponized for political purposes. It'll be interesting to see what the fallout is from his refusal to go before congress today.

Top Bottom