• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Can we at least investigate the opposing team? We know for a FACT that the DNC and Clinton campaign colluded with Steele to create a fake dossier in order to get the fraudulent FISA warrant, but nothing has been done about that. There was admitted collusion with a foreign national (Steele) to affect the election. Why is it only suspicious if one thinks a Republican did it (and as it turned out that was false), but NOT suspicious or illegal for the Democrats to do it? One side played by the rules, and the other admittedly didn't, and yet, not a peep out of the DOJ (and since it was still Obama's DOJ that was complicit, I guess that shouldn't surprise me).

If I were Trump, I'd have every one of them investigated intensively from now until after the 2020 election, and maybe even beyond. Subpoena every last one of them, put them under public scrutiny under oath. Show the American citizens who the real criminals are and if found guilty, sentence them to the maximum that the law will allow.

Absolutely! All I’m saying is that they’re mutually exclusive. Misconduct by the DNC doesn’t mean Trump must have been innocent. It’s more nuanced than good vs. evil. And I’m not arguing Trump did anything wrong. I’m simply saying the Mueller report leaves a lot of questions and we shouldn’t let blind following of political tribes blind us. Just because no charges are being filed and the bad guys (Democrats) are mad doesn’t mean all is perfect in the world.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Absolutely! All I’m saying is that they’re mutually exclusive. Misconduct by the DNC doesn’t mean Trump must have been innocent. It’s more nuanced than good vs. evil. And I’m not arguing Trump did anything wrong. I’m simply saying the Mueller report leaves a lot of questions and we shouldn’t let blind following of political tribes blind us. Just because no charges are being filed and the bad guys (Democrats) are mad doesn’t mean all is perfect in the world.

I just found it quite telling that Trump could have invoked executive privilege at several points during this witch hunt, and he chose not to do so. That's not the action of a guilty man with something to hide, or trying to obstruct the investigation, IMHO.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    WHAT!!?! INVESTIGATE DEMOCRATS?

Any suggestion of investigating Democrats is hate-filled, racist, Nazi, misogynistic, political dirty tricks.

Just ask any Democrat or ABC, NBC, CBS, MS[STRIKE]NBC[/STRIKE]DNC, PBS, OR CNN.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    WHAT!!?! INVESTIGATE DEMOCRATS?

Any suggestion of investigating Democrats is hate-filled, racist, Nazi, misogynistic, political dirty tricks.

Just ask any Democrat or ABC, NBC, CBS, MS[STRIKE]NBC[/STRIKE]DNC, PBS, OR CNN.

Well, it's a little like investigating the Gotti family, so there's that. Witnesses suddenly become accident prone or suicidal for some reason.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I’m not nearly as concerned about my political team winning as I am the very real possibility of the kind of tyranny for which this country was founded to guard against. If a US President was using his power to disrupt investigations into possible criminal activity, that’s very bad. There are things in that report that tend to clear him, and a lot of things that seem to say “well it looks like this happened but we just can’t jump the legal hurdles to move forward.” Ultimately, the investigation is clearing him of charges and that’s the way the system is supposed to work. I just think we need to be careful not to let our support of the home team make us accept everything we like to hear.

Have you seen evidence that Trump used his power to disrupt Mueller? Seems like it continued to go forward full steam ahead, even when Trump could have disrupted it at any time, but he didn't. In your earlier statement you mentioned a dozen times he tried to take over the investigation and get Mueller fired. I must not have been paying attention, because I don't recall those attempts.

p.s. At Barr's press conference today, he said Mueller's report stated that Trump gave unfettered access to all records and executive branch personnel. Those were Mueller's words.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If I were Trump, I'd have every one of them investigated intensively from now until after the 2020 election, and maybe even beyond. Subpoena every last one of them, put them under public scrutiny under oath. Show the American citizens who the real criminals are and if found guilty, sentence them to the maximum that the law will allow.

That would be reported and loudly decried to be Politically motivated and anyone tried and convicted would be declared a political prisoner by Amnesty International.

Trump wouls be "LITERALLY STALIN".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

What about the fact that the probable cause was a fabrication? I do not see a nuance in the investigation especially FISA warrants being based on fiction. Why are the guilty parties not in prison?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So he tried to take over the Russia probe nearly a dozen times. He tried multiple avenues to get Mueller fired, and even said it would be the end of his Presidency. But somehow that’s not obstruction?

Obstruction has a legal definition. I think obstruction would have been easier to prove if his attempts actually succeeded. But also there’s an element of intent required. He told the WH attorney to fire Mueller, and say it’s because he has a conflict of interest. But they had already made the determination that there wasn’t a conflict.

He refused to obey Trump, which likely saved him from a bad outcome. It’s easier to prove obstruction when the investigation is impeded by the investigator being fired for dishonest reasons. I think you could say some unethical things happened, but to be proven as a crime is something else. Trump should thank that guy for saving Trump from himself.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That would be reported and loudly decried to be Politically motivated and anyone tried and convicted would be declared a political prisoner by Amnesty International.

Trump wouls be "LITERALLY STALIN".

Pfft... like this whole Mueller investigation wasn't politically motivated? A politically motivated temper tantrum is all it ever was.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pfft... like this whole Mueller investigation wasn't politically motivated? A politically motivated temper tantrum is all it ever was.

Absolutely, that is the point. The media was 88.9% for the investigation against Trump so it was not reported as political.

If Trump pushed investigations, The media will be 88.9% against him and it will be reported as purely political.

ETA 99.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If a citizen's use of deadly force goes before a grand jury and they return no indictment, do you conclude it was a good shoot or that the grand jury's failure to indict "... leaves a lot of questions ..."? Asking for a compadre

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the obvious obstruction was when Trump deleted subpoenaed emails then bleached washed hard drives and smashed cellphones devices.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    As I said earlier, it's the duty of a citizen to utilize every constitutional means available to make the prosecutor's task a living hell.

Obstruction? You damn right. **** you, mother****ers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As I said earlier, it's the duty of a citizen to utilize every constitutional means available to make the prosecutor's task a living hell.

Alpo, you continue to impress me... ;)

[video=youtube;x1q2F_18cjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1q2F_18cjg[/video]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    End of his presidency can mean more than one thing. In context I read it as the end of accomplishing what he wanted to do during his presidency.
    ^This^ As always the MSM media seized on that tidbit and misrepresented the **** out of it and inferred that Trump was as much as admitting he was guilty of some wrong doing and he thought he was ****ed because of it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If a citizen's use of deadly force goes before a grand jury and they return no indictment, do you conclude it was a good shoot or that the grand jury's failure to indict "... leaves a lot of questions ..."? Asking for a compadre
    That’s not the same thing. The Mueller report leaves a lot of unanswered questions. It pretty much says that. If we had an equivalent “dead force” comparison, maybe the conclusion is, well. It doesn’t look good, but not enough evidence to say it’s bad, therefore no charges. That’s not the same thing as saying good shoot. At best, it’s probably not a bad shoot.

But, bottom line is, no charges. I think, probably, Trump didn’t collude with the Russians. Maybe did some shady stuff that didn’t break the law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Citizens? damn straight. POTUS? Not usually, but I’d say when the president has to endure the manufactured ****storm this has been, he has a few “**** you’s” stacked up that he gets to hand out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I see it differently, as better than indicted, tried and aquitted

In the former, the prosecution thought it could convict and was proven wrong; in the latter the prosecution didn't even think there was enough evidence to make the attempt

Top Bottom