• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Why do you have a different G19 to train with?

Mainly so I am not wearing out my carry gun at the range. The more its is used, the higher the likelyhood of wear parts failing. I actually have three. One I carry, one I practice with, and one as a spare. The spare usually has an advantage arms kit on it. So it sees a fair bit of range time on the frame and fire controls.

To start off I had one that I carried and shot at the range all the time. It was starting to get a pretty high round count. It got to the point where you could tell a noticable difference in the trigger vs a newer gun. So when I started to notice I was wearing it out, I bought a second to use at the range.

I ended up having some trigger issues with the second one and I shipped them both back to Glock for a rebuild. When I did that, I purchased the third to carry while they were away. I don't shoot nearly the volume these days as I did when I wore the first gun out. But I like having the spare.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Mainly so I am not wearing out my carry gun at the range. The more its is used, the higher the likelyhood of wear parts failing. I actually have three. One I carry, one I practice with, and one as a spare. The spare usually has an advantage arms kit on it. So it sees a fair bit of range time on the frame and fire controls.

To start off I had one that I carried and shot at the range all the time. It was starting to get a pretty high round count. It got to the point where you could tell a noticable difference in the trigger vs a newer gun. So when I started to notice I was wearing it out, I bought a second to use at the range.

I ended up having some trigger issues with the second one and I shipped them both back to Glock for a rebuild. When I did that, I purchased the third to carry while they were away. I don't shoot nearly the volume these days as I did when I wore the first gun out. But I like having the spare.

Huh. Honestly, I have never heard of anyone doing that. I've heard of keeping a spare, but not 3 guns.

I think it's a pretty good idea.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Why would you admit to not cleaning and lubing for 3K rounds and then ask anyone what the problem could have been? If I had the failure with a well cared for firearm then I might ask the question. Can't fix stupid.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.

Owners of Renault Dauphines always have three of their cars too!! They have two up on blocks in the barn lot, and one they drive, when it's not being repaired. Is this a similar theory? :dunno: :): JK

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Owners of Renault Dauphines always have three of their cars too!! They have two up on blocks in the barn lot, and one they drive, when it's not being repaired. Is this a similar theory? :dunno: :): JK

:)

Something like that.

I guess my theory is that if you have been shooting for years and haven't broken or worn out a gun you probably don't train hard enough or practice often enough. :draw: :ar15:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It looks like something affected the extraction/ejection, either the slide didn't retract far enough for the case to hit the ejector (maybe very sluggish slide or underpowered round) or there was something with the extractor, on glocks if you break just a little corner off the extractor it can cause problems. I didn't watch the video though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    While it is an advantage to have a gun that doesn't require cleaning very often, I've always seen that as more of an insurance policy than a way of life. Unless you are doing something drastically wrong, keeping it clean is never a bad idea, and may prevent issues....even with a Glock that some people believe should be lubed with muddy water.

I've never understood bragging about not cleaning a gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom