• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And the American people have been quite clear on the matter. We do not want any boots on the ground over there, (although that ships already sailed) involved in yet another ME ground war. The people of that region need to get their heads out of their asses and put their own people on the ground. We've spent enough blood and treasure there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, I know the geopolitical situation with Iran is really important, but to see F-4s in action would be just sweet. :D Now, if they got F-14s into the mix... :cool:

BTW, I'm 99% sure the top pic in that link is a screenshot from a video game. Reasonably sure it is LOMAC because of the sea color, but it might be MSFS.

Getting back to the topic of the last few posts, pick any place Obama has sent troops and you could say that "the American people have been quite clear on the matter" that they didn't want troops there. Doesn't make it true and it doesn't mean it is good foreign policy. That's why the power to conduct international relations stays in the executive, not the legislative. That is an area where management by committee doesn't work.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ISIS Attacks American Base In Iraq In First Ever Clash With U.S. Troops

American troops in Iraq had their first actual battle with ISIS troops after the Islamist militants tried to overrun a base, an encounter that left the ISIS troops decimated and in retreat.

The attack took place near the Ein al-Asad base, which includes close to 100 U.S. military advisers. The U.S. troops, armed with “light and medium weapons,” and were able to inflict casualties against the ISIS fighters, forcing them to retreat, Shafaq News reported. The American troops were also aided by fighter jets, which directed air strikes against the ISIS troops that “silenced their heavy sources of fire.”

Boots on the ground and all....

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If BHO would get his finger out of his *** we could end this ISIS threat in a long weekend.

And as a side note I seriously hope that no one is even considering paying a million bucks for a corpse.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    rolleyes_robertdowneyjr.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BBC News - Inside Iraqi air base as Islamic State closes in
    Ain al-Asad air base, the largest in Iraq's western province of Anbar, has been encircled by militants from Islamic State (IS). The BBC's Quentin Sommerville, the first Western journalist to make it to the facility since IS launched a nationwide offensive in June, found soldiers on the defensive as the militants close in.
    At Ain al-Asad, soldiers and their armoured vehicles had departed. The camp was quiet, almost peaceful. But we were in fact in the eye of a storm.
    On multiple fronts, troops were out fighting - and losing - battles with Islamic State (IS) militants.
    We had come to see an offensive. Instead, we found a retreat.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So...you're typing this on the internet they provide on the plane there? Good on you, standing up and what not.

I'm not calling on the US to send American troops to, once again, fight in another regions conflict. For all of you who want more American spilled in Iraq, I have given you direction on how to go about it. Stop wanting someone else to die for you and put your ass on the line.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm not calling on the US to send American troops to, once again, fight in another regions conflict. For all of you who want more American spilled in Iraq, I have given you direction on how to go about it. Stop wanting someone else to die for you and put your ass on the line.

I spent 24yrs with my 'ass on the line'. I suppose no amount of someone else's time and effort will ever be enough to justify their opinion being expressed. If they disagree they should get on a plane to another part of the world and go die. First amendment only counts if you shut up and go away.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I spent 24yrs with my 'ass on the line'. I suppose no amount of someone else's time and effort will ever be enough to justify their opinion being expressed. If they disagree they should get on a plane to another part of the world and go die. First amendment only counts if you shut up and go away.
    24 yrs. is not enough "ass on the line." Do what mjarrell says and get over there and get more skin in the game. Just do it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IS has terms they'd like met in order to facilitate a withdrawal from Mosul.

BasNews
    "Give us money and safe passage and we'll leave"

"No, you leave or you die like dogs at the feet of the Peshmerga that are kicking your ass"

Top Bottom