• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was looking through the classifieds and saw a Marlin Model 60 listed. I own one of these rifles with a $50 Walmart scope on it and just cannot get enough of it. It'll pop a balloon out to 150 yds and clang steel out to 200. For $120 rifle, how does it get any better?

So let's hear it. What's your pick for the most underrated or under-appreciated firearm out there? Hi-point? Marlin Model 60? Mosin? Maverick?

EDIT: Let's add the most underrated calibers to this question as well. I know there are a lot of "oddball" calibers out there that don't get the attention of the 30-30, 44, .357, etc.

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Kahr PM9. It's not that I hear bad things about it or anything, I just don't hear good things about it all that often....

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kahr PM9. It's not that I hear bad things about it or anything, I just don't hear good things about it all that often....

Really high price point = less owners to boast about it.

Now that the CM9 is out... you will hear Kahr come up in conversation more often.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I think too many people under-rate the revolver in general. Specifically the .38 Special K-Frames (everyone wants a Magnum, then they carry .38 +P).
    (from another thread though it's true)
    Most overrated gun or kind of gun RUGER (semi auto only)

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I think Hi-Point is definately underrated. I understand that people think every firearm should be easy to take apart and should have a hi-cap magazine, but lets face it, not everyone is a backyard commando who thinks zombies are going to invade in the near future.

For backyard paper punching Hi-Point is perfect. Cheap, reliable, fires all ammo (even Brown Bear which my cousins Glock 19 won't shoot) and it has a lifetime warranty with great customer service.

I don't know of anyone personally who has owned a Hi-Point and not loved it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've heard that a lot about Hi-Points. I think they are ugly as sin but I haven't heard much bad about the way they shoot. Really that's all that matters. I still haven't shot one yet, maybe someday.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've heard that a lot about Hi-Points. I think they are ugly as sin but I haven't heard much bad about the way they shoot. Really that's all that matters. I still haven't shot one yet, maybe someday.

I highly advise it. However I must warn you now, after you shoot it, you might love it...

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    most under rated caliber is the .22, if i had a nickel for everytime someone said its just a .22 i could go out and buy another .22.
    .380 is also under rated and called a girls gun

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Under-rated gun would have to be the Mosin-Nagant. Now bear with me for a min while I explain. Yes we all have them, but how many of us think about them as anything but cheap toys, or remnants of the past? Its a hell of an impressive gun, and in the right hands can serious fu** some sh** up :D

Caliber would have to be 5.7x28mm though. Everyone seems to have a dim view of it, but the results in ballistic gel speak for themselves. That is NOT a bullet I would want to be on the receiving end of.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I think Hi-Point is definately underrated. I understand that people think every firearm should be easy to take apart and should have a hi-cap magazine, but lets face it, not everyone is a backyard commando who thinks zombies are going to invade in the near future.

im not a commando but if theres zombies in my backyard you can bet ill be one

Top Bottom