• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    5mm is a really fun round, and being it just started somewhat recently getting reproduced its a bit more reasonable. Ive seen crow shots taken with it that were amazing for a 50 year old gun thats not been shot for decades on iron sights

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I vote for the original S&W Sigma. All you ever hear is about what complete crap they were....I bought one of the 1st ones in 1995 (full size .40, 15 round cap) and never, ever, EVER had any problems with it. I ran at least 3000 rounds through it with not a single jam, ftf, fte, or any other malfunction in the 16 years I've had it!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    If this were 10 years ago, I would say the CZ-75. Since they have come on so strong in recent years, I would have to say the High Point.

As far as caliber, I would say the .22LR. I used to make fun of an old carpenter I worked for that carried a .22 revolver until he said "Would you like to have a half-dozen .22 hollow points in your ass?"

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I am going to have to say the Sig Pro line of pistols. They are extremely accurate and are made with the same Sig to hell and back reliability! My SP2022 still amazes me sometimes. Not to mention they have a CHF barrel in them!

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Most under-rated handgun: the Steyr M-series. At one point, they were selling for $350 NIB. However, they were/are better built with better ergos than plastic guns that cost twice as much.

Most under-rated pistol cartridge: 357 Sig. Usually as nothing more than 9mm+P or the trite, worn-out gun board cliche "answer to question no one asked." However, +P or even +P+ velocities are short 50-200fps of plain jane 357 Sig in, and even further behind when comparing boutique ammo. Compare DT 9mm 124@1310 out of 4.6 G17 vs. 357 Sig 125@1525 out of 4.5" barrel. You may not think velocity matters much in the grand scheme of things, but it's just incorrect on the numbers to say its 9mm +p and no more.

It has a good track record in police shooting, and is the 2nd most popular cartridge behind the 40 for state LEO agencies.

Yet civilian buyers give it no love, despite the cartridge's merits.

I would say 10mm, but I think most people realize how awesome it is, but don't like the ammo cost/availability issue. Saying "it's awesome, but too expensive" isn't really under-rating it. That's a pretty fair assessment of it, IMHO.

I don't think the 22lr is underrated. It seems like any serious shooter has at least one in their collection and appreciates the cartridge as incredibly useful for cost-effective plinking, small game, competition and so on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes! My father on law has one and says lots of folks look down on the .22 cartridge, but no one will volunteer to get shot with one!

I mean if shooting a guy 7891 times, before he feels the itch, is your bag, go with it. :D

But seriously, I've seen people meet their maker from a .22. A firearm is always deadly regardless of the caliber... BUT, when you have options the .22 is the last caliber I'd choose. But, underrated does apply.

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    hi-point for sure.. its way ahead of its class (being jennings, lorcin) way above those if you ask me..

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Now that the 17s have come out and are so popular, I pick the 22 mag in a plain jane Savage 93 black syn and blue barrel. It just flat shoots.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Stoeger shotguns; I own a Condor O/U and love it. It was my first gun more than 10 years ago, and it's still one of my favorites. Lots of snobs in the double barrel world, but that shotgun suits me just fine and never fails.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I'll go there and say it... Hi Points. They do work. They have a transferable lifetime warranty too. Great value for center fire pistols. Everyone should own two or three as spare backup guns.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Stoeger shotguns; I own a Condor O/U and love it. It was my first gun more than 10 years ago, and it's still one of my favorites. Lots of snobs in the double barrel world, but that shotgun suits me just fine and never fails.
    I have an Uplander side by side that I feel the same way about, they are plain and simple guns, but they fit well and go bang every time.

Top Bottom