• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It seems people have a vastly different understanding of the word "Underrated" than I do.

How exactly is the 10mm or SIG underrated? Both are generally praised and appreciated from what I can tell... their only faults are price and availability (generally speaking).

When someone says "underrated" ... I tend to think more along the lines of Hi-Point of the SW Sigma series. Products people bash all the time, unless they have had the opportunity to own one.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    hi-points are kinda like a moped........:D

I own the High Point 9mm carbine and love it. Put a red dot scope on it and plink down range all day. Had an issue with a mismounted barrel, but sent it in and they overhauled the entire gun for me--no charge.

Another varmint gun I've got is a Revelation Mod 120 (22 cal) with a scope. Paid less than $100 for it and it's one heck of an accurate little rifle.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    or....they are fun until your friends see you on one:)

come back and see me folks, i'll be here all week.

:hehe::joke:

:laugh:

Now that was funny, but in all honesty, I'd take my Hi-Point over my friends Taurus any day. Trigger pull is smooth and sweet, doesn't jam, and it's accurate up to the 35-40 feet we were shooting it.

:dunno: To each their own, but I'm not embarrassed to take my Hi-Point to the range with me. Most people just ask me how I like it, in which I respond, "I don't! I love it!." :rockwoot:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Round-.243(My brother has a custom target rifle in .243 it is sweet!)

Firearm- Hi-Point I have two of them 9mm pistol and the carbine, not a minutes trouble out of either, and can be had at a great price

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Marlin M1-22 cal. same action as a Mod 60, different stock,great target rifle. Mosins are always cool, big blast for little cost. Rock Island 45ACP, Gov Model, like a WW2 issue. S&W M-10s(38 Spec), mine is over 30yrs old runs like a Timex, never fails. Had an East German Makarov once, it was quite a shooter(9m/Mac). Remington 521-t target 22 cal, bolt action w/ peep sights. Tac driver on the range. Will keep thinking of a few more.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Marlin M1-22 cal. same action as a Mod 60, different stock,great target rifle. Mosins are always cool, big blast for little cost. Rock Island 45ACP, Gov Model, like a WW2 issue. S&W M-10s(38 Spec), mine is over 30yrs old runs like a Timex, never fails. Had an East German Makarov once, it was quite a shooter(9m/Mac). Remington 521-t target 22 cal, bolt action w/ peep sights. Tac driver on the range. Will keep thinking of a few more.

I always hear people say how great Rock Islands are but you almost never hear the 1911 crowd talk about them. It's always Colt or Springfield or Kimber. They seem like a great value though if they run as well as people say they do.

Keep the posts coming! The reason I started this was that a lot of times I see good deals on things and wonder if the firearm is worth taking a chance on. As with the Marlin 60, I'm sure a lot of folks who don't know much about .22 rifles see the $120 price tag on a semi-auto rifle and think, "eh, they must not be that great." Especially considering the love the 10/22 gets at a much higher price. What other good values are out there?

fennsta_78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westfield
    I think Hi-Point is definately underrated. I understand that people think every firearm should be easy to take apart and should have a hi-cap magazine, but lets face it, not everyone is a backyard commando who thinks zombies are going to invade in the near future.

For backyard paper punching Hi-Point is perfect. Cheap, reliable, fires all ammo (even Brown Bear which my cousins Glock 19 won't shoot) and it has a lifetime warranty with great customer service.

I don't know of anyone personally who has owned a Hi-Point and not loved it.

My first pistol was a high point in 9mm. It was accurate as hell but wouldn't load worth a damn. It might as well have been a single shot... Sold it for 60 bucks.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    OK, the fight is on. I think the .243 is far more under rated than the .260.:):

BLAPHAMY (spelling:dunno:)

i agree with you the 243 is underrated, but the 243 is high on alot of peoples lists, half the shooters out there have never heard of the 260. as a matter of fact the only 308 variation that is popular is the 243.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I'll go with .25ACP in one of the not-quite-saturday-night-special blowback pistols from FIE. I carry much more expensive gear now but for the longest time I carried a little FIE and it always shot well at the range.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    this....

34y45sl.jpg

Top Bottom