• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    So yesterday after 4 years of working there I was fired. Earlier that day I had a conversation with another person (one of our venders) whom I have been buddy's with on personal levels, about me looking for another job. I told him that I really wanted to go back into plumbing because it is what I really enjoy doing. He asked me why I was unhappy there, and if it were due to pay. I told him that I didn't think they pay me what I am worth but that wasn't the biggest reason.

I also told him that the main reason was that I didn't like the way things operated there.

Now, my boss already knew that I was looking to get back into plumbing, and had gone for a couple interviews already. No big deal. So about an hour before quitting time yesterday my boss called me into her office. She told me that she thought it was in their best interest that I not work there anymore. And they were letting me go.

Naturally I asked WHY? She replied with " you told a vendor that we don't pay you what you think your worth". And said that was unexceptable. LMAO. I said ok and walked out.

That is absolutely the most redicuolus reason I've ever heard. Now I am aware that she can fire me for no reason at all in IN. but she could have atleast come up with something better then that.

Let's hear some other redicuolus Reasons for being fired.

My reason was simular. I had looked into going back to school, after working with the company for 6 years. I was full time and receiving benefits. They said that if I went back to school, then I would not be available to them at all times, even though I had worked out a schedule to work 40 hours. This was not good enough. So I had to decide between full time or school. I mentioned to a co worker that I was going to start looking for another job and next thing I know my boss was telling me that they were taking that as my 2 week notice.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Worked for a company in the Quality office for over 3 years, had some health issues and went to the hospital and found I had Crohn's disease. In the subsequent month, missed quite a bit of work due to tests and various reactions to stuff used in the tests, but was covered under FMLA. Had kept in touch with HR and/or my department manager almost daily, per the company's FMLA policy, and FMLA guidelines, no problem.

Got everything straightened out, went back to work the day after the 4th of July shutdown. Got called to HR along with my manager. We both got blindsided with my termination for attendance, in violation of FMLA guidelines, and the company's own FMLA policy. Apparently the manager had been on vacation for a week, and before I left, he had met with HR and they stated when I was back to work, they would have a meeting with me to determine what was going on with me health-wise (if everything had settled down, or needed a leave of absence, or whatever).

As soon as he started his vacation, the HR manager decided to fire me. The same one that caused to company to expand its dress code and safety shoe policy due to repeated violations by her, and who would tell people it was policy not to hire relatives of current employees, but who had multiple relatives working there, one part-time who seemed to only be there when there was a company dinner or cookout of some sort.

Filed a formal complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, was followed up once by a caseworker who said he'd call me in a month to 6 weeks when he finished a couple of other cases and got to mine, to get more details, since he had my supporting documentation (e-mails between me and my manager, timeline of phone calls, paperwork from hospital and doctor, etc.) Never heard from him after that, never could get ahold of him at his direct number, and 11 months after filing, received notification by mail that my claim had been found to be "without merit".

He never spoke with my manager either, because after 2 years, my manager and I still stay in touch. He said the next three people after me they'd hired for the same positions had left due to health reasons, and jokingly asked if I had cursed the job. I told him to ignore the red chalk marking on the underside of the desk, lol.

Thought about filing suit, but a computer upgrade caused me to not get the correct files all backed up, and money up front for a lawyer was something I didn't have.

I loved the job, certain people I worked with, not so much...

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    i used to work at a head shop here in town for around 2 years. i brought in a lot of sales, and also did body piercing. our owner hired a new girl who is just legal tender and had her in for training...well around 3 weeks later i was working a shift with her. (there was only her and i at the store) it was about an hour till closing and we had a lot of people in the store, and also had people come in to get pierced. while i was trying to help everyone and get people's release forms made. our new girl was talking to her friends...not helping the store what so ever. i actually had a few people walk out because i couldnt get to them in time. i fine got this lady to start taking care of the customers while so i could go to the booth and pierce some people. after we got the store closed i told her "hey, earlier we had some people walk out because i couldnt get to them in time, our owner doesnt like it when we lose sales and doesnt put up with it" i said this nicely and tried to make her understand that theres only 6 people running this store and we all have to carry our weight around here. i did customer sales/ordering prodect sales and invoices. body piercing, closing the store by myself and doing $10,000 cash deposits to the bank.

the next day i work i get a call from our owner for me to come back and talk to him. i wasnt to worried about it cause we are good friends. when i sit down at his desk he proceeds to tell me that i yelled at the new girl in front of the customers and people walked out...this did not happen at all, i talked to her after we closed the store and i told him to look at the cameras and he told me he didnt have to and fired me on the spot. i did so much for that store and spent tons of money and products there before i worked for him. later on i find out that the owners and the new ***** were ****ing and she was living with him. a 37 year old and an 18 year old. i mean power to ya man but dont **** me over cause of a dumb ass reason which isnt true. but i also found out that he was losing money after he let me go. which i found pretty funny. i guess thats what happens when you fire someone who actually works and the only time the ***** works is when shes ****in him and not helping the store.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I was let go at a Mortgage Company because I wouldn't over charge people. I was always dead in the middle with my numbers. They said all I had to do was charge another point and I would be one of the top producers. I explained that there was no need to do that and that I was happy with my income and my consistent place in the middle of the pack. I also explained that I would rather be on the top of "the guy I want to deal with list" than the "top producer list" and they decided that due to my soul being intact I would have to find other employment.

My next interview was at another top tier mortgage company. The owner interveiwed me and asked why I had to leave the other company. I told him that "I am not going to compromise my principles for a paycheck and that I am not going to charge anyone more than my time is worth." He hired me on the spot.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I always tell people that I would never compromise integrity for money. If I was buying a house right now, I would be asking for your information to contact you.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I honestly know a guy who got fired for drinking PEPSI on the job. He drove delivery truck for COCA-COLA. Should have used a can cozy.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I honestly know a guy who got fired for drinking PEPSI on the job. He drove delivery truck for COCA-COLA. Should have used a can cozy.

Truth is stranger than fiction.
    Not so strange...I know a former Pepsi employee in Rome City that experienced the same fate for drinking Coca-Cola while wearing the Pepsi uniform driving truck. Maybe they should have swapped jobs!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I knew a guy that worked at a factory that made soda can lids. They were not allowed to have plastic bottles in the factory.

Top Bottom