• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I have heard alot of doozies. I was a victim of management needing a scapegoat. IMO most middle management are just trying to advance their stalled career and really don't care about their employees. Trying to prove they "can make the big decision" and get that promotion. The ones I have known tend to be miserable bastards.

+ 1 - I've been there and come to the same conclusion.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I got fired a few years ago for costing more than the chinese and indian I.T. people I spent two years training.

I make less now, but I love the fact I support a military facility that trains and supports our special forces guys.

Guns and computers, all day long :patriot:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    :xmad: I'm pissed for you, dude.

And as for my ridiculous reason:
    Meijer of Carmel - rated the worst Meijer to work at due to the shoppers there (no offense. I shop there..... they refer to the rich community there as the difficult ones. i'm poor. =D )

16 months good solid work cashiering and cart gathering (more of the cart gathering than anything else after only 4 months in). Missed 0 days of work, arrived late only once due to a flat tire, which occurred around 12 months into working there.
    One day I'm forced to do carts on a day I was already under the weather a little bit as I have annual sinus infections / head colds. Well long story short, I threw up three times that day. After I threw up a third time I went to the Asst. Manager, who was my direct supervisor and told her. She told me "If you go home, don't come back."

Well, I did. And I didn't. At least not as an employee :)

It was fun, though. I got her old fat ass a write-up when the GM called me asking me why I wasn't in work one day; told him I was fired. He apologized and told me I wasn't - too bad for them I had a job lined up already.
    I had a similar issue at Meijers in Cumberland. I was the only one getting carts from the grocery side on a spring Saturday late morning early afternoon. I went into the office and asked if one of the 3 on the other side of the store could come help me out since they were not as busy. I was told I could handle it. I asked if I could take my break sometime soon and they declined. On my way out of the office I clocked out and went home.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I was let go at a Mortgage Company because I wouldn't over charge people. I was always dead in the middle with my numbers. They said all I had to do was charge another point and I would be one of the top producers. I explained that there was no need to do that and that I was happy with my income and my consistent place in the middle of the pack. I also explained that I would rather be on the top of "the guy I want to deal with list" than the "top producer list" and they decided that due to my soul being intact I would have to find other employment.

My next interview was at another top tier mortgage company. The owner interveiwed me and asked why I had to leave the other company. I told him that "I am not going to compromise my principles for a paycheck and that I am not going to charge anyone more than my time is worth." He hired me on the spot.

Glad to hear that you were able to keep yourself in that job, and got a better one where they don't want you to compromise yourself. The worst job that I had was as a recruiter for the Army (not my choice so much), and the command there did not care anything about you other then if you were producing numbers or not. Did not even care about the people we were putting in, other then the numbers. Being that I knew I was going to go back into the REAL Army, i told them to pound sand many times and got counseled for it. But, I knew that people that I would put in, one day soon might be on the front line and I dont want to read about someone that i knew wouldnt make it, getting others around him (or her, since i put in a couple females too) killed. Granted, you were fired, but since i was in the Army, they couldn't fire me, just tried making my life harder.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    LOL! That's a good one.
    "I'm giving my notice."
    "Oh, yeah? YOU'RE FIRED!"

donald-trump-youre-fired.jpg

It was worse than that. A few weeks after I quit, they mailed me a notice that I was fired!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    We are looking for a plumber but Our outfit is based in Indy.
    PM me with your experience and skill levels, how old, years at the trade, etc.

Wow this is very cool of you. They say where one door closes another opens. Good luck Billy. We are here for you if you need us buddy.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Sorry not a job, but I just wanted to addd this.

So in the 6th grade my math teacher just hated me ( She was also science and I think it was because I questioned global warming ) She never missed a beat to demerit me. Well one day she was talking to her favorite student about one of her test grades. The student is very emotional about these things, she was sobbing. The teacher asked ''How about I suspend Daniel and raise your test grade to make you fell better?'' I was standing right there.

(I ended up getting 2 days of ISS)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

So in the 6th grade my math teacher just hated me ( She was also science and I think it was because I questioned global warming ) She never missed a beat to demerit me. Well one day she was talking to her favorite student about one of her test grades. The student is very emotional about these things, she was sobbing. The teacher asked ''How about I suspend Daniel and raise your test grade to make you fell better?'' I was standing right there.

I see you got an early introduction to the fact that some people simply shouldn't be breathing our air.

Good to see you back. It seems to have been a while. I hope all is well with you.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So yesterday after 4 years of working there I was fired. Earlier that day I had a conversation with another person (one of our venders) whom I have been buddy's with on personal levels, about me looking for another job. I told him that I really wanted to go back into plumbing because it is what I really enjoy doing. He asked me why I was unhappy there, and if it were due to pay. I told him that I didn't think they pay me what I am worth but that wasn't the biggest reason.

I also told him that the main reason was that I didn't like the way things operated there.

Now, my boss already knew that I was looking to get back into plumbing, and had gone for a couple interviews already. No big deal. So about an hour before quitting time yesterday my boss called me into her office. She told me that she thought it was in their best interest that I not work there anymore. And they were letting me go.

Naturally I asked WHY? She replied with " you told a vendor that we don't pay you what you think your worth". And said that was unexceptable. LMAO. I said ok and walked out.

That is absolutely the most redicuolus reason I've ever heard. Now I am aware that she can fire me for no reason at all in IN. but she could have atleast come up with something better then that.

Let's hear some other redicuolus Reasons for being fired.

You have to be carefull about what you say at work or to people in the work environment. I have relatives even that work for the same company I do and I am carefull with what I say to or around them with work stuff...

Last job I was fired really because my boss had no idea what she was doing and took a department that ran great to one that had nothing but problems and violations and decided not to like me and fire me with accusations that she could not prove... One of the best things to happen to me, short drive to current job not long, get up at 7 not 4am, a lot more pay, nobody looking over my shoulder...

Seriously keep quiet about work stuff to people when it comes to things that a boss could take the wrong way.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

I think I've said it before, but you really need to get out of that school my man.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I see you got an early introduction to the fact that some people simply shouldn't be breathing our air.

Good to see you back. It seems to have been a while. I hope all is well with you.

The end of school was hard. Then there was that incident with a watermelon and a bunch of highschool girls

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The end of school was hard. Then there was that incident with a watermelon and a bunch of highschool girls

Just remember that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (even though to tell you the truth, I would have thought I would have been killed off a long time ago judging by how resilient I thought i was or wasn't!).

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had a 10th grade American history teacher that would wake me up and give the class a pop quiz because I had fallen asleep.

Aced them all.

The class hated me. :D
    I had a similar situation! I was a senior, and the history teacher would make me sit in the hall and take tests, as I never brought a book to class, and would usually walk in, and put my head on the desk and go to sleep. I almost always got perfect scores on those tests, and the teacher would be furious that I aced it without ever lifting a finger in class. He insisted I was cheating on the tests, and even stood over my shoulder and watched as I wrote the answers to his silly tests without even thinking much about them. I was always a history buff anyway, and the teacher finally backed off when I informed him that I did a lot of reading on my own, and I didn't need him or the grade he gave me to be knowledgeable in history. Those were different days, when logic and truth ruled.:rockwoot:

Edit to add: That was 28 years ago, and that teacher allows me to shoot on his property now. And we've had a few humorous discussions about my high school years.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I had a similar situation! I was a senior, and the history teacher would make me sit in the hall and take tests, as I never brought a book to class, and would usually walk in, and put my head on the desk and go to sleep. I almost always got perfect scores on those tests, and the teacher would be furious that I aced it without ever lifting a finger in class. He insisted I was cheating on the tests, and even stood over my shoulder and watched as I wrote the answers to his silly tests without even thinking much about them. I was always a history buff anyway, and the teacher finally backed off when I informed him that I did a lot of reading on my own, and I didn't need him or the grade he gave me to be knowledgeable in history. Those were different days, when logic and truth ruled.:rockwoot:

Edit to add: That was 28 years ago, and that teacher allows me to shoot on his property now. And we've had a few humorous discussions about my high school years.

Sounds similar to me. When I told her I had been to Antietam, Gettysburg , Chicamauga and many of the places in the history book the others students could not even pronounce, she layed off of me.:D

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

Wish I was as fourtunate

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    You two should go have a smoke and discuss this like adults.
    Maybe you can get your job back.

Ha ha ha. Lmao. Actually, she was one of the few who besides me were not smokers. I know what you mean by that too. Since all that went down she personally took that issue to the next level. She had me build a covered area and fenced it in and herded all the smokers in like cattle. And made a rule that that area was the only place on the grounds where they were allowed to smoke.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I moved to Indiana to work for an insurance company as an adjuster. About 4 weeks in or so I was getting complaints that I wasn't returning phone calls to people. I asked them to let me know who as I had been calling back everyone who called the cellphone issued to me. At 5 weeks, I was fired for not returning phone calls. Turns out that the guy I had replaced had a voicemail account at an Indianapolis office, and the receptionist was forwarding all my calls to this dead voicemail line I was never informed of and never had a passcode for, despite the fact that I had set up a phone number in Mishawaka at their instruction.

It was a blessing in disguise though. After that I went independent and have my own business now and make a lot more money working a lot less hours and now I fire "bosses".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom