• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Since I've considered this rifle more than once, as has my wife, I'm curious what you didn't like about it?

It was picky with ammo, it didn't have the range of my Omega, which is like walking in the woods with a "real" rifle. I just never had any confidence in it, and the only good thing about them, I got more out of them than I paid. Don't get me wrong, it's a well thought out gun, and reliable, I just didn't like it. I don't particularly hate all H&Rs, just the ones I owned.:rolleyes: If you're going to get a single shot gun, get an Omega, with an Omega scope, shoot 245 grain powerbelts. Zero it with 100gr of Triple Seven, recheck it with 150 grains, and then go hunting. Zero @ 100. NOTHING has ever got up from a hit with my Omega.

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    taurus pro millenium pt145 man that gun jammed all the time after about fifty rounds through it the magazine wouldnt stay in it anymore everytime u cycled it the magazine would fall.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I had a Smith SW99 in 9mm. The pistol felt very comfortable in my hands and looked pretty sharp too. However, I could never get used to the trigger. I'd take it to the range fire off a mag, get frustrated and put it back in the safe for a few months. After which time, I'd forget how bad I shot it previously and do the same thing all over again.

Eventually I smartened up and decided to sell it, knowing that it was something I would never get used to.

Second dud for me is the Glock 23. Nice design, good reliability, but not loving the snap of the subcompact .40 and haven't taken the time to figure out how to shoot it accurately. Seeing how I can shoot other .40s fine and have no problem with other pistol calibers, I decided not to waste my time on the G23 and move on.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Titanium Taurus 850 in .38 +P...itched for 2 years before I had enough $$ to purchase one...had to get it repaired a couple of times before I simply traded it! The mechanism kept jamming while firing...not cool for a carry gun...last Taurus I'll ever buy!

jimd46902

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    I had a Ruger Sp101 .357 mag and the pistol shot 18 inches low at 7 yards... I even got the owner of the range to shoot the revolver... same thing. I sent the pistol back to Ruger, they sent it back and said fixed...went to the range and it was exactly the same. I sent it back with a target and a statement from the range owner. When I got the revolver back it had the front sight filed off to the barrel rib, I was furious and called the service department and asked for the owner... the best I got was the manager and a full refund for the revolver and shipping back and forth. I will never buy another Ruger EVER!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Olympic Arms ar15. My first black rifle. It wouldnt shoot more than 5 rounds with out misfiring. I think they were 500.00 at the time sold it to some guy in North Carolina.:D

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    This goes back a couple of years, but the worst performing gun I ever had was a Remington 7600 Pump Action in .308. It kept having jamming issues. I had several people work on it, but it was never dependable. I moved to a bolt action.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Bersa 380CC
    Walther PK380

Same here. I know Walther has a hard-earned reputation for quality, but for the life of me, I can't find a reliable PPK, or any 380 made by them. Had two now and both were Jam-o-matics. I expected more from Walther, especially for the price I paid for the SS PPK. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what a Bersa 380CC is, but I had a "Thunder" in 380ACP that'd run fine ... for 50 rounds or so.
    But as soon as it got too dirty, every other round ended up in a FTF (to be more accurate; it was actually failing to fully go into battery). This was about a decade ago; when every cop I knew was going ga-ga over Bersa Thunders.
    I think I could've made it reliable by buffing out and deepening the chamber by .008 or so (I'm sure the case-mouth was seating when it got too dirty), but I would've never really trusted the pistol again.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Same here. I know Walther has a hard-earned reputation for quality, but for the life of me, I can't find a reliable PPK, or any 380 made by them. Had two now and both were Jam-o-matics. I expected more from Walther, especially for the price I paid for the SS PPK. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what a Bersa 380CC is, but I had a "Thunder" in 380ACP that'd run fine ... for 50 rounds or so.
    But as soon as it got too dirty, every other round ended up in a FTF (to be more accurate; it was actually failing to fully go into battery). This was about a decade ago; when every cop I knew was going ga-ga over Bersa Thunders.
    I think I could've made it reliable by buffing out and deepening the chamber by .008 or so (I'm sure the case-mouth was seating when it got too dirty), but I would've never really trusted the pistol again.

The Bersa 380 CC is a chopped down version of the Thunder 380 for easier CC. If your experience with Bersa is a decade old, I would bet a new one would change your mind.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    A Armalite target .223. This rifle would not shoot into less that 4 inches at 100 yards regardless of ammo or shooter. Sent it back and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Sent it back to me and had the same problems. I offered to drive it to their location and watch them shoot it into a sub MOA group. They simply refunded my money. I do have one of their short ARs that shoots very well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa 380 CC is a chopped down version of the Thunder 380 for easier CC. If your experience with Bersa is a decade old, I would bet a new one would change your mind.

Over all, the Bersa 380s have a good reputation and when mine works, I love it. It's truly a love/hate relationship though, as I have two Bersa 380s and both have had the disconnector spring fail. The first one was back from the warranty center in Colorado in a week and has been great since. The second has been gone almost 2 months and I'm hating that fact. One the second one, the warranty center decided to replace the whole gun due to a looser than spec barrel pin and that seems to take a while. They have great customer service (even if a bit difficult to get status updates from) but it sucks to have it gone for so long.

If you have one of the new ones that does not have the weak disconnector spring, they are fantastic to shoot.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Over all, the Bersa 380s have a good reputation and when mine works, I love it. It's truly a love/hate relationship though, as I have two Bersa 380s and both have had the disconnector spring fail. The first one was back from the warranty center in Colorado in a week and has been great since. The second has been gone almost 2 months and I'm hating that fact. One the second one, the warranty center decided to replace the whole gun due to a looser than spec barrel pin and that seems to take a while. They have great customer service (even if a bit difficult to get status updates from) but it sucks to have it gone for so long.

If you have one of the new ones that does not have the weak disconnector spring, they are fantastic to shoot.

2 Months is horrible. Get a Hi-Point. Even if replaced it only takes a couple weeks tops. They have a great warranty and good service.

They ought to pay you for keeping your gun that long. What good is a firearm that you can't use because the company has it?

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    AMT Hardballer Longslide that wouldn't feed anything including hardball even after reworking the feed ramp. Never got a full magazine to cycle through that gun. Traded it for a Ruger Blackhawk 357 maximum.

stanicus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wather PPK.
    I always wanted one and bought one for CC. It bit real the web of my hand between my thumb and index finger. Also doesnt have a separate magazine and slide release. Magazine would fall out while shooting. I took it back and traded it for Bersa Thunder .380. Bersa is a much better firearm. A very balanced gun. I now have the Firestorm 9 Mini Pro as well.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Browning Citori, skeet and trap both. Bought them in the mid 80's when I was into trap & skeet pretty heavy. I liked to shoot fast and they threw my timing off. :dunno: Wish I had them back for what I paid then. :)

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I was into guns when i was younger 12-15yrs old. Last spring at 32 i decided to get a handgun for defence. So i went to the gun show in richmond last spring. I looked around, and saw a great deal on Jimenez Arms JA NINE(200$ new). I asked th guy behind the counter if they were any good. He said they were great and he shot them all the time, So i bought one. It jammed every other shot, no matter what ammo i used. Then the frame cracked after 200 rounds. So i got in touch with Jimenez arms and they had me send it back. I had to pay for shipping.(50$ fedex) Since the frame was cracked they sent me a new gun, so i had to have it shipped to an ffl as it was a "new gun" another 30$(transfer fee) This gun was worse than the original, it looked used and again wouldnt shoot more than 1 or 2 rounds without jamming. I called Jimenez arms and they said to send it back. now this gun was quickly turning into a money pit for me so i decided to instead sell it at the indy 1500. Of course everyone knows what POS they are and wouldnt buy it. Then i come to a table that has some for sale. I ask himif hes interested , he said"ya aint gonnna like what i offer" and offered me 100$ for it. I took it. While he was digging out the $ i realized that this was the guy i bought it from originally!! I couldnt believe it. Karma i guess. I looked into Jimenez arms and i found out they are the reincarnation of Jennings/bryco/etc. Apparently they were making pistols in California but they wouldnt pass the safety test. So they moved to Nevada where there is no safety test. I have read noting but bad things from other owners(slides cracking and hitting shooters in the face was the one i read most. Im sure most of you allready know JA is crap. But for those of you who don't. Run don't walk away from these dangerous POS.
    When I was looking for my first handgun-a local pawn shop owner tried to pull the same swindle on a Jimenez he was trying to sell. I paused(thank God)-came home and looked up jimenez on internet and never returned. I would never even buy ammo from him after that-don't give dishonest merchants a second chance to screw this old man.:D

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    HK USP. I bought one when they first came out. Hate the mag release, dropped mag when carrying a couple times. Mine was in 40. Not my favorite as it killed the 10 which I really like.

I had a kahr mk40 that Didn't stay long. To heavy and no fun to shoot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom