• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This just arrived yesterday. Mossberg Model 46B, post-war model, probably made in late 1945 or 1946. I was actually looking for a Model 44 on gunbroker when I happened across this one. My very first .22 as a kid was a 44 (only paid 50 bucks for it back then :faint:), but this one caught my eye. Tube magazine holds 20 rounds of 22lr, or 30 rounds of 22 short. Trigger is adjustable from 2.5 - 5 lbs., but I probably won't mess with it as it seems plenty light as it is.

IMG_2398_zpsc77db1e7.jpg

IMG_2399_zpsead945a4.jpg

IMG_2400_zps6503a624.jpg

IMG_2397_zps97f2a03f.jpg

IMG_2401_zps93b83db2.jpg

IMG_2402_zps48902632.jpg

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Nice grab! These old Mossberg .22's are overlooked gems. Many of them have been well cared for, and are very accurate. They feed reliably, and a new shooter can learn quickly with the peep sights, with good results that will build their confidence.

Mossberg's slogan was "More gun for your money", and that was and is true.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice grab! These old Mossberg .22's are overlooked gems. Many of them have been well cared for, and are very accurate. They feed reliably, and a new shooter can learn quickly with the peep sights, with good results that will build their confidence.

Mossberg's slogan was "More gun for your money", and that was and is true.

Well, I wish the 44's were a little more overlooked... With what has happened to their prices, somebody is definitely looking at them! :): I do think I'm going to order that scope mount from Numrich that I sent you the link for. I like that I won't have to alter the rifle to scope it.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Well, I wish the 44's were a little more overlooked... With what has happened to their prices, somebody is definitely looking at them! :): I do think I'm going to order that scope mount from Numrich that I sent you the link for. I like that I won't have to alter the rifle to scope it.

Havlin Sales has lots of parts for Mossburg and a very good scope mount.

Havlin Sales & Service - Mossberg Gun Parts

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Is Havlin's trigger guards original or new production? My 44US has the pinky grove broken off at the screw. My understanding is that the broken trigger guards/finger grooves are common with these. Is there any new production stuff that has a more modern plastic that doesn't break as easily?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is Havlin's trigger guards original or new production? My 44US has the pinky grove broken off at the screw. My understanding is that the broken trigger guards/finger grooves are common with these. Is there any new production stuff that has a more modern plastic that doesn't break as easily?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that they are new production, just because I wouldn't think there would be that many original parts still around. I imagine you could contact them to find out.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    That is going to be fun to shoot, Jim. Other than a Winchester 52, with that micro motion trigger, I have never owned a target style rim fire that I could shoot more accurately. Perhaps you will stumble across a scope from the same era, at the 1500 or somewhere. An old Lyman or something would be cool, on that rifle!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is going to be fun to shoot, Jim. Other than a Winchester 52, with that micro motion trigger, I have never owned a target style rim fire that I could shoot more accurately. Perhaps you will stumble across a scope from the same era, at the 1500 or somewhere. An old Lyman or something would be cool, on that rifle!
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to it Dan. I picked up an old Bushnell Banner II scope on ebay yesterday. It's not period-correct, but it's very similar to the scope I had on my model 44 as a kid. I'll still be keeping an eye out for something a little more "vintage" though. I have a Weaver K4 on another rifle that I may end up switching to this one. :)

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Thought I would post pics of this beauty. I think its a 46M . I didn't even look lol. I had an ongoing project of a Mossberg 46m and I had told my uncle this when I visited. He just happen to have one for sale so I picked it up. It has 2 front peep sights of different diameters which u can pop up and came with what I believe to be the original scope and mount.

100_4342_zps357fa25a.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

100_4341_zps7471f4da.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Thought I would post pics of this beauty. I think its a 46M . I didn't even look lol. I had an ongoing project of a Mossberg 46m and I had told my uncle this when I visited. He just happen to have one for sale so I picked it up. It has 2 front peep sights of different diameters which u can pop up and came with what I believe to be the original scope and mount.

Very nice, saberstar. I like the Mossberg "m" rifles, they are really distinctive. I have a 151m, the semiauto version of your 46m. They are great rifles for the money.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very nice! I like those full length stocks too! :yesway:

Top Bottom