• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I bought one last spring with no regrets. I paid $140 for it but I didn't have to clean cosmoline off of it so it was worth it to me!

However, I haven't bought another one. One was enough for me!

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Bad enough i didn't buy 1 i bought 2 and have been modifying one over to a more modern look with the ATI stock and Rock Solid industries motified bolt! What a fun gun to shoot and start tinkering with Gun smithing. I am almost done will be posting pictures later.

BIGSHIVES1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I just purchased one from Dunham's for $89.99 and was pretty impressed. Rock solid, cheap and fun to shoot!!!

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I've never been a Mosin fan.

I understand why they are popular, they shoot good, are inexpensive, and ammo is readily avaliable. They also kick like a mule and I don't care for the straight bolt handle.

They just aren't my cup of tea.

If you want a cheap shooter that can also be used as a club or spear, then I say go for it. If you get one, and don't like it, you can always sell it for about what you paid.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Tyrusvirus1 (et alia),

I love my Mosins! They are fun to shoot.

Avoid Czech ammo. I don't think it is too plentiful anymore but sticky bolt is a pain!

If you do decide to get a Mosin remember: New ammo is fine; Old ammo is fine BUT you MUST clean out the salts after every time at the range! I have no problem w/ surplus ammo but you will need to find a way to clean the bore or else lose the bore over time.

Buy one and enjoy. Then you will buy more and enjoy. Then you will be the like rest of us who started with just one...

Regards,

Doug

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Had one, shot it twice and sold it.

Me too, just kinda meh to me. My thing was if I wanted to put a scope on it, I would have to spend too much to do it. I never much cared for the scout type mounts putting it way far up. They look dumb imo. So that leaves me with needing a mount, new bolt handle, etc and the costs were getting very close to a modern bolt gun.

If you want to keep it irons, cheap ammo and cheap gun. But was not overly fun for me other than a big bang. I can get a big bang in a better gun too.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I guess I don't understand the "Kicking like a mule" or the "Heavy recoil" comments. I have three of them and shoot them on a regular basis, everytime I get them out my 11 year old son goes nuts and wants to shoot first. He can easily shoot my 91/30's and my M44.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    I guess I don't understand the "Kicking like a mule" or the "Heavy recoil" comments. I have three of them and shoot them on a regular basis, everytime I get them out my 11 year old son goes nuts and wants to shoot first. He can easily shoot my 91/30's and my M44.

exactly i dont understand those comments either

Top Bottom