• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    So I got a Gander Mountain giftcard for Christmas this year and went in to see what I could get. I'm in the market for a new gun and was wanting to fondle some ladies from the case in there. I would never buy a gun from there but they do have a nice selection. Nevertheless, I at least wanted to get my hands on something. So I grabbed a number and waited. And waited, and waited. I think it was around 30 minutes until someone finally responded when I asked to see something and I was promptly told they were too busy to help. I just tossed my number on the counter and walked out. Screw 'em. I wasn't going to spend any money there anyway, but they didn't know that. (edited for language) Hopefully I can sell or trade my giftcard because I won't spend a dime in there. Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Its your choice to take your business where you feel most comfortable spending your money...plenty of options available!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Kind of funny though, that you actually truthfully had no intention of buying a gun from them, but was willing to take up the sales clerks time. Maybe they could read your mind or something. If that's the case, I'm definitely staying away from them (or wearing my foil hat), because I have lots of secrets.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, since presumably your gift card was purchased and not stolen, they already have their money... :dunno: I'd find something that was of equal value to your gift card and get it. Or sell it... either way, you're not hurting them any.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I guess I don't get it. Why would a person go into a store where they do not intend to spend money and then publicly complain about how they were treated ? Seems like a waste of time to go some where you do not plan to buy from. And if you are just using the store as a "test drive" for guns and then buying them elsewhere that makes even less sense. The place oyu buy the guns does not have them in stock ? So Gander is just supposed to be open for your whims ? Wow.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess I don't get it. Why would a person go into a store where they do not intend to spend money and then publicly complain about how they were treated ? Seems like a waste of time to go some where you do not plan to buy from. And if you are just using the store as a "test drive" for guns and then buying them elsewhere that makes even less sense. The place oyu buy the guns does not have them in stock ? So Gander is just supposed to be open for your whims ? Wow.

Gander has the best selection of any of the gun stores around here. You can go in and coonfinger it and then order it from your LGS or buy it online. Makes perfect sense to me. Not the complaining, just the "test drive".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, since presumably your gift card was purchased and not stolen, they already have their money... :dunno: I'd find something that was of equal value to your gift card and get it. Or sell it... either way, you're not hurting them any.

A gift card is on their books as a liability until it's used. They have your money, but it's not in the "asset" column. It's like you've given them an interest-free loan that they haven't repaid yet.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Coonfingering in the GM on Lima Road in the Fort is now officially impossible. Take number, wait your turn . . . give up and leave. I have seen it repeatedly at the store. I go there to compare prices. I know I could do it online, but I like to stop there on the way home from church and after Sunday dinner with Dad at his retirement home. I am only window shopping, so I do not take a number. I do not want to waste the time of the sales crew or the folks who are waiting to pay too much for a weapon.

Last Sunday one salesman did ask me if I needed help. I told him I did not have a number. He asked again if I needed help. I told him, again, I don't have a number. He had to ask a third time before I realized he was actually offering to help me without a number. Seemed like a nice guy, and, based on some comments he made to another shopper, I think he actually knew his stuff. I had to get over the shock before I realized it, though.

Must be hard on the good ones who work there.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I think people may be willing to pay a little more if there was outstanding service considering their excellent selection, but they price over MSRP. I am fine with him checking out the options and buying elsewhere. Can you imagine how much more money they would make if they improved service and used their bulk purchasing power to sell at the best prices around? They are set up to sell huge volume, but try to make a killing off each customer.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

This. So many people on this forum think they are entitled to waste the time of sales people at stores they have no intention of buying anything at. And then they rant about it when the sales people are over burdened with buyers.

If all the jackasses that went into GM without intending to buy anything stopped going in, the people that intend to buy something would probably get a lot faster service. Who is making your wait too long? People just like you, OP.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Gift cards are great for ammo...and that's about all I use them for anymore! Even at Wal-Mart...I just look for things that take expendable cash and spend the card(s) that way! Keeps the $$ in my pocket...and makes the gift card more enjoyable in the long-run!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    OP, where do you work so we can all come in a waste your time with no intentions of buying your product or services?

Top Bottom