• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Oh wait oh wait I know this, I just heard it on TV...

some ugly old broad told me what was it.......

Registration!

CARTOON%20relax1.jpg

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    There are people here that wont take a SHOWER without a gun on their body, yet will open themselves up to a PERFECT ambush situation?

Do not understand.

Situational awareness. I don't actually have a gun on my body while showering, but it's ready to hand if necessary and the security system will let me know well in advance if someone is approaching the house.

But I meet people in populated public locations and I scope the area out as I am approaching it and I never turn my back on someone. I've bought or sold half a dozen guns a year in this manner the last few years and as of yet haven't met anyone shady. I've met a couple of people who declined to buy after a firm "I'll take it" and tried to talk me down a bit "since we both drove this far" (I didn't, I hate people who play those games, I just leave), but most of the people I've met are decent sorts and we end up talking for a bit.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    WHAT?

You guys aren't really intimating that there might be persons of less than stellar character posting on INGO are you? I've seen people get e-reamed for suggesting that possibility!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You guys aren't really intimating that there might be persons of less than stellar character posting on INGO are you? I've seen people get e-reamed for suggesting that possibility!

Three years ago my daughter was driving me and her newborn son to the Christmas get together. I was buying a knife from Hickman and had her stop so we could pick it up.

She looked at me and said, "Let me get this straight, you are taking your daughter and grandson to meet some guy from the Internet to buy a weapon?" :laugh:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I've sold a couple of guns and other items through the classifieds here and have never had an issue. All of the people I have met here were good guys. Some didn't have time to chat and others had time to burn. The last gun I sold was to a police officer. Neither of us had anything pressing going on that afternoon, so I bet we chatted for 30-40 minutes before we left. He was a pretty cool guy. Now with that being said you never know what you may get in to, so that's why I meet in public places and make sure I'm very aware of what's going on around me.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I pay alot of attention to post count, quality of posting, and if they have a phone number, good location, and their rep and feed back... it tell alot in its own. i refuse to drive an hour and hope someone will show up. been there and done that!

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Ha! Frank-N-Taunt! :):

I've met lots of great people through the Classifieds here on INGO. Never felt threatened or nervous. I am always armed during transactions and would expect the person I'm meeting to be the same.

This SHOCKS me. I am shocked and amazed.

You are one of the most paranoid and shifty old basterds I know <and I love that about you, you wonderful wonderful man> I am absolutely shocked you are totally OK with meeting some guy somewhere, where he KNOWS you have either a significant amount of cash, the time you are going to be there, and a firearm is involved.

If I wanted to murder/rob someone blind I could not imagine a better way to do it.

Join INGO, get 50 posts, setup a trade of a expensive rifle, have my buddy hit you in the back of the head with a bat, and voila.

My brand new gun with no backround check because after all, I am a felon, and off to the races!

No thanks. I will take my money first please, and then mail my gun to your FFL.

Its just.... easier.

There are people here that wont take a SHOWER without a gun on their body, yet will open themselves up to a PERFECT ambush situation?

Do not understand.

I have done a ton of craiglist transactions FTF. Always good times...but that doesnt mean i go in blind, nor does it mean that my fingers arent tickling my 1911.

Be smart, be situationaly aware and if it smells bad dont bite!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Quick question.. am I the only one that sells my guns on Gunbroker and NOT on here?

Simply because I can mail it off AFTER I get the money and not meet some guy I dont know somewhere with a fistfull of cash and a gun?

This would seem yet ANOTHER reason to use a transaction type site, to eliminate the "flake" aspect.

I prefer the FTF side of using ingo. Never ever had an issue.
    The flakes are a lot of the new 50 post guys I am thinking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Situational awareness. I don't actually have a gun on my body while showering, but it's ready to hand if necessary and the security system will let me know well in advance if someone is approaching the house.

But I meet people in populated public locations and I scope the area out as I am approaching it and I never turn my back on someone. I've bought or sold half a dozen guns a year in this manner the last few years and as of yet haven't met anyone shady. I've met a couple of people who declined to buy after a firm "I'll take it" and tried to talk me down a bit "since we both drove this far" (I didn't, I hate people who play those games, I just leave), but most of the people I've met are decent sorts and we end up talking for a bit.

This is the experience I have had for the most part. If the buyer says "On inspection" I will let him have his moment with the piece but I am straight up with my description on any gun I sell and most are 100%. Only one issue with a bargain hunter and he ended up paying the agreed price.
    I have never gotten a bad vibe from anyone I have sold or bought from on Ingo. Always good conversation and sharing experiences. Some have become friends.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    From the perspective of a newbie. Fairly new here but have done 3 FTF and one FFL purchases with INGO members. I never went armed and trusted the person I was meeting FTF was a stand up guy just from his activity on this forum. Matter of fact I met 42769vette at one FTF with another member and he is in now in my card file as a valuable resource for optics.:) Hi Alan see you at the Indy show! All in all I have been very grateful with all the people I have met here and their willingness to do business with me. This a supper place to network and find the information you need from those who have been there, done that.
    I am a man of my word and take that very seriously and expect the same in return. Punctual at the meeting place with what I promised in hand and you can bank on that. Sorry to hear some of you have had problems with other members.:ingo:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've done probably a dozen transactions, and all went perfectly smooth. If we were doing something illegal or super expensive, I'd be nervous, but a fellow LTCH and INGO member buying/selling/trading for $500 isn't a problem for me. If they want to strong arm me, they can have the $500, I won't fight, but they'd get caught, because we meet in public where there are cameras, and plus the INGO account can be traced....

That being said, I prefer trades. Mainly because they are more profitable, but also prove the other party has skin in the game.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I prefer FTF INGO members. I usually read their posts first though to get an idea of who the person is, and how comfortable I might be in the transaction. I guess I am paranoid like that.
    But my practice of only dealing with people who've complained in the 'your 50 post rule sucks' thread hasn't steered me wrong yet!!! :D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You know, I'd say it is like selling a used car. The buyer could jack you and drive off without paying, or the seller could jack you and take your cashier's check. But we have all sold used cars, or similar, and that was to total strangers. At least on INGO people have history and ratings.

Top Bottom