• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder, with the fever pitch of activity in the INGO classifieds, has anyone noticed more less-than-reliable folks involved in transactions?

I got a PM recently letting me know my calling "2nd in line" ended up with getting the stuff for sale after the "buyer" flaked. Is this happening frequently?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    yep, I rarely use the classifieds, but this month Ive listed ALOT. not because the buying panic, but because I'm trying to sell some stuff I dont need to free up funds for a larger purchase.

Ive had 2 buyers flake out on my items and in the last ? years on ingo ive never had it happen before.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Quick question.. am I the only one that sells my guns on Gunbroker and NOT on here?

Simply because I can mail it off AFTER I get the money and not meet some guy I dont know somewhere with a fistfull of cash and a gun?

This would seem yet ANOTHER reason to use a transaction type site, to eliminate the "flake" aspect.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Quick question.. am I the only one that sells my guns on Gunbroker and NOT on here?

Simply because I can mail it off AFTER I get the money and not meet some guy I dont know somewhere with a fistfull of cash and a gun?

This would seem yet ANOTHER reason to use a transaction type site, to eliminate the "flake" aspect.

You scared bro? You carry a gun too don't you? ;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love the classifieds.

Good for you though for selling your $50 magazines and $5000 rifles there so as not to insult Hoosiers intelligence. I hate wading through that ****. :):

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

I dont even have a gun broker account. Im not saying its a bad idea, id just rather deal with somone FTF vs mail it off

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Not only with guns I've noticed but with almost anything in general now. I've had multiple people either I've contacted about a truck or they contacted me through an ad and we'll arrange to meet and POOF they disappear. That, or my dad will flake to meet someone. Just can't win.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've met lots of great people through the Classifieds here on INGO. Never felt threatened or nervous. I am always armed during transactions and would expect the person I'm meeting to be the same.

Me too!
    Funny story:
    The INGOer I recently met in a parking lot was the second car I asked "Are you Mike(fake name)?" The first car a guy with a young daughter inside said, "No, but there is a car with a guy waiting on something 3 rows behind me and two to left." :laugh: He must have been one of us too.

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

Good for you though for selling your $50 magazines and $5000 rifles there so as not to insult Hoosiers intelligence. I hate wading through that ****. :):

I would reply, but I am too busy counting my wads of caysh. :)

pile-of-money.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

This SHOCKS me. I am shocked and amazed.

You are one of the most paranoid and shifty old basterds I know <and I love that about you, you wonderful wonderful man> I am absolutely shocked you are totally OK with meeting some guy somewhere, where he KNOWS you have either a significant amount of cash, the time you are going to be there, and a firearm is involved.

If I wanted to murder/rob someone blind I could not imagine a better way to do it.

Join INGO, get 50 posts, setup a trade of a expensive rifle, have my buddy hit you in the back of the head with a bat, and voila.

My brand new gun with no backround check because after all, I am a felon, and off to the races!

No thanks. I will take my money first please, and then mail my gun to your FFL.

Its just.... easier.

There are people here that wont take a SHOWER without a gun on their body, yet will open themselves up to a PERFECT ambush situation?

Do not understand.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...If I wanted to murder/rob someone blind I could not imagine a better way to do it.

Join INGO, get 50 posts, setup a trade of a expensive rifle, have my buddy hit you in the back of the head with a bat, and voila.

My brand new gun with no backround check because after all, I am a felon, and off to the races!...

The only way to stop a bad guy with at gun is...??? ;)

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The only way to stop a bad guy with at gun is...??? ;)

Bring 6 friends with guns? Make sure they scout the area?

LOL.

Surely in one of the eleventy hundred tactical classes you have attended they SURELY dont condone this sort of dangerous activity without at least a squad of militia accompanying you?

Top Bottom