• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kel-tecfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    I did not proceed because I wasn't certain what the legal aspect. I contacted my district representative Erin Houchin via her website to see if she could find out who placed it there and if it's legal. Indiana passed the permit less carry bill HEA 1296-2022, about two years ago.

IMG_4414.JPG

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Your answer is on the sign
    1717163262041.png
    327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks. (a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless: (1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer; (2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites; (3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or (4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.

(b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    So? Carry concealed and nobody would be the wiser. If you need it for some homeless meth addict camping in the weeds, you can worry about the fallout later. Better to have and not need then need and not have...
    It is not a good idea to advocate knowingly breaking the law. Up to 6 months in jail if caught.

327.25 Violations of rules and regulations.
    (a) Any person who violates the provisions of the regulations in this part, other than for a failure to pay authorized recreation use fees as separately provided for in § 327.23, may be punished by a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for not more than six months or both and may be tried and sentenced in accordance with the provisions of section 3401 of Title 18, United States Code. Persons designated by the District Commander shall have the authority to issue a citation for violation of the regulations in this part, requiring any person charged with the violation to appear before the United States Magistrate within whose jurisdiction the affected water resources development project is located (16 U.S.C. 460d).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I actually thought the restriction was removed by executive action around 2020?
    It was supposed to be, even earlier than that, but it fell through. I was camping down there (after I thought it had been changed) and a DNR officer saw me and informed me then that it had not gone through. He was cool about it though. Just had me take it off and put it in my tent.

Top Bottom