• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I actually thought the restriction was removed by executive action around 2020?
    In April 2020, last year of the Trump administration, the Corps of Engineers proposed a rule to allow licensed carry on Corps land. It received well over 8000 comments, mostly in favor as I recall, then the comment period closed in June 2020. It should have been published in the federal register for a period of time, and then it would have gone into effect.

Instead, they sat on it for months, and finally withdrew it in April 2021, four months after that slobbering demented puppet was installed.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I have no idea what those pictures mean. I did go to school when they taught you how to read and know there is no camping and no swimming.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No idea what you're talking about, but ok.

Do what you want, just be prepared to face the consequences of it instead of assuming you'll get away with it. Either choice involves risk.
    The dapper squirrel is right. There are folks that knows this firsthand. "What Da Man doesnt know, wont hurt me." Until Da Man gets invited in on an unrelated matter.

Like the grow operation that gets busted because the homeowner has a heart attack on his couch.

You never know when something comes up and TPTB find what youve been hiding.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Sparked a bit of interest and found these related articles ..............

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    IF you are worried about it, simply call USACE at Monroe Lake or stop by their office at the dam. You can then apply for a written letter of permission from USACE Louisville District for you to carry at Monroe or any other USACE reservoir in Indiana. It's a simple process.

Have you ever done that? I'd be extremely surprised if they granted permission to carry, but I guess you never know unless you tried...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    so you can carry at the lake but not at the dam.....so how close to the dam can you get in your boat before your breaking the law???

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    so you can carry at the lake but not at the dam.....so how close to the dam can you get in your boat before your breaking the law???
    No.

Lake Monroe is owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and managed by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Lake Monroe (also known as Monroe Reservoir) is the largest man made body of water in Indiana at 10,750 acres. The watershed drainage area for Lake Monroe is 441 square miles and discharges into Salt Creek. The watershed sits in five counties including Monroe, Brown, Lawrence, Jackson and Bartholomew.

The Lake was built in 1964 and filled with water in 1965 by the Louisville District of the Army Corps of Engineers and designed originally for flood control for the White River. The Lake is 538 feet above sea level and is 35-40 feet deep. The spillway is 556 feet above sea level.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you fish during hunting season (any hunting season, except deer season, really) and have the proper hunting license/stamp, just carry a long gun. No problem! :thumbsup:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you fish during hunting season (any hunting season, except deer season, really) and have the proper hunting license/stamp, just carry a long gun. No problem! :thumbsup:
    That comment was kind of tongue in cheek, but technically correct I believe. Some hunting laws are just silly here. Not allowing rifles on public ground for deer although you can hunt squirrels with a 30-06 if you want to for example.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    That comment was kind of tongue in cheek, but technically correct I believe. Some hunting laws are just silly here. Not allowing rifles on public ground for deer although you can hunt squirrels with a 30-06 if you want to for example.
    You can use Rifles on public land for deer but it has to be a certain case length and bullet diameter!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom