• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    It's never been that way in Marion County. Ever.

Edit to clarify:
    IPD/IMPD use the a,b,d, etc plus three numbers to signify their "unit number" unless it's a k9 officer, and then it is k_ _. The Letter involved is not based on their last name. Marion County Sheriff's Office uses S_ _ _. (all of these numbers, of course, can be shortened with higher rank.

My mistake. The years have not been good to me. My radio (unit number) was 957. My ID (can not remember what it's called) was P + last 4 of my SSN. That is the number the OP should ask for.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You know - I really don't mind the threads getting "Jacked" here on INGO because I find that when peoples true passions comes out, the threads can get very interesting and most of you, as I do, enjoy reading about them.

What I find funny is when I have to scroll back up the top and read the thread title to find out which thread that I am actually in. (Like now).

I truly appreciate that here on INGO, we have people that normally wouldn't open up on any subject to anyone, feel that they can openly converse in discussions and safely argue about issues that they feel so strong and deep enough, to come forward out of their caves and honor us with their opinions and beliefs.

Even though they are completely full of S*** and absolutely wrong. :D

Thank You INGO. :rockwoot:

BTW - So you don't have to scroll to the top, this thread is the "Monroe County Sheriff R. Putz -1

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I don't bother scrolling. I just look to the top of my browser. it has the page name on it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I scrolled up and double checked for myself just in case you were

...you know, completely full of S*** and absolutely wrong. :):

I was originally going to list another thread title there altogether. But I decided to be nice..............this time. :)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Personally, I will never openly carry my firearm in public. You are really asking for trouble. I do know that people get "freaked out" when someone carries openly in a public place, but most people will never confront the person carrying. There are too many crazy people out there and people will usually just try to create some distance and question why someone would do that. I think people generally question the carriers ego at that point.

Please do our mothers and sisters a huge favor and NOT carry openly in public. It scares the hell out of them!

As far as law enforcement goes, they have the right to contest people who are carrying to ensure that they have their carry permits. In this situation, I'm sure that the incident wouldn't have lasted that long, but the poster pushed the issue and tried to correct the officer...

A little advice for future contacts is to let the officer think that he's right and move on. You're only inviting unnecessary trouble by pushing the issue and that's when they start probing for anything wrong.

What's the purpose of open carry anyway? To intimidate or scare people? Sorry, but I just don't get it. We're all big boys here and we shouldn't have to show our guns in public to let people know that we are constitutionally allowed to carry these weapons.

Anyone who openly carries will probably get attention...but probably not the kind that they want. NEVER draw attention to yourself. You're asking for trouble.

DK598, you and your reasoning are exactly the reason I will end up converting to 100% OC! I'm sorry people get scared seeing someone carrying a sidearm openly; I would counter that their reaction is a problem with them and with society in general.

As to letting the officer think he's right, that's bull crap, I will not let someone bully me to make they feel like they are superior! When I OC, it's not a "look at me I'm big and bad because I carry a gun" it's more of "I'm sick of having to scurry in the shadows like a criminal just to make soccer moms feel "safe"! As TF and a few others have pointed out, it's our choice, and it has, at least in my case, nothing to do with looking big and bad. Hell I'm 6'7" tall, 350#, with shoulders that are around 30" across... I don't need anything to make me look big and bad, I intimidate people by walking in a room for chris' sakes! I will tell you that when I OC, I'm even more polite and genial then when I'm CC'ing!

Now in the future, maybe you should actually have a clue about who you are talking about before you start preaching the "truth" of people who OC!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Haha, licking the boots of my master....that's pretty good. But honestly, let the police enforce the laws and lets not be confrontational with them. We don't need any heated arguments with two people carrying firearms. At the end of the day, LE will win and you'll be sitting in jail.

You can lick the boots of the jailers or your cellmates if you like, but I choose not to.

I absolutely hate flamers and I am not trying to flame anything. In fact, I've seen a lot of flaming in this thread. We shouldn't encourage people to be confrontational. It's issues like this that, when get pushed, end up in the state house making stronger gun control laws. We obviously don't want that. LE should be our friends, not enemies. Which side are you on?

So you are all for the LEO's "enforcing" their version of the law? wow, maybe you should move to China.... seems like you want to be ruled.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I've done all that I can do..............sent them a 'nice' email inviting them to the forum to explain the 'law' to us and their reasoning behind finding someone breaking the 'law' and not arresting them but hey..............they must be busy! Prob. that rowdy Mother's Day crowd at the bars!!!

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Sounds like a lot of paranoid people on here thinking that "the man" is out to get them. Get a life and relax a little. No one wants your damn guns!

On the street is not the place to stand your ground. Your congressman is the way to go. Haven't you ever heard about "choosing your battles"? It's common sense people.

It appears that many of the cowboys on here are just looking for a soapbox to stand on or a fight. I guess I'll find a more welcoming forum without a bunch of idiot gunslingers looking for a "showdown at high noon". :ar15:

For those of you that are not waiving your hands in the air at "the man", good for you. I'm sure that many LE officers are members here to.

I guess I'll be reading in the newspapers about some of you morons who get arrested for "making the last stand" for your gun rights. That's got to be the most ridiculous strategy I've ever heard. Change the laws to suit what we want. That's what democracy is all about.

Look out guys, the government is out to get all of us! :laugh:

See all you trigger-happy "Minutemen" later (but not on here)...

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Sounds like a lot of paranoid people on here thinking that "the man" is out to get them. Get a life and relax a little. No one wants your damn guns!

On the street is not the place to stand your ground. Your congressman is the way to go. Haven't you ever heard about "choosing your battles"? It's common sense people.

It appears that many of the cowboys on here are just looking for a soapbox to stand on or a fight. I guess I'll find a more welcoming forum without a bunch of idiot gunslingers looking for a "showdown at high noon". :ar15:

For those of you that are not waiving your hands in the air at "the man", good for you. I'm sure that many LE officers are members here to.

I guess I'll be reading in the newspapers about some of you morons who get arrested for "making the last stand" for your gun rights. That's got to be the most ridiculous strategy I've ever heard. Change the laws to suit what we want. That's what democracy is all about.

Sounds to me like he's taking his ball home and not going to play any more! How sad! Wow I'm hurt..............OK over it......sucks to be him :rockwoot:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Make it 12:30 - I'm a big eater. :):

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

you say to choose our battles wisely...you obviously dont know how to take your own advice

ETA: to me it sounds like your apologies weren't very heart-felt...or is that just me? :dunno:

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Sounds to me like he's taking his ball home and not going to play any more! How sad! Wow I'm hurt..............OK over it......sucks to be him :rockwoot:
    Sounds like it sucks to be you. You're the one that is paranoid about the man coming for you. What militia do all of you belong to? Sovereign state, perhaps? Geez...:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:I think many of you need meds! They do make pills for this problem...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

:popcorn: 5...4...3...2...1...

"We're from the government, and we're here to help you."

Just like a police officer walking into a church and saying, you can't preach here. (It's happened)

Or you getting pulled over and the officer illegally searches your car for hours, only to find what APPEARS to be remnants of some leafy material (It's the Mary Jane, get the SWAT team!), and so you get arrested and hauled off to jail. (it's happened)

Or how about an officer stops you and begins asking you questions, he arrests you and takes you to the station, where more cops ask more questions and put a sheet of paper in front of you and say, "Just sign here." And then you go to prison (It's happened too)

There are many, many examples of LEO's doing their job, doing it properly, and doing it with top notch professionalism. But there are also the rare stories of LEOs who abuse the power given to them, and try to shape the world to what they want by making up laws or codes that they think SHOULD be, or how they individually want to interpret it.

The people of this community recoqnize that fact. And while it is unpalatable to some to even QUESTION an officer's authority, this is not a police state. Police are accountable for their actions. But the other side to that coin is that regular ol' people are accountable too. That's why you don't see 600 reports everynight of some gun nut wacko attacking police departments, schools, or voting booths. They know they are accountable, and hold others in society accountable as well.
    :twocents:

Now quit being a troll...

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OK, now that the whiny baby is going home.

I had planned on taking the complaint into the Sheriff's office today, however yesterday afternoon, my entire family came down with a stomach bug... I'm just now feeling a little better, and not having 15 minute interruptions to my doings now.

I have the complaint filled out, and will be posting it on here in a slightly sanitized version shortly.... don't need my home addy and phone # out here for just anybody! :D

I'm sure there will be a lot of people un-happy with my complaint, and more people upset that I chose to *gasp* openly carry my side arm in the wonderful utopia that is the PRoB!

Personally I don't care. I came on here and posted to let my fellow forum members, and in some cases my friends know what had happened to me that morning. Now, as I've said, and as other's have pointed out, I didn't do everything I should have, and now that I've had a negative experience, I will be getting a 10 - 12 hour digital recorder that is VOX activated and will just have it record all the time, I will also remember next time to verify everything before I post.

Will any of this keep me from OC'ing in the future? Hell no. Will this incident cause me to be more compliant of LEO? Only if they are in the right and the law is being followed.

Am I now considering carrying the IC around on my person to help educated ignorant LEOs? Maybe.

Will any of this prevent me for standing up for my rights, and "correcting" the behavior of those seeking to truncate my rights? In a word, NO!

Now, I feel my only true "crime" in this whole event was carrying my XDm in the factory holster.... gotta get a Henry and/or a Raven soon! :):

Top Bottom