• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Personally, I will never openly carry my firearm in public. You are really asking for trouble. I do know that people get "freaked out" when someone carries openly in a public place, but most people will never confront the person carrying. There are too many crazy people out there and people will usually just try to create some distance and question why someone would do that. I think people generally question the carriers ego at that point.

Please do our mothers and sisters a huge favor and NOT carry openly in public. It scares the hell out of them!

As far as law enforcement goes, they have the right to contest people who are carrying to ensure that they have their carry permits. In this situation, I'm sure that the incident wouldn't have lasted that long, but the poster pushed the issue and tried to correct the officer...

A little advice for future contacts is to let the officer think that he's right and move on. You're only inviting unnecessary trouble by pushing the issue and that's when they start probing for anything wrong.

What's the purpose of open carry anyway? To intimidate or scare people? Sorry, but I just don't get it. We're all big boys here and we shouldn't have to show our guns in public to let people know that we are constitutionally allowed to carry these weapons.

Anyone who openly carries will probably get attention...but probably not the kind that they want. NEVER draw attention to yourself. You're asking for trouble.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Personally, I will never openly carry my firearm in public. You are really asking for trouble. I do know that people get "freaked out" when someone carries openly in a public place, but most people will never confront the person carrying. There are too many crazy people out there and people will usually just try to create some distance and question why someone would do that. I think people generally question the carriers ego at that point.

Please do our mothers and sisters a huge favor and NOT carry openly in public. It scares the hell out of them!

As far as law enforcement goes, they have the right to contest people who are carrying to ensure that they have their carry permits. In this situation, I'm sure that the incident wouldn't have lasted that long, but the poster pushed the issue and tried to correct the officer...

A little advice for future contacts is to let the officer think that he's right and move on. You're only inviting unnecessary trouble by pushing the issue and that's when they start probing for anything wrong.

What's the purpose of open carry anyway? To intimidate or scare people? Sorry, but I just don't get it. We're all big boys here and we shouldn't have to show our guns in public to let people know that we are constitutionally allowed to carry these weapons.

Anyone who openly carries will probably get attention...but probably not the kind that they want. NEVER draw attention to yourself. You're asking for trouble.

Doesn't licking the boots of your masters get old after a while? Or are you just trolling by being deliberately inflammatory?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

THIS is why we need negative rep back...

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

Welcome to INGO...read some, learn some.

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Doesn't licking the boots of your masters get old after a while? Or are you just trolling by being deliberately inflammatory?

Haha, licking the boots of my master....that's pretty good. But honestly, let the police enforce the laws and lets not be confrontational with them. We don't need any heated arguments with two people carrying firearms. At the end of the day, LE will win and you'll be sitting in jail.

You can lick the boots of the jailers or your cellmates if you like, but I choose not to.

I absolutely hate flamers and I am not trying to flame anything. In fact, I've seen a lot of flaming in this thread. We shouldn't encourage people to be confrontational. It's issues like this that, when get pushed, end up in the state house making stronger gun control laws. We obviously don't want that. LE should be our friends, not enemies. Which side are you on?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Haha, licking the boots of my master....that's pretty good. But honestly, let the police enforce the laws and lets not be confrontational with them. We don't need any heated arguments with two people carrying firearms. At the end of the day, LE will win and you'll be sitting in jail.

You can lick the boots of the jailers or your cellmates if you like, but I choose not to.

I absolutely hate flamers and I am not trying to flame anything. In fact, I've seen a lot of flaming in this thread. We shouldn't encourage people to be confrontational. It's issues like this that, when get pushed, end up in the state house making stronger gun control laws. We obviously don't want that. LE should be our friends, not enemies. Which side are you on?

There is no law against carrying openly so any police officer giving a citizen a hard time about it is not enforcing the law and they need to be disciplined for it. As far as which side I am on, my GF is a LEO. I am for the rule of LAW and LAW Enforcement officers also need to follow the LAW, otherwise we have a police state. If you're for a police state then you're clearly not someone for the rule of law.

As far as the rest though, the Open Carry vs Concealed Carry is a VERY inflammatory debate on this site and by your very first post you happened to make just about all of the most flame-worthy statements, so it's up to you to prove you're not a troll.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville

Same old argument gets old real quick....

Don't know where your from, but, I do OC have received no negative reactons from anyone. In fact, over the last two weeks I have been stopped by a couple of LEOs, both asked what I was carrying and then went on thier way. When you OC if go around acting like a cowboy, then you get the attention what you deserve. All you have to do is act normal and no one will give you a second thought. :rockwoot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I would hate to rain on your parade, but it is imperative to understand that people with or without badges who make an attempt to truncate your rights not according to the Constitution or any federal or state law, but according to their own personal opinions and preferences are enemies, NOT friends. Kissing their rear ends will not change that fact. Doing so accomplishes nothing but completing another step in the increasingly short journey from being a citizen to a subject. While I prefer CC based on my personal preferences for tactical reasons, I also stand by the idea that citizens exercising their rights should feel no compulsion to hide in the shadows while doing so acting as if they are spreading a disease. A right you are afraid to exercise can no longer be truly said to be a right.

However, if you prefer to let the police enforce laws they made up on the spot, dare not object, and fear that exercising your rights will lead to hostile legislation, you have a severely distorted understanding of what it means to be a citizen of a free republic rather than a subject. If you are willing to consign yourself to this, I hope your masters treat you kindly.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

:rolleyes: I will carry how I choose you carry how you choose, and leave my mother out of it, my mother will scare you not the other way around.

Go to the OC/CC argument thread and do some homework.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Haha, licking the boots of my master....that's pretty good. But honestly, let the police enforce the laws and lets not be confrontational with them.
    Which "law" was the LEO enforcing? The made up one that says he has the right to ask for identification and detain somebody for exercising their constitional rights?

We don't need any heated arguments with two people carrying firearms. At the end of the day, LE will win and you'll be sitting in jail.
    It's been my experience that most OCrs aren't looking for a "heated argument." What they are looking for is a day when they will be able to exercise their rights without being made a spectacle of, and without LEOs ignoring the constitution and infringing on their rights by starting "heated" and far too often uninformed arguments.

We shouldn't encourage people to be confrontational.

We encourage people to stand up for their rights instead of lying down and letting themselves be rearended by a government who has no problem ursurping those rights. You can do the lying down if you want to, but as for me and my family, it's God first and country second, and I'll be dammed if I will freely and quietly give up the rights that my God has bestowed upon me.

It's issues like this that, when get pushed, end up in the state house making stronger gun control laws. We obviously don't want that. LE should be our friends, not enemies. Which side are you on?

It's issues like this that when law enforcement remains uneducated, our rights are violated. I am on the side of freedom.....which side are you on?

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

you say you encourage people to not be confrontational, yet you are deliberately being confrontational...so which is it?

dk598

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    wow guys, I had no idea how inflamed this topic was. I apologize for taking it into a direction that it shouldn't have gone. No offense was intended. I just voiced my opinion in the wrong thread under what I thought was a relevant topic. I'll end my part of this discussion at this point.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    you say you encourage people to not be confrontational, yet you are deliberately being confrontational...so which is it?

I would say that he has voluntarily joined those mentioned in my sig line, so he must enjoy getting buggered by the .gov.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    wow guys, I had no idea how inflamed this topic was. I apologize for taking it into a direction that it shouldn't have gone. No offense was intended. I just voiced my opinion in the wrong thread under what I thought was a relevant topic. I'll end my part of this discussion at this point.

You are partially correct, at least regarding the OC/CC argument. You will have to move further away than simply a different thread so far as not finding friction with the suggestion that we simply lie down for bad actors with badges, or more official overreaching on the part of the .gov.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Hey, no problem. It's just a topic that many get worked up about. Feel free to read HERE and continue to CC if you so choose. I do; I don't feel the moral obligation to educate others and that is my decision. However, you would be wise to not try to belittle someone else for their chosen method of carry. In fact, many of the OCers on this site do more to aid our 2a cause than you could imagine. Often they show our "mothers and daughters" (women carry too :dunno: ) that there is nothing to be afraid of.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

You thought it relevant to insult a good portion of the Forum you just joined? Really?

You thought it relevant to willingly deny right to others, even though it is legal for them to OC, because YOU don't?

Really?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You thought it relevant to insult a good portion of the Forum you just joined? Really?

You thought it relevant to willingly deny right to others, even though it is legal for them to OC, because YOU don't?

Really?
    Carry on.. Nothing to see here. :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

There is a thread where people discuss the advantages/disadvantages of open carry and concealed carry. It does get passionate.

And, you can be a CCer, and still agree with someone's right to OC. Just as someone who doesn't carry, can support someones right to carry.

The police officer infringed on a right, he was wrong. It has been decided in Indiana a long time ago, and repeatedly reaffirmied.

What if he started frisking every person on the street, and searched their cars, for no reason, except that someone is a criminal, and he minds to find that person?

Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

Top Bottom