• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    OC'ed in Bloomington without issue many times, planning on doing it again tomorrow, guess I'll be bringing a recording device as well.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    "I ask him for his Badge number and he just turns and begins to walk away, I then loudly ask for his badge number, politely of course, and he continues to walk away and re-enters the store."

I do not believe sheriff deputies have badge numbers. Next time, ask for his unit number. It should be the first letter of his last name followed by 3 numbers (LXXX). At least that is the way it was in Marion county a few years ago.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    All, I have editied my original post to strike out a mistaken quote, it is explained in the edit.

Also I am leaving now to head to the Sheriff's office... have to dis-arm before I enter, as it is inside the county building (kind of) and it contains court rooms.

I will be recording everything!.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All, I have editied my original post to strike out a mistaken quote, it is explained in the edit.

Also I am leaving now to head to the Sheriff's office... have to dis-arm before I enter, as it is inside the county building (kind of) and it contains court rooms.

I will be recording everything!.
    Good luck. I'll be interested in the outcome. Hopefully you get the actual events of what happened straightened out and who said what before you fill out a complaint.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "I ask him for his Badge number and he just turns and begins to walk away, I then loudly ask for his badge number, politely of course, and he continues to walk away and re-enters the store."

I do not believe sheriff deputies have badge numbers. Next time, ask for his unit number. It should be the first letter of his last name followed by 3 numbers (LXXX). At least that is the way it was in Marion county a few years ago.

Maybe OP was just returning the favor from the officer calling it a "permit". :):

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Good luck. I'll be interested in the outcome. Hopefully you get the actual events of what happened straightened out and who said what before you fill out a complaint.

thank you... As I stated other than the one mis quote, everything happened as I stated. As to your comment about the actual events of what happened, they are the actual events. I have the complaint next to me getting ready to fill it out. I do not know if you intended your comment to be negative to me in any way, however that is the way I took it. I want to be clear I have the utmost respect for honorable LEOs who uphold the law. However having said that I feel it is my duty to shed light on those officers who abuse their power or authority; not saying that is what Officer Lutz did or did not do, just stating a fact.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    thank you... As I stated other than the one mis quote, everything happened as I stated. As to your comment about the actual events of what happened, they are the actual events. I have the complaint next to me getting ready to fill it out. I do not know if you intended your comment to be negative to me in any way, however that is the way I took it. I want to be clear I have the utmost respect for honorable LEOs who uphold the law. However having said that I feel it is my duty to shed light on those officers who abuse their power or authority; not saying that is what Officer Lutz did or did not do, just stating a fact.
    Did'nt mean it to be negative in any way shape or form. Meant it in all sincerity.

I was just going by the statement you made in your edit. If a complaint is going to carry any weight at all the facts should be as correct as possible before the complaint is filed as to limit contradiction.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did'nt mean it to be negative in any way shape or form. Meant it in all sincerity.

I was just going by the statement you made in your edit. If a complaint is going to carry any weight at all the facts should be as correct as possible before the complaint is filed as to limit contradiction.

Any time you have an incident, you should always write everything down as soon as possible, while it's still fresh in your memory. The longer you wait, the more chance there is to misremember details.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

OK, I just misunderstood you, I apoligize. :dunno:

I'm attempting to get the time line straight in my head... may be off on the order of one or two of the officers comments and my replies. I could kick myself for not having started recording as soon as he approached me!:n00b:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Any time you have an incident, you should always write everything down as soon as possible, while it's still fresh in your memory. The longer you wait, the more chance there is to misremember details.

I tried to... had to drive home first and then spew it out here on the forum as it was the first thing opened on my computer once I woke it up.... from now on, I will press record before they ever even begin to speak to me!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Did this happen before or after the Naked Man incident in Bloomington today? It has to be interesting going to the police station to file a complaint on the same day that happened.

Not sure, I'm thinking it was after... I got the Herald Times text alert on the way home...

It would have been interesting, but I just spoke to the receptionist and was handed the form.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That was my problem. Had I known of lawyers like Guy back when I was 18-21 I would have certainly been able to have a solid case against Brownsburg PD, IPD, and Clermont PD for two different occasions. Now, I know to take notes, recordings, etc.

Top Bottom