• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    in your way of thinking and using the 2nd. the way you are even a bg deserves the right to bear arms. I would hope you disagree with this but if you do, that is a bit hippocritical. you have to admit, not all people are level headed enough to bear arms. and therefore should not be allowed!

A bg? What's that? A bad guy? Are you referring to incarcerated criminals? No, they give up the rights that free men have by commiting some crime, while in prison. All free men, former "bgs" or not, are born with the right to defend themselves. Level headed has nothing to do with it and as I just explained to you, in extroadinarily simple fashion, it's illegal for the government to infringe on that right, due to the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution (the Supreme law of our land). There is no such thing as half-freedom. You either have rights or you don't. If you are commanded to obey someone else, you are a slave. If you defend yourself and forge your own destiny, you're a free person.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I would venture to guess most of us on here do not look like easy pickings. Judging by the nice (and I really mean it, they were all very nice to me) people using the Monon while I was, they probably will never have anything to do with firearms.

you will be surprised, over the weekend I went holster shopping with one of the nice old ladies who wants to walk the trail..

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    A bg? What's that? A bad guy? Are you referring to incarcerated criminals? No, they give up the rights that free men have by commiting some crime, while in prison. All free men, former "bgs" or not, are born with the right to defend themselves. Level headed has nothing to do with it and as I just explained to you, in extroadinarily simple fashion, it's illegal for the government to infringe on that right, due to the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution (the Supreme law of our land). There is no such thing as half-freedom. You either have rights or you don't. If you are commanded to obey someone else, you are a slave. If you defend yourself and forge your own destiny, you're a free person.

Obviously it is not illegal for them to do so......they do it everyday!!!!

And if you are looking for another skinhead to join your militia...I know a few good guys for you... Just PM me

And no there is not half freedoms but there is common sense and it should be used when handing out permits. Quoting 2nd amendment from 200 years ago just doesnt fly in todays society of drug addicts and criminals, and just plain dumbarses.....

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Obviously it is not illegal for them to do so......they do it everyday!!!!

And if you are looking for another skinhead to join your militia...I know a few good guys for you... Just PM me

And no there is not half freedoms but there is common sense and it should be used when handing out permits. Quoting 2nd amendment from 200 years ago just doesnt fly in todays society of drug addicts and criminals, and just plain dumbarses.....

Obviously it is illegal. Do you know how to read? I just cited the 2nd Amendment to our United States Constitution. I just explained to you, since you are clearly ignorant, that our Constitution is the supreme law of this nation. As you said, they clearly infringe on our right to keep and bear arms every day, as well as abridge our freedom of speech, religion, and right to protest. To say that something is obviously legal because it is often done displays exactly how ignorant of an American you are, and I wince at even calling you a fellow American.

And just to rain on your parade of absolute ignorance of all things - here is the definition of militia.

Definition of MILITIA

a : a part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency b : a body of citizens organized for military service

: the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service

If you're able bodied and an American, congratulations, you just joined the militia too.

Drugs and criminals existed 200 years ago too. You need to read up on Common Sense. It might help you out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not sure how I feel about carrying on the Monon. I understand that it will now be legal, but I'm speaking from a practical standpoint. The Monon is what 6 or 7ft wide? I'm wondering how one could adequately defend themselves while traveling upon it. Obviously the vast majority of people one passes on the Trail are strangers. Do you view each and every one of them as a potential threat as they approach? Are bad guys going to "telegraph" their intent from 20 yard up the Trail, or are they going t o wait until they can put "hands on" before revealing their sinister motive? I personally have never carried on the Monon, off-duty, but then again, I don't travel it in the less than desirable areas.
    I've seen tons of sketchy individuals on the Monon, that pass me by paying little or no attention. How does one decide to deal with a potential threat, as it comes closer with each step? Does one stop and stare looking for hand to go to a pocket.........

..........which very possibly could be a pedometer or mp3 player?

And what about the other "normal" people that travel the route? Will this affect their enjoyment of the Monon? Will they think that criminals and wannabee vigilantes will now descend upon their Sunday afternoon walking excursion, and thus avoid it all together? My gut tells me yes.

If you want to carry a gun on the Monon, by all means, do so. But please, let's not make it such a spectacle that those that do not, can no longer enjoy it as well.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.

Stolen but to the point i am trying to make. not all that has a right to carry has the sense to do so and should be taught or forced to be taught how to safely carry and defend. but, if you are alright with a nut with a gun....i guess i am becoming more anti second ammendment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.

Stolen but to the point i am trying to make. not all that has a right to carry has the sense to do so and should be taught or forced to be taught how to safely carry and defend. but, if you are alright with a nut with a gun....i guess i am becoming more anti second ammendment.

That's the way you sound. Keep in mind that you nead to be clear in expressing you words via a keyboard. I understand the point that you were trying to make, but you're coming off as a bit of troll. You would be better off citing the "well-regulated" portion of the 2nd, as possibly support of your point.

For example (for the peanut gallery): If the ability to purchase a firearm was basically a free for all, where any person could by a weapon anywhere, without oversight, where does the "well regulated" part come in? The framers obvious, intentionally, placed that phrase in the text, so in what way could that possibly mean?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Very nicely written article. Thanks for posting.

I had one about 10years ago that would not keep zero, no matter what I tried.

And I guess having 167 posts makes you the boards police officer!!:dunno:
    But thanks for helping me get another towards the classifieds!!! TY

One-liners don't really get you closer to the classifieds.
    YW

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    :popcorn:
    Mr. John Wayne himself right here, cant wait for a bad guy to cross his path so he can gun someone down. they will give any ole douche a ltc. A real leo wannabe!!
    Personally I hope I never need to use my sidearm to defend me or my family but you better believe if i do, there will be one less bad guy with no collateral damages. why? because i have the training and enough range time to hit what I aim at and the sense to look beyond my target and to think while in a bad situation. NOT JUST TO HAVE BLINDERS ON AND JUST WANT TO SHOOT A BAD GUY AN FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN!!!!
    I believe all applying for a permit should have to go thru a safety course of some kind before being approved. Maybe learn to look beyond the target and practice safe gun handling skills.
    But go ahead and bash the new guy with a differewnt opinion than the masses, its okay. I do not need your approval or a new online friend.

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Maybe someone should educate Mr Sgood that we here in Indiana have a License To Carry a Handgun and not a "permit" whatever that is...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mr. John Wayne himself right here, cant wait for a bad guy to cross his path so he can gun someone down. they will give any ole douche a ltc. A real leo wannabe!!

More evidence of trollish behavior. Just sayin'.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    like i said....if you have a different opinion of the masses....

you all seem so well versed in copy and pasting the second, oh and the dictionary...I am amazed at your skill and wisdom

Sorry masta I will conform to your beliefs....please stop the lashings....my trollish hump can not take anymore!

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Well based on how he's presenting himself right now, I'm betting he'll have a difficult time unloading his product unless it is basically given away.

just a quip....I do not sell my guns....I collect! and could really care less about the classifieds.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    like i said....if you have a different opinion of the masses....

you all seem so well vesed in copy and pasting the second oh and the dictionary...I am amazed at your skill and wisdom

Sorry masta I will conform to your beliefs....please stop the lashings....my trollish hump can not take anymore!

:rolleyes:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    For example (for the peanut gallery): If the ability to purchase a firearm was basically a free for all, where any person could by a weapon anywhere, without oversight, where does the "well regulated" part come in? The framers obvious, intentionally, placed that phrase in the text, so in what way could that possibly mean?

"Well regulated" did not mean that the government should regulate the sale of arms. It meant "well equipped". The Second Amendment wouldn't make much sense if it said that the government should regulate the sale and barrel length of arms, but not infringe on the right to keep and bear them. A well regulated militia is a well armed and maintained (trained, like Sgood keeps bringing up, although training is not and should not be a mandate as he/she suggests) militia.

In other words, A well managed and properly equipped group of citizens must have the right to keep and bear arms for the defense and security of their state, in order for it to remain free. Therefore, the government cannot infringe on the people's right to keep and bear said arms.

Your Brady argument is better than SGood saying "that document is old. People no longer need to defend themselves", but it still falls flat on its face.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom