• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Untill the headline reads pregnant woman shot and killed today by a man trying to defend himself during a mugging on the monon trail.

I can see the antigun parades now!!!!

Then hopefully the mugger will be tried for murder.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Untill the headline reads pregnant woman shot and killed today by a man trying to defend himself during a mugging on the monon trail.

I can see the antigun parades now!!!!

Nice first post, but taking that further, since there are some people afraid that an armed honest person could fire at an attacker and miss, then the next best thing would be to provide a number of police at each entry to the Monon. When someone wishes to enter the Monon, they are assigned a police person to go with them and provide instant protection. This way, if attacked and the officer fires the shot that kills that mythical pregnant lady, it would be just considered collateral damage. When there are no police available, no new people could enter the trail until one becomes available.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    What does first post have to do with anything??? Just a question to start a debate.

But, I see you just figure it will be collateral damage! and people wonder why others are anti-gun.

And to make myself clear, I am not, I own firearms for hunting and personal protection and I cc everyday.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The Fantasyland that is the Monon trail. It just happened within the last week, week and a half. The guy was shot a couple times in the legs when he refused to turn over his wallet.

He was shot EIGHT times, below the waist. Including buttocks, knee, ankle, feet, and thighs.

The waste of skin that did it is a 16 year old named Devon Moore. He is being charged as an adult. He owed someone $80 and decided to rob some folks on the Monon at 86th street, in broad daylight.

The alleged shooter

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was assigned to walk it for a few hours today...Started off on 62nd St in Broad Ripple. What a nice walk. It was good to get out of the car and walk for a few miles. I was there with a few Sgt's and I brought up the topic of the new law. They had no idea what I was talking about. I explained that the City can no longer restrict firearms in places that is contrary to State law...city parks was my example. They looked at me and exclaimed, "It's about time!" They are looking forward to the first "victim" setting an example for anyone else thinking of doing the same thing. Doing my part to spread the word. Sadly, these criminals pick easy victims. I would venture to guess most of us on here do not look like easy pickings. Judging by the nice (and I really mean it, they were all very nice to me) people using the Monon while I was, they probably will never have anything to do with firearms.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was assigned to walk it for a few hours today...Started off on 62nd St in Broad Ripple. What a nice walk. It was good to get out of the car and walk for a few miles. I was there with a few Sgt's and I brought up the topic of the new law. They had no idea what I was talking about. I explained that the City can no longer restrict firearms in places that is contrary to State law...city parks was my example. They looked at me and exclaimed, "It's about time!" They are looking forward to the first "victim" setting an example for anyone else thinking of doing the same thing. Doing my part to spread the word. Sadly, these criminals pick easy victims. I would venture to guess most of us on here do not look like easy pickings. Judging by the nice (and I really mean it, they were all very nice to me) people using the Monon while I was, they probably will never have anything to do with firearms.
    Nice job Denny :yesway:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

That's good to hear, Denny. Yeah, I share their opinion about seeing the roles reversed. But I'm not going to be the one looking like easy pickings. :)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What does first post have to do with anything??? Just a question to start a debate.

But, I see you just figure it will be collateral damage! and people wonder why others are anti-gun.

And to make myself clear, I am not, I own firearms for hunting and personal protection and I cc everyday.

I recommend you quit carrying a gun for protection. If you ever use it you might shoot some pregnant woman somewhere, and we don't want to help out the antigunners.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    I recommend you quit carrying a gun for protection. If you ever use it you might shoot some pregnant woman somewhere, and we don't want to help out the antigunners.

Mr. John Wayne himself right here, cant wait for a bad guy to cross his path so he can gun someone down. they will give any ole douche a ltc. A real leo wannabe!!
    Personally I hope I never need to use my sidearm to defend me or my family but you better believe if i do, there will be one less bad guy with no collateral damages. why? because i have the training and enough range time to hit what I aim at and the sense to look beyond my target and to think while in a bad situation. NOT JUST TO HAVE BLINDERS ON AND JUST WANT TO SHOOT A BAD GUY AN FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN!!!!
    I believe all applying for a permit should have to go thru a safety course of some kind before being approved. Maybe learn to look beyond the target and practice safe gun handling skills.
    But go ahead and bash the new guy with a differewnt opinion than the masses, its okay. I do not need your approval or a new online friend.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I believe all applying for a permit should have to go thru a safety course of some kind before being approved. Maybe learn to look beyond the target and practice safe gun handling skills.
    But go ahead and bash the new guy with a differewnt opinion than the masses, its okay. I do not need your approval or a new online friend.

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Your different opinion is unconstitutional. What you are suggesting is illegal at best and in my opinion, treasonous. I don't believe anyone should have to apply for the "permit" to begin with, since we are born with the Right to keep and bear arms, and the Constitution makes it crystal clear that the government is not allowed to infringe on that right, via the 2nd Amendment.

With your backwards anti-freedom attitude, I don't think you have to worry about making any online friends, at least not on INGO. You might want to join a Brady forum or maybe strike up a conversation with the ATF, I'm sure they agree with you that the slaves have to get approval from the King to carry a tool for self defense, only after giving the King more money for "safety" courses :cool:.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    good thing I am not looking for a friend!!! but thanks for the history class but what was right 200 years ago just doesn't seem right, nowadays. especially with all the wannabe leo's out there, there is a reason they flunked out but we will go ahead and give them a permit to carry a firearm. Kinda scary to me.

I do appreciate your opinion even though I do not agree.

I do believe the right to bear arms but do not believe that everyone should be allowed. There are allot of nut jobs out there without a record.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    And as far as carrying a tool for self defense......you should have that with you at all times!!! On top of your shoulders.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do believe the right to bear arms but do not believe that everyone should be allowed. There are allot of nut jobs out there without a record.
    You believe that right's should be selective and only apply to certain people? And who's the one to determine who and who should not be allowed those right's?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    in your way of thinking and using the 2nd. the way you are even a bg deserves the right to bear arms. I would hope you disagree with this but if you do, that is a bit hippocritical. you have to admit, not all people are level headed enough to bear arms. and therefore should not be allowed!

Top Bottom