• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I also live in Indiana and work in Louisville. Things have gotten interesting downtown. I have a few friends that are LMPD and they are getting a ton of OT patrolling Waterfront Park. I believe a few guns were found on some of the kids. I don't usually go downtown but the area is nice.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    I live in poo Albany and can't stand any of these cities. If this were done by white people it would have been national news and Mr o would sentence us all to death.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I live in poo Albany and can't stand any of these cities. If this were done by white people it would have been national news and Mr o would sentence us all to death.

Well, historically speaking, when it did happen the mob was hailed as heroes. So I'll say you're probably wrong.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well, historically speaking, when it did happen the mob was hailed as heroes. So I'll say you're probably wrong.

Not really....The same way 95% of Muslims do not think of Terrorists as Heroes...But Whites, like many Muslims today, did not come out and condemn the attacks publicly...I think in the case of Muslims there is an element of fear that keeps them from speaking out whereas in the case of white lynch mobs it was more a case of sticking their heads in the sand...I.E. "It ain't my business."

I think we could all agree that if 200 white teens from Rural Southern Indiana and Kentucky went on a spree attacking folks of colour randomly that there would be a National News Story and we would be hearing from Rev. Sharpton, the POTUS, Jesse Jackson etc....

All offered IMHO ofcourse.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If you're an armed bystander, how do you approach the situation?
    Well, since I'm not sure your question was really answered, I'll give it a try.

Remember that this is immediately a 'disparity of force' issue, and a serious one. Whether or not they have any weapons. You're not going to stand and 'duke it out' with 200 mobsters (or 50 or 20), neither am I, neither is anyone else, period.

If you find yourself in the middle of such a scenario (hopefully, that never happens) in a store, walking down the street, whatever, IMO you should have gun in hand at that point, and look for (or create) an 'escape route' for yourself and whomever is with you. Highly unlikely anyone carries sufficient quantities of ammunition (even with 40 - 50 rounds) to 'go to war' with a mob that size. And whether or not Kentucky has a 'stand your ground' law (not sure), it's irrelevant, and much more judicious (and defensible in the courtroom, in that event) to bid a safe retreat.

JMO.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Top Bottom