• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I live in Jeff but work in Louisville. I usually carry a lightweight .38 or my 3" SP101 but think I might need to go with something a little bigger and higher capacity... Although 5 shots of .357 should do the trick if I can reload fast enough. Guess I should practice reloading under stress more.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Well said sir and I completely agree.

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that these crimes are perpetrated by black youth. It's neither racist nor insensitive. I personally, being black, find it embarrassing, but it's a fact. It's something that needs to be pointed out, regardless of whose feelings it hurts, and addressed to find a solution.
    I will point out, that the constant references to Martin, should have zero bearing in likening these instances. If the media attempted, or anybody else, to make a comparison to a person randomly attacked by a mob and that person intelligently trying to avoid, and if needed, employ deadly force to the Martin-Zimmerman dynamic, they'd be flat wrong."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I live in Jeff but work in Louisville. I usually carry a lightweight .38 or my 3" SP101 but think I might need to go with something a little bigger and higher capacity... Although 5 shots of .357 should do the trick if I can reload fast enough. Guess I should practice reloading under stress more.

If confronted and threatened, to fire in defense will scatter these punks like roaches in the light. A 5 shot will work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

If confronted and threatened, to fire in defense will scatter these punks like roaches in the light. A 5 shot will work.

This. These little gangsta wannabees will scatter when the gun comes out and will be running at the first shot. Won't hurt to have more capacity, but it wouldn't bother me to have only 6 rounds from one of my revolvers, either.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This. These little gangsta wannabees will scatter when the gun comes out and will be running at the first shot. Won't hurt to have more capacity, but it wouldn't bother me to have only 6 rounds from one of my revolvers, either.

More is Better!!! With only 6 rds I'd hate to run into the fools that don't scatter. Lots of these kids are well armed and use the "spray and pray" method. Bystanders be damned as they don't care.
    I've got family off the Okolona exit and their neighborhood has been taken over.
    LEO in that area are seldom seen now. 'Sup with that? Surely LEO hasn't wet their panties?

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    It made me question my edc choice thats for sure I typically carry a CM9 but started thinking my 229 might be a better choice for water front festivities. Thunder over Louisville and the Chow wagon should be exciting to say the least.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The more politically correct we become the worse things get. Hell with "he's a good boy" or "he made a bad decision crap". Make 'em pay for their deeds from DAY 1.
    It's like raising your kids. Yell at them all the time and they ignore you when there's no consequences. Just a lot of wasted noise.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I've little doubt that an unarmed mob crowd would be dispersed at the first shot.

While there's strength in sheer numbers that could overwhelm even something like a Glock 17...most folks have a strong sense of self-preservation and a 5-shot 38 would likely be PLENTY sufficient. After all, you might only get 5 out of 15...but who among those 15 is going to play the odds?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Bill Oreily talked about this on his program last night. This is getting national attention. Louisville won't be able to continue ignoring it for long.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    FN should go on an all out advertising blitz for their FNX-45 in select urban markets. Rename it the FN-CSS(compact street sweeper) or maybe the FN-MDT(mob dispersal tool). There's something about a 15+1 .45 ACP that would speak to many people who have reason to be fearful of such situation.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I spend a fair amount of time across the river, almost always at night, so i have been really torn about this lately. I've been running the scenarios through my head as they keep discussing them on local news...i hope/pray that if im caught in one of these situations, you guys are right about the appearance of my EDC would scatter them.

Me, I'm not so sure...I have been thinking about this a lot Teen arrested at Waterfront Park with gun, police step up patrols | WHAS11.com Louisville

That kid was arrested with a handgun...yes, 1 out of the (supposed) 200 kids had a gun on them, but he was one of a few that were arrested...how many other kids had a firearm on them that got away scot free? I keep thinking that if faced with a mob of 200 people, how am i going to assess the threat when i cant even count how many are approaching me? Thats a scary thought

Separate thought: If things escalate to the point of a self-defense shooting, i cant help but think that the comparisons to GZ/TM will be made. The man who stabbed the 14yo on the Tarc bus was lucky to have the surveillance video from the bus to prove he was acting in self defense...but according to his daughter he still high tailed it out of town.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The community activists are holding talks. I wonder if the kids who are committing the violent acts are beyond "help". They appear to have no moral compass and I can't see them getting turned around unless a parent or guardian takes the bull by the horns. I really think that the majority of these kids are just hangers on and really won't perpetrate crimes. I grew up with a cousin who, although pretty normal through high school, ended up just looking for trouble, street fighting for kicks and then turned to drugs. He hung out with no-goods. He died way before his time. He wasn't disadvantaged and actually was given plenty. His mother always tried to protect him and took his side against authority figures. To this day, I can't really understand his turning to this kind of behavior.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The community activists are holding talks. I wonder if the kids who are committing the violent acts are beyond "help". They appear to have no moral compass and I can't see them getting turned around unless a parent or guardian takes the bull by the horns. I really think that the majority of these kids are just hangers on and really won't perpetrate crimes. I grew up with a cousin who, although pretty normal through high school, ended up just looking for trouble, street fighting for kicks and then turned to drugs. He hung out with no-goods. He died way before his time. He wasn't disadvantaged and actually was given plenty. His mother always tried to protect him and took his side against authority figures. To this day, I can't really understand his turning to this kind of behavior.

If you have not put the Moral compass in place before 10 yrs. old the fight is lost without a major effort. Parenting (properly done) is a lost/dying discipline. Being a parent is the absolute most difficult job we take on. The lazy do not raise the kids. The feed/dress and release them on society and think they have done a great job.

These near adult people are set on a road that can only be changed by them. If these lazy parents step in now the kids will sue them or try to anyway.
    Not all parents are to blame as some kids are just bad seeds. I would venture to guess that 90% of this is just lame parenting.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you have not put the Moral compass in place before 10 yrs. old the fight is lost without a major effort. Parenting (properly done) is a lost/dying discipline. Being a parent is the absolute most difficult job we take on. The lazy do not raise the kids. The feed/dress and release them on society and think they have done a great job.

These near adult people are set on a road that can only be changed by them. If these lazy parents step in now the kids will sue them or try to anyway.
    Not all parents are to blame as some kids are just bad seeds. I would venture to guess that 90% of this is just lame parenting.
    There is a lot in what you say. The real bad ones need to be identified and locked up. I think (hope) that the hangers on can be turned away from this behavior. From what I have heard, LMPD brass has been complicit in this due to their not dealing with this from the outset and avoiding taking criminal reports in the Big Four Bridge area and waterfront park. The pot just kept boiling until it boiled over.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a lot in what you say. The real bad ones need to be identified and locked up. I think (hope) that the hangers on can be turned away from this behavior. From what I have heard, LMPD brass has been complicit in this due to their not dealing with this from the outset and avoiding taking criminal reports in the Big Four Bridge area and waterfront park. The pot just kept boiling until it boiled over.

Again....the race issue is part of this. Sadly, most of these kids are of color and the authority's do not want to deal with it. I seriously doubt the have any space to put them all if they did do a sweep.

Top Bottom