• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Do you need some tissues for your issues?

You don't think the president of a state ran university has anything to do with politics? Public elects governor. Governor approves/rejects BOT members. BOT members are part of the selection committee for president. We won't even delve into the financial side of things...

:scratch:

I think they receive state funds, but I don't think they are state ran.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    As a Purdue alum, this is a classic good news/bad news story. The bad news of course is that Daniels will apparently become president of my alma mater. The good news is that this probably prevents him from becoming Willard's choice for VP.

I'm sure he's already working on plans to sell-off Ross Ade and Mackey to the Chinese.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My mom is die hard Purdue supporter and a die harder Mitch Daniels Hater.

She's litterally flipping out right now, and I'm not helping as an IU alumn and Mitch Daniels supporter. ;)

I asked her if this means she'll start rooting for IU, to which she said she couldn't determine who she hated worse, Mitch or IU.

Whether or not you like the guy, you can't deny that wasn't born yesterday and probably has a pretty good idea of the political scene.

That he took this role this tells me:

a) He sees / knows he has no place in any part of the administration that will be elected in November.

b) He knows what is coming and is trying to get as far away from it as he can, whiich may be an ominous sign.

c) He is hoping to gain some experience in the public education sector to help offset some of the sour feelings that may come his way given his tenure as governor in Indiana and its influence on public education here. This would help his cause in a 2016 election.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    He is qualified for one Purdue Tradition......the Gene Keady comb-over :laugh: (I shouldn't throw stones, I don't have enough to comb-over, Ha!)

Geno is au naturel these days. :D

Gene%2BKeady%2BNew%2BLook.jpg

dwagner3701

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    South of Lafayette
    This should be great for Purdue. I'm sure he will cut out a lot of the waste. They throw away more money a year than you can imagine. They also refused to cut the tuition when told to by the state. He will have his hands full with all of the libs there.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sources confirm Gov. Mitch Daniels will be next Purdue president | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

I guess he will fight to get back some of the money he cut from their budget, as well as other Indiana universities. :dunno:

They may get to carry guns on campus! :yesway:

The current president is hated by just about everyone except for the lesbian-feminists. She has been able to get most men over the age of 50 fired. and established diversity offices that act like secret police.

I hope that Mitch would clear out the feminists and the progressives from Purdue and return it to being a place that conservatives would feel comfortable. As it is, most of the alumni are not very happy with the current administration. Far too feminist.

Frankly 70% of the PhD candidates at US universities are foreign born, primarily from Asia. Most US kids just do not have it to become PhDs. Maybe the religious kids might have the discipline. Thus over the next 10 years most of the Baby Boomers, who are the progressives, will retire. And they will be replaced by Chinese or Indians who will not tolerate the feminists or the progressives. Thus it might be better to hire a president who is Chinese American and who can speak Chinese.

Just remember those who control the universities control the country and the culture.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The current president is hated by just about everyone except for the lesbian-feminists. She has been able to get most men over the age of 50 fired. and established diversity offices that act like secret police.

I hope that Mitch would clear out the feminists and the progressives from Purdue and return it to being a place that conservatives would feel comfortable. As it is, most of the alumni are not very happy with the current administration. Far too feminist.

Frankly 70% of the PhD candidates at US universities are foreign born, primarily from Asia. Most US kids just do not have it to become PhDs. Maybe the religious kids might have the discipline. Thus over the next 10 years most of the Baby Boomers, who are the progressives, will retire. And they will be replaced by Chinese or Indians who will not tolerate the feminists or the progressives. Thus it might be better to hire a president who is Chinese American and who can speak Chinese.

Just remember those who control the universities control the country and the culture.

I really hope you're just a troll.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Mitch has shown very good leadership at the executive level. I expect that he'll continue this trend and will be a great boon to both Purdue and West Lafayette.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Mr. Trooper has yet to make a single post on this entire forum that doesn't speak of religion (verboten) or controlling people through .gov. Just an observation.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    As a Purdue alum, this is a classic good news/bad news story. The bad news of course is that Daniels will apparently become president of my alma mater. The good news is that this probably prevents him from becoming Willard's choice for VP.

I'm sure he's already working on plans to sell-off Ross Ade and Mackey to the Chinese.

Might as well, Purdue hasn't put them to good use for years...:noway:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

None of his/her post is accurate. While Cordova isn't as popular as past presidents, she has done a great job on the academic side of things. There were no mass firings of men or secret police. The lesbian/feminist angle...don't know from where that came. It seems to be a theme in his/her posts, I guess. :dunno:

I get to see and hear this first hand as I am on campus several times a month fulfilling board duties and attending meetings - weekly during the fall semester. My wife used to be an instructor at Purdue and remains active on campus as well.

Quit trolling, Trooper. You are making a fool of yourself.

Top Bottom