• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mr. Trooper has yet to make a single post on this entire forum that doesn't speak of religion (verboten) or controlling people through .gov. Just an observation.

How is the observation that the universities are controlled by the left thus control the nation even suggesting that I want people controlled? if we are to have freedom then we have to purge the left from academia.

Either you are a democrat (union type) or you are obsessed with other people controlling you.

And you can not be truly free until you have self discipline. Running from God will not help you either. I do not know who screwed you over as a kid but get over it. Without faith you are very open to being enslaved.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How is the observation that the universities are controlled by the left thus control the nation even suggesting that I want people controlled? if we are to have freedom then we have to purge the left from academia.

Either you are a democrat (union type) or you are obsessed with other people controlling you.

And you can not be truly free until you have self discipline. Running from God will not help you either. I do not know who screwed you over as a kid but get over it. Without faith you are very open to being enslaved.

How do you purge them?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd suggest that predicting what might occur at Purdue will not be easy other than to suggest that Mitch will handle the job. It will be interesting to observe how he removes fat, bloat, and maybe even the mendacity that pervades any so called higher education. Will a kid, for instance, see a full professor at the head of his class while a freshman? A sophomore? Maybe even as a Junior? Will he direct his staff to ABC rates in building construction or waste tax dollars with the lies of the AFl-CIO bs?

Handling the job should include a significant reform of Purdue as a University the template having national implications for what are basically overpriced and overvalued barnacles on society. I will predict, however, that it won't be long before graduates seeking to teach K-12 will be the most desired graduates of schools in Indiana and will command the highest starting salaries. (Thanks to Mitch, school boards can pay other than duh union rate).

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you purge them?

For one thing most of the progressives are of retirement age. Easy to encourage them to take early retirement.

Second you recruit professors who are conservative or libertarian. We have a number of professors at Purdue who are that way now. For example Dave Koltick, a very qualified long distance shooter, is a physics professor. And a former county council member.

Herman Rubin in the Statistics department is a libertarian and is a conservative Jew. Purdue had an ultra orthodox rabbi who was also a PhD in Political Science and was an associate professor.

There are others. And easy enough to recruit more.

BTW, most of our PhD candidates in the US are either Indian or Chinese. They will be the bulk of the new professors over the next 10 years nationwide. They are not very tolerant of feminism or progressivism.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Trooper, either tone it down or find somewhere else to post your thoughts.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Purdue's rules say the President has to retire at age 65 unless the board makes a special exception? He's 63 now.

The president is selected by the board of trustees. 8 of the 10 trustees were appointed by Daniels.

Cushy retirement job? Another state pension?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Purdue's rules say the President has to retire at age 65 unless the board makes a special exception? He's 63 now.

The president is selected by the board of trustees. 8 of the 10 trustees were appointed by Daniels.

Probably pays a lot more than governor.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Correct. He is going to sign a 5 year deal and the BOT will waive the retirement age. There is currently legislation to do away with mandatory retirement all together.

Deal gives exemption for 65, up | The Journal Gazette

To quell any tin foil hattery, it was proposed with an IU dean in mind. :)

The BOT decides on list provided to them by the selection committee. Only 4 members of BOT were on the selection committee along with the AD, deans, provost, etc. The BOT vote is done via secret ballot.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It's not as good as basketball coach, but it's not bad.;)

The highest paid state employee in Indiana is IU's basketball coach, Tom Crean. He pulls in $600k from the state. Painter is around $425k.

Did you know that Purdue University is one of only 22 out 300+ NCAA institutions to operate a sustainable athletic department, accepting ZERO public funds? Meanwhile, you are still paying for Bob Knight's and Kelvin Sampspon's buyouts. :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The highest paid state employee in Indiana is IU's basketball coach, Tom Crean. He pulls in $600k from the state. Painter is around $425k.

Did you know that Purdue University is one of only 22 out 300+ NCAA institutions to operate a sustainable athletic department, accepting ZERO public funds? Meanwhile, you are still paying for Bob Knight's and Kelvin Sampspon's buyouts. :D

Isn't every purdue student paying a fee for the athletic department even though 99% of them don't participate in purdue athletics?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Purdue may be one of the 22, but so is Indiana. :yesway:

Self-Sustaining Athletic Departments: More Than What Meets the Eye «

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Isn't every purdue student paying a fee for the athletic department even though 99% of them don't participate in purdue athletics?

Nope. No student athletic fees.

Here is an except from Mitch's speech today.

"I think it is a tremendous achievement from Morgan Burke and his people - and a tremendous selling point for this university - that they are one of the few in America with a self-sustaining athletic department,"

"It reflects, on one hand, great management by Morgan and others working with him and I think it reflects the right priority. That the athletic department is not being subsidized by tuition dollars of family who, in many cases, are working hard to make sure their child can go.

"So I think Purdue should be really proud of that. I intend to make that point with people who aren't even aware of it.

"The principle mission of this institution is learning and research. Athletics enriches it, livens it and adds fun to it, but it needs to be viewed in the subordinate role that it has, and needs to be conducted and overseen with the highest standards of integrity. My impression is that's the way they've been going about it here."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope. No student athletic fees.

Here is an except from Mitch's speech today.

"I think it is a tremendous achievement from Morgan Burke and his people - and a tremendous selling point for this university - that they are one of the few in America with a self-sustaining athletic department,"

"It reflects, on one hand, great management by Morgan and others working with him and I think it reflects the right priority. That the athletic department is not being subsidized by tuition dollars of family who, in many cases, are working hard to make sure their child can go.

"So I think Purdue should be really proud of that. I intend to make that point with people who aren't even aware of it.

"The principle mission of this institution is learning and research. Athletics enriches it, livens it and adds fun to it, but it needs to be viewed in the subordinate role that it has, and needs to be conducted and overseen with the highest standards of integrity. My impression is that's the way they've been going about it here."

I wish he took that same stance for k-12 sports during his 2 terms as governor. How many tax dollars have funded sports programs in the last 8 years?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Almost. :)

Bloomington Herald-Times: IU News Room: Indiana University

It is on the lower end of subsidization. Still a great achievement for Fred though. Particularly after they eliminated student athletic fees a few years back. We are all enjoying the BTN money flowing into the coffers. There is a controversy at Purdue currently as the University is skimming $2 Million a year off the top. The only school in the B10 to do so. Grrrrrr......

Last edited:
    Top Bottom