• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will say that a song like "Cat's in the Cradle" could never be a hit today. Not because of the music, though. Because fewer and fewer people have any concept of what it means to work too hard.

Ironically, that song is part of the Grand Theft Auto V soundtrack.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Ah! No! :lala:

I'm more disappointed that your generation never learned proper punctuation. /Grammar Nazi.

oh_snap.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ...a video game soundtrack. I'm going to submit that to Webster's as the very definition of irony.

So the actual soundtrack was composed by Tangerine Dream - the same guys that did Risky Business.

Cat's in the Cradle is on one of the radio stations you can play while driving around in cars (I think there's 16 different stations, including talk radio).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As much as some people in my generation suck, you can't really blame them. Blame should go on the parents who raised them that way. So, all you :oldwise: people...this is your fault!

My first thought was; "Typical". "It's not my fault!"

But decided to stay out of it.

See what I did there? Blame someone else! It's the way of my people!

Now, where do I collect my million dollars?

Of course I was never any good at keeping my mouth shut!

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    This just pretty much described my younger brother and sister. Here I am over here being an semi responsible adult, and one lives with my mom the other with my dad. My brother can't keep a job and has bounced back and forth out of mine and my father's house for the last 5 years. Says he hates people on welfare but mooches off my father and I while he stays up all night playing video games instead of waking up and finding a job. And my sister is to busy taking g advantage of legalized marijuana to be any thing more then a baby sitter. And there is only 5 years difference between my sister and I and 4 with my brother.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As much as some people in my generation suck, you can't really blame them. Blame should go on the parents who raised them that way. So, all you :oldwise: people...this is your fault!

I have to agree.

But....I know a few of these young folks that were Non-raised by total ass hats that seem to have found the path.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This just pretty much described my younger brother and sister. Here I am over here being an semi responsible adult, and one lives with my mom the other with my dad. My brother can't keep a job and has bounced back and forth out of mine and my father's house for the last 5 years. Says he hates people on welfare but mooches off my father and I while he stays up all night playing video games instead of waking up and finding a job. And my sister is to busy taking g advantage of legalized marijuana to be any thing more then a baby sitter. And there is only 5 years difference between my sister and I and 4 with my brother.

Well.........I was born in 1950. :oldwise:
    1 brother and 3 sisters.
    I am some what successful as I do and have always payed my own way. Not rich (:lmfao:) but comfortable.
    1 of the sisters is the same.
    The other 3 are worthless. Sponges...drunks and so on.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

So is it the baby boomers' (or Gen X?) fault for over coddling their offspring? :dunno:

Did we fail Whitney Houston?

Top Bottom