• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just their seditionist lives. I feel for Finicum, the rest?...... not so much if they continue their lunacy.

I will accept that characterization as soon as that motherf*cking Horiuchi stands trial and the BLM shenanigans are dealt with openly and honestly. Plea deals that require that if a ranch is sold it must be sold to the feds indeed.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    At this point, unless there is a clear official offer of amnesty, they don't have a hell of a lot to loose by at minimum staying put and going for broke if they get rushed.
    Is that your advice for all felons? To hold out for amnesty or go down in a blaze of gunfire with the police? Facing the music in a courtroom isn't an option?

944089_1116687791684797_6603379679905995644_n-M.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Also, found this open letter at the "Stop Shouting" Blog.

I have no idea why that guy is giving grief to Bretzing. He was given a task, and despite the death of Finicum, he appears to have handled it somewhat well. There's no way he could've controlled the reckless actions of Finicum. As I understand it Finicum charged officers while in possession of firearm, after failing to flee in motor vehicle. If that's how it went down, Finicum's death was a GOOD shoot.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I find it interesting to compare this to Furgeson. In one, a black guy with a known history of violence is killed by a policeman and most of us here rightfully assume the most likely scenario - that he attacked the cop and the cop was within his rights to use deadly force. In the Vanilla Isis Crisis we have a guy who has repeatedly said he is going to fight to the death rather than go to jail and some people think the most likely scenario is that he submissively put down his gun, stepped out of the car, got down on the ground and was shot by police as he was helpless.

The police would have been foolish not to video the stop so I'm assuming we'll all get to see it eventually. In the meantime, I'm going to give the cops the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise because the most likely scenario is pretty obvious. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no idea why that guy is giving grief to Bretzing. He was given a task, and despite the death of Finicum, he appears to have handled it somewhat well. There's no way he could've controlled the reckless actions of Finicum. As I understand it Finicum charged officers while in possession of firearm, after failing to flee in motor vehicle. If that's how it went down, Finicum's death was a GOOD shoot.
    That's a jumbo sized caveat there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a jumbo sized caveat there.

Compared to other govt ops that have gone completely fubar, not really. What do you think LE should do to a charging armed criminal? Shoot him in the legs? Tase him? Let's not get into this " they didn't have to shoot him," crap.

Kut (is amazed by what is obviously a double standard)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Compared to other govt ops that have gone completely fubar, not really. What do you think LE should do to a charging armed criminal? Shoot him in the legs? Tase him? Let's not get into this " they didn't have to shoot him," crap.

Kut (is amazed by what is obviously a double standard)
    Slow your roll. I know you love to take things out of context and put words in other people's mouths but, in this case, please don't. If you can reasonably assume that there will be a violent altercation why make the stop? Negotiations were ongoing. This might have ended up with the situation resolved and no one hurt. The gubmint forces would have gotten their men without any violence at all. Why take the chance and put the agents, as well as the citizens, at risk? Just a thought. You may now go back to your back-slapping over the "good shoot".

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Slow your roll. I know you love to take things out of context and put words in other people's mouths but, in this case, please don't. If you can reasonably assume that there will be a violent altercation why make the stop? Negotiations were ongoing.
    Do you propose we spend month negotiating with all armed felons? The government is going to need more negotiators.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you propose we spend month negotiating with all armed felons? The government is going to need more negotiators.

Dude. Nobody is reading anything posted that way, except for you.

Are you trying to suggest that the feds should never negotiate for a peaceful resolution? That's how it came across to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Slow your roll. I know you love to take things out of context and put words in other people's mouths but, in this case, please don't. If you can reasonably assume that there will be a violent altercation why make the stop? Negotiations were ongoing. This might have ended up with the situation resolved and no one hurt. The gubmint forces would have gotten their men without any violence at all. Why take the chance and put the agents, as well as the citizens, at risk? Just a thought. You may now go back to your back-slapping over the "good shoot".

Ok, not trying to put words in your mouth, but it sure seems like you're saying if a criminal has the potential to be violent, then LE should twiddle their thumbs and let the criminality persist. Ill point out that in the case of this particular takedown, it appears great lengths were taken to avoid collateral damage. The only one injured was one of those in violation of law, who resisted. So I'm really not seeing the issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dude. Nobody is reading anything posted that way, except for you.

Are you trying to suggest that the feds should never negotiate for a peaceful resolution? That's how it came across to me.

Oh course they should, but eventually, there comes a point when negotiations are deemed to be no longer of any uses. When the decision is made to take a more aggressive action, negotiations obviously don't stop. You keep negotiating even though it's purely to keep the perps occupied while the others stage to take action.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ok, not trying to put words in your mouth, but it sure seems like you're saying if a criminal has the potential to be violent, then LE should twiddle their thumbs and let the criminality persist. Ill point out that in the case of this particular takedown, it appears great lengths were taken to avoid collateral damage. The only one injured was one of those in violation of law, who resisted. So I'm really not seeing the issue.
    Well, I am not a professional LEO so I may be wrong. But, to me, I would think the potential for that criminal to do violence to others should be considered. These guys seemed to be fat, dumb and happy making their little political statement. The potential to inflict harm on innocents was pretty low or nonexistent. Seems to me that you would block all entrances/exits, food supplies, etc. and commence negotiating. I hate to see anyone get shot. I am very thankful that no LE was injured. I would have been even happier if no one was.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My guess would be that he is only against it when the protestors might be challenging the power of the federal behemoth.
    Otherwise, stand down and give them a safe space to do their thing.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh course they should, but eventually, there comes a point when negotiations are deemed to be no longer of any uses. When the decision is made to take a more aggressive action, negotiations obviously don't stop. You keep negotiating even though it's purely to keep the perps occupied while the others stage to take action.

Come on man! Can't you just let me troll him back? Lol.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

When I see Lon Horiuchi swing from a five-stranded hemp rope administered by the federal government I will take this seriously, and not 3/16 of a second sooner.

Top Bottom